The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey that's me in the pic, big guy far right - brown shirt! Great show, best one so far!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's blurry but it means a lot TO ME! lol
(CAMERA PHONE)

signing my Under the Skin sleeve:

Autograph, woot woot

Signing for others:

Old 09-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ahhh! Very cool! We hit the jackpot last night, So Cal Ledgies! And I am so grateful for it.

Uh, I was thinking about the L.B. T.I. and what the T I stood for. Okay, this completely nuts, but hey, I'm entertaining myself so go along with me. If you take away the S in Stevie and the N in Nicks, you have T.I. Tevie Icks....

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

After the intro to Big Love, I saw Kristen run out with Will and Lee Lee, carrying Stella in her arms and I thought that was strange. I figured they only wanted to listen to the part of the show that was about them, or maybe Kristen had chosen just that moment to leave Lindsey and was making a quick getaway.
Michele
That is so cool, an amazing opportunity- I'd love to see his family, how he is able to involve them is just magical. This is an incredible review, and i was pleased to read it.
How cool that he has finally been able to have a family-

I am just wondering though, where were you going with this one paragraph? I don't understand the part about Kristen wanting to make a quick getaway? That they only wanted to listen to the part of the show that was about them-? It sounds (and please correct me if I am off), that you may be making an assumption that may also be off? Is it possible that all the negative comments about Kristen are just that? Maybe that is not at all what you meant, hopefully I just misinterpreted that part. I have just read so many negative jealous, if you will, comments about his wife that I feel the need to stick up for Lindsey and his personal life, it makes me sad to read that kind of stuff. He loves her and that is good enough for me, I don't like the mean things people say about her, because, I love him!!! Please clarify, you sound like a huge fan, and I am hoping that I just read that part of your post incorrectly?? I tire of the criticism of his wife in particular, it all seems like hearsay, a small moment and she is judged for life. I really want to believe that is not what you were getting at. I just imagine how Lindsey would feel if he took the time to read such crummy innuendos, assumptions or opinions of how his fans trash his wife.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlforan View Post
That is so cool, an amazing opportunity- I'd love to see his family, how he is able to involve them is just magical. This is an incredible review, and i was pleased to read it.
How cool that he has finally been able to have a family-

I am just wondering though, where were you going with this one paragraph? I don't understand the part about Kristen wanting to make a quick getaway? That they only wanted to listen to the part of the show that was about them-? It sounds (and please correct me if I am off), that you may be making an assumption that may also be off? Is it possible that all the negative comments about Kristen are just that? Maybe that is not at all what you meant, hopefully I just misinterpreted that part. I have just read so many negative jealous, if you will, comments about his wife that I feel the need to stick up for Lindsey and his personal life, it makes me sad to read that kind of stuff. He loves her and that is good enough for me, I don't like the mean things people say about her, because, I love him!!! Please clarify, you sound like a huge fan, and I am hoping that I just read that part of your post incorrectly?? I tire of the criticism of his wife in particular, it all seems like hearsay, a small moment and she is judged for life. I really want to believe that is not what you were getting at. I just imagine how Lindsey would feel if he took the time to read such crummy innuendos, assumptions or opinions of how his fans trash his wife.
I understand what you are saying, but people experience what they experience. It's too bad that fans have had those experiences regardless.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlforan View Post
I am just wondering though, where were you going with this one paragraph? I don't understand the part about Kristen wanting to make a quick getaway?
Your zeal for defending Kristen's honor & character blinded you from understanding the context. If you read the following paragraph, its pretty clear that Michele was referring to her thoughts behind the reasons of Kristen's/kids actions at that exact moment. After "Big Love" was completed, its clear that they were making a "quick getaway" to prepare them for going onstage the next song.

Last edited by LukeA; 09-20-2008 at 09:31 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*thud* Wow. What a special night y'all had! Thanks for posting the pics too.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Your zeal for defending Kristen's honor & character blinded you from understanding the context. If you read the following paragraph, its pretty clear that Michele was referring to her thoughts behind the reasons of Kristen's/kids actions at that exact moment. After "Big Love" was completed, its clear that they were making a "quick getaway" to prepare them for going onstage the next song.
Thank you, I don't think I was "blinded" I just didn't quite understand what that point was about- I did read it, but I was unsure that is why I asked. Maybe it was clear to you but, apparently it wasn't to me. There is nothing wrong with zeal either, that is what got me up front totally enjoying myself-I don't think it is necessary to be rude when someone is just asking a question? I am sorry that I may have offended or those who feel that way, I guess I do tend to want to defend Lindsey and I don't think there is much wrong with that, I thought this was a fan corner--- Peace

Last edited by hlforan; 09-20-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love when you guys share the concert memories with us. Michelle, your recall of detail and word choice are impressive. I like your puns too.

