Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is this fair?

Apparently whingeing about Lindsey (oh the injustice that someone who didn't want to work/tour full time [no solo in between] got fired!) and bitching about Mick ("What an a$$hole!") is perfectly fine in the Rumours forum. However, actually talking about the current line up of Fleetwood Mac which contains 4/5 Rumours members just like the Say You Will line up - just that instead of back up guitarists and singers they have Mike and Neil - is verboten. Instead these discussions have been relegated to the Post-Rumours forum.

Is this fair?
Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You'll be happy to know the moderators agree with you!

I happen to disagree. I believe that the addition of two members who were not a part of the Rumours line-up means that the band no longer qualifies as the Rumours line-up.

I know you do not agree. That is fine.

However, I feel my logic is quite solid, and I will continue to follow my own reasoning in this regard when it comes to where I post my topics.

I do not see that as "unfair."

Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have a problem with it. I may still be p*ssed but I still wish them the best of luck and will be mildly curious to hear how they sound on everything. I still won't be going but I'll be curious. As to where the discussions take place, it makes since I guess since the majority of that line-up is still in tact.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
You'll be happy to know the moderators agree with you!

I happen to disagree. I believe that the addition of two members who were not a part of the Rumours line-up means that the band no longer qualifies as the Rumours line-up.

I know you do not agree. That is fine.

However, I feel my logic is quite solid, and I will continue to follow my own reasoning in this regard when it comes to where I post my topics.

I do not see that as "unfair."
I think you missed my point on the fairness factor. To me, calling people you do not know personally (and therefore cannot speak with any accuracy) an "a$$hole" is not fair. If those threads are allowed to persist without argument, then so too should so-called "Post-Rumours" discussions that are free of any expletives disguised with $$ signs.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:54 PM

Unfortunately I don't have much time to post now so I'll just respond quoting my previous answers to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
As I've already said in another thread on the Rumours forum, discussions about the new line-up in our opinion (meaning we Moderators) should stay in the Rumours forum. If anyone feels more at ease here it's not a problem at all but I don't see why anyone should give up the right to post there.
Quote:
obviously this isn't the Post Rumours band at all since neither Mike nor Neil have anything to do with Billy, Rick, Dave and Becca, so idealistically it would need a forum of its own, but realistically on an old site like this one it's impossible without overpowering anything.
You also have to think that any sub-forum of this site in reality was meant to talk in a retrospective manner about its subject (saving Chit Chat I guess), so even the Rumours forum is actually about the band from 1975 to 1987. By the time The Dance came noone expected a reunion so from that point onward the Rumours board has been used for every subsequent output for convenience.
Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators, so anyone else saying that you can't discuss the new line-up here is either lying or misinformed.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have much time to post now so I'll just respond quoting my previous answers to this question:

Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators, so anyone else saying that you can't discuss the new line-up here is either lying or misinformed.
Well that just about settles it.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
It settles it. But its still wrong.
Sister, sorry... I think you're wrong.
Post-Rumours should be all incarnations post-Rumours-era only members. Rick and Billy are different entities to Bekka Billy and Dave.
Just wrong

Edit: and floored logic

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 06-22-2018 at 03:18 PM..
Old 06-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you missed my point on the fairness factor. To me, calling people you do not know personally (and therefore cannot speak with any accuracy) an "a$$hole" is not fair. If those threads are allowed to persist without argument, then so too should so-called "Post-Rumours" discussions that are free of any expletives disguised with $$ signs.
Apples and Oranges

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
High horse, party of one!
Old 06-22-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM is dead. Who cares where you post.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators...

I knew that was true already. But seeing it written
out is something else. A shame really.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Without Lindsey, it’s no longer the Rumours lineup and the band is really not Fleetwood Mac. He was the creative source behind its success.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Without Lindsey, it’s no longer the Rumours lineup and the band is really not Fleetwood Mac. He was the creative source behind its success.
I agree 100 percent. People think it was Stevie but the real genius behind FM was LB. His production took them places the made them stand out from other bands soundwise. Love him or hate him, he made them unique. When left to their own devices they slip into blandness and cheese.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree 100 percent. People think it was Stevie but the real genius behind FM was LB. His production took them places the made them stand out from other bands soundwise. Love him or hate him, he made them unique. When left to their own devices they slip into blandness and cheese.
Truest words ever written.

I've always thought he was a spoiled brat, BUT, his genius is what made them what they are. They'd be a f*cking footnote in history had Mick not asked him to join.

And Stevie = GENIUS??? NO ONE has ever uttered those ridiculous words.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-23-2018 at 12:33 AM..
Old 06-23-2018, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Truest words ever written.

I've always thought he was a spoiled brat, BUT, his genius is what made them what they are. They'd be a f*cking footnote in history had Mick not asked him to join.

And Stevie = GENIUS??? NO ONE has ever uttered those ridiculous words.
Stevie, as you have told me, knows three chords, F, G and Am.
To fashion over forty songs out of three chords is to me, genius.
To arrange the three chords of Dreams from a repetitive and slow piano piece to a rocking #1 single is ****ing incredible.