Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Tommy Emmanuel plays a variety of things in there with "Gas", he didn't write it either. He's a very flamboyant guy, kinda like the Liberace of the guitar. My teacher wrote it, this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguzKze1sYo. Mason Williams. He likes my version just fine.

I was hoping you'd be a little more coherent, but it's plain that your personal dislike of me has gotten in the way, as you couldn't even listen to the chorus of the tune I pointed you to. Sometimes good music takes the attention span of something more than an ant.
yeah right.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
yeah right.
Laugh all you want. I actually have video of him teaching me "Gas" when I was 15. I'll mail you a copy. PM me your address. You'd probably call him amateurish too.

Also, check out both of his websites, www.classicalgas.com and www.masonwillians-online.com. I'm in his "friends links" list, right next to Tommy Emmanuel nonetheless. Also, my website has a picture of me at Mason's studio with him and our guitars in my photo gallery. I also have over a decade's worth of correspondance and sheet music we've passed back and forth, all with personal notes that I could scan and email you. He even re-wrote some of his compositions for me when I learned different styles. I even have handwritten manuscripts of his and unfinished albums, practice tracks, tapes and CD's he's given me over the years, licenses he gave me to use his work. If you emailed his assistant, he would also confirm that we've known one another for 12 years. I'd rather not bug the man himself, since he's a relationship I value, especially over some penny ante web feud. Unless you actually want me to do that, you might just acknowledge that I'm telling the truth.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 09-25-2008 at 10:38 PM..
Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
vivfox will play it loud through the carspeakers though. You'll have an audience at last.
I thought the parody was deliciously cute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 180px-Matt-lawrence.jpg (13.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 7370e.jpg (9.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 14409031.jpg (35.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Drew%20Fuller%20%2820%29.jpg (10.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I thought the parody was deliciously cute.
Thanks Viv, it's nice to know someone doesn't automatically start a fight because I've posted something.....
Old 09-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Yes, and it took me all of five minutes!!
much like your 'parody'...yet you've spent a good majority of your day attempting to cram crap.
bowel movements, group projects, school programs aside, don't you have a something to do or finish?

Last edited by BTFLCHLD; 09-25-2008 at 11:27 PM..
Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
much like your 'parody'...yet you've spent a good majority of your day attempting to cram crap.
bowel movements aside, don't you have a something to finish?
Here's a simple equation that hopefully even a ledgie can follow, although I've been surprised at how little attention your average ledgie can pay, or how little simple logic can be followed:

Attacking me = me talking about me and posting stuff to contradict your accusations of lying or any other BS and personal insults hurled my way

Not attacking me = me talking about something besides me

If you don't like my saying stuff about things, don't attack me on it and I won't try so hard to pummel you. Make sense?

Play nice and I will too! What a novel concept?!

Let's go over this one more time to make sure that you understand:

Attacking me = me talking about me and posting stuff to contradict your accusations of lying or any other BS and personal insults hurled my way

Now, this means if I post a lighthearted parody meant to be funny, that means either like it or dislike it, but namecalling will result in more arguments. If you simple state an opinion on a topic that is not a personal attack, I will not try to fight you. If you hate my parody, great, everyone can have an opinion. If you say, for example, that making a parody makes me less of a human being in any way, I will argue with you until you tire out.

Let's go over this simple ledgie proof formula again:

One more time:

Got it yet? One more time:

Okay, hopefully you get it now.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Viv, it's nice to know someone doesn't automatically start a fight because I've posted something.....
I would really like to see people having polite discussions with you.It's clear to me you are being harassed.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I would really like to see people having polite discussions with you.It's clear to me you are being harassed.
Thanks, they might find I'm a nice person when I'm not being challenged 24/7. In their defense, I do become and intolerable a$$hole when someone challenges me personally or says I didn't do something I did. I don't lie about things like that, I don't feel the need to. I think a lot of people around here just have serious issues. I mean, like me or don't, but there is no reason to start these pitched battles over silly things. They become much larger things and it upsets me.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is no reason to start these pitched battles over silly things. They become much larger things and it upsets me.
And that's what they are trying to do, to upset you.
Closed Thread