SNLB, Wildheart82, ShangriLaTrouble, and FrontRowFred! Awesome photos! It's like we are standing right next to you. Your photos are the next-best-thing to being there.

I am looking forward to Wednesday when he is in Denver. I am a bit worried, because he's playing an opera house (an opera house?) which has an orchestra pit (?) and a large railing. The Colorado Ballet performs there.

No going near the stage...?

If that happens, maybe the crowd will be subdued....and stay seated...in good opera/ballet fashion.

Last edited by Betsy; 09-20-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heather,

Actually, I meant that maybe Kristen had chosen that moment to get a divorce. I think running off to find a lawyer while he was too preoccupied on stage to do anything about it would have been quite a crafty move.

But apparently, that's not what she had in mind! Michele
Old 09-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I meant that maybe Kristen had chosen that moment to get a divorce. I think running off to find a lawyer while he was too preoccupied on stage to do anything about it would have been quite a crafty move.

Seriously, though, everyone who has shared a review, experience, and picture for this night THANK YOU so much. Not only are they all so colorful and telling, but it helps to have visuals and details to see what it must have been like. It's actually beautiful to see how Lindsey's life has come around to being.

And Michele...you are so right. I think William looks the most like him. It's weird...kind of like LB during "Tusk" but obviously younger & healthier. I think Leelee is adorable as well. No Stella ones, but I imagine she was very cute. Though I am surprised that someone said she was a "baby." Isn't she like 4 or 5 at this point?

Well, thanks again. I'm getting excited about seeing him more and more.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Seriously, though, everyone who has shared a review, experience, and picture for this night THANK YOU so much. Not only are they all so colorful and telling, but it helps to have visuals and details to see what it must have been like. It's actually beautiful to see how Lindsey's life has come around to being.

And Michele...you are so right. I think William looks the most like him. It's weird...kind of like LB during "Tusk" but obviously younger & healthier. I think Leelee is adorable as well. No Stella ones, but I imagine she was very cute. Though I am surprised that someone said she was a "baby." Isn't she like 4 or 5 at this point?

Well, thanks again. I'm getting excited about seeing him more and more.
Yeah she's 4. She's not quite a "baby" anymore, more like toddler in my eyes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Heather,

But apparently, that's not what she had in mind! Michele
Thanks Michele...hahaha I see now that I misunderstood your post- that is funny-
I should have just sent you a pm instead of posting, it is so easy to misunderstand people when it's just typed words...don't really get the whole flavor of the conversation
I'm going to take my wonderful moment and appreciate it- I am done with debating someone I love, am so not talking about you! AGAIN it's just about 50% percent of the posts are negative and get me riled up rather than just appreciating the music- I don't want to ruin that for myself- I still got those rose colored glasses on, but I noticed I get caught up in some of the drama in this forum, I don't find it in others- I guess I thought it was a fan corner- again the rose colored glasses, i apologize if I sounded rude to you, I did LOVE your story-

Last edited by hlforan; 09-21-2008 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Thanks, everyone for the photos and reviews. I'm so glad Lindsey is enjoying touring and he's such a nice man. That is so cool that his kids got to be up on stage with him too. You can tell he is very proud papa! What a rare treat for the fans!

I'm also anxiously awaiting Fleetwood Mac tour next year too. Can't wait

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 09-21-2008, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It's the type of stuff that warms my heart most. I still remember when you got Bass Hall early and posted those screen caps of the kids for us, from the documentary. SO adorable.

Yes, born in April, I guess Stella is 4.5 now. It would have been a gorgeous picture of her with Lindsey, because he bent down to her level to talk to her and so they would have been face to face.

She looks much like she did in the Joyce Ostin book. Her hair is shorter than Lee Lee's and it fluffs on the ends. I saw her pushing it up and out of her face quite often. She already has those feminine gestures down pat. What amazed me is that she didn't really need that much coaxing from Brett to walk out on stage alone and get her dad's attention. I remember being the flower girl in my uncle's wedding when I was 5 and how nervous I was with all those eyes on me. Even though I rehearsed and rehearsed it was still rather intimidating. I didn't get that sense of fear from Stella.

I know you're going to have a ball in Cleveland and I can't wait to hear about it. Michele