Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default It Was Them in Anaheim

Just out of the Anaheim show. It was great overall, but I just wanted to quickly note Lindsey's kids. They were all there with about 8 school friends.

After the intro to Big Love, I saw Kristen run out with Will and Lee Lee, carrying Stella in her arms and I thought that was strange. I figured they only wanted to listen to the part of the show that was about them, or maybe Kristen had chosen just that moment to leave Lindsey and was making a quick getaway.

After Big Love, Lindsey said he wanted to do a song that was not normally in his setlist, but since he wrote it about his kids, he wanted to sing it for them. So, he started "It Was You" and imagine my surprise when Will came out for the line "William is here". He was shaking some rattling instrument (maraccas?). Then Lee Lee came out for her chorus. Kristen sat in a corner, egging them on.

When he got to "Stella's here!" Lindsey looked around for Stella, but she wasn't here. After the song he said, "Where's Stella?" Kristen answered him and he turned to the audience: "I think we lost Stella. Apparently she's asleep."

Brett dismissed the idea that Stella might be bored by her dad, hastily adding, "But she loves the show!"

Someone in the audience asked Lindsey how old Stella was and he said. "Four. Yes, we're bad parents." He had Will and Lee Lee take a bow and hugged them. He said getting 2 out of 3 kids up there wasn't bad.

An audience member told him he did a good job and he agreed that he and Kristen did good work when it came to having kids. He thanked Will and Lee Lee and said they had done a beautiful job on the song.

They went back into the audience and took their seats. By the time Lindsey got to Treason, his kids and all of their friends were sitting on the edge of the stage. They asked Lindsey for his guitar picks and he handed them out one by one.

When it was time for Time Precious Time, Will offered to give Lindsey one of the picks back and Lindsey smiled and said, "No, you keep it. I don't need it for this song."

As Lindsey performed TPT, Brett went and got Stella and held her in the wings. She had a firm hold on her blankie and she was waving to the kids sitting on the stage from her perch. After the song ended, Brett told her to go out on stage with Lindsey. She did and came up to Lindsey from behind, so he didn't really see her at first. When he did, he bent down to get her, but I think she was put off by the sweat dripping from him. She touched his damp shirt very gingerly, then teased him and eluded his grasp when he tried to grab her. As everyone left the stage, she lingered behind on the edge, looking out into the audience, clutching her blanket. I think she might just be a ham. Blood will out!

More about the actual show later.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-20-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that sounds absolutely precious. That was probably a treat for all there. Lindsey's so proud of his family and it's quite obvious. Soon it'll be like the Partridge Family or the "Sound of Music." Just wait.

Incidentally, since you were there...which of the children looks most like Lindsey in your opinion. I'm kinda of thinking it's somewhere between William and Stella. I don't know though. Used to think it was Leelee, but from the most recent pics she kind of looks like Kristen the most.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great review Michele - great show! It was really cool with all the kids there, at first they were standing by the stage, and one-by-one they all jumped up on the stage and sat on the edge. Will kept looking back and studying the crowd - it was really unique watching that interaction! After the show we went around back and waited hoping to get a picture or an autograph. All the kids came out first (about 12 of them - they had a bunch of friends!) Will and a few of the boys came over and started talking with us and then they gave out all the guitar picks that Lindsey had given them earlier. It's the one with the no pick symbol but on the other side it says L. B. T. I. Anyone know what the T. I. stands for??? Then all the kids got in the big van/bus and then Kristen came out carrying Stella and then Lindsey. He waved toward us and then got on the bus. After about 20 minutes, Lindsey got off the bus and it took off. He came over to all of us fans and spoke to each one of us, signed autographs and took pictures with any one who asked. He was really cool, took his time with each person and it was an incredible experience. What a great night, one I will never forget!!!

Here's my picture!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thats an excellent picture!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
thats an excellent picture!
Thanks David - did you recognize me? I met you in line at HOB Anaheim last year and we stood by the stage next to each other!!

Enjoy your upcoming concerts - mine is over
Old 09-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildheart82 View Post
Thanks David - did you recognize me? I met you in line at HOB Anaheim last year and we stood by the stage next to each other!!

Enjoy your upcoming concerts - mine is over
I think I do remember you. Nice to talk to you again. My first show is next SUnday in Kansas City. CANT WAIT! After everything Ive been through with my car, I'm thrilled to still be able to go.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildheart82 View Post
Will and a few of the boys came over and started talking with us and then they gave out all the guitar picks that Lindsey had given them earlier. It's the one with the no pick symbol but on the other side it says L. B. T. I. Anyone know what the T. I. stands for???
That was really nice of the kids to give you their guitar picks. I would guess that the "T" in LBTI stands for "tour" but I'm clueless as to the "I." Incorporated? That's a beautiful picture of you with Lindsey. You both look terrific. I thought it was an excellent show.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-20-2008 at 02:48 AM..
Old 09-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, it certainly turned out to be a great night! The concert was excellent as always and it was great to hear It Was You with 2 of Lindsey's kids taking the stage. Stella was in the row right in front of me and she is such a good baby! I also thought Will was a very nice young man. It was very exciting to be able to get a picture with Lindsey. He is such a soft spoken guy. He was very nice to all of us who were standing out there. I agree that watching Will watch us watch his dad was very interesting. He is just taking it all in, and it seems, enjoying it.

I will try to get some photos posted tomorrow. Right now I am just so tired, but I wanted to say "Hi" to The Ledgies who were out there waiting. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Glad it worked out for us all!

And, thank you to Lindsey for his time and graciousness in signing, taking pictures and just plain chit-chatting. Whatta guy!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nico,

I suppose it's too easy to say that Will looks like Lindsey just because he has brown hair that tends to be curly, but I think he does. I can't really tell if the girls look like him, although back when they did that People magazine lay out, Lee Lee's eyes reminded me of Lindsey's.

As for the rest of the show, about a half hour beforehand the kids were playing on the stage. I'm sure the set up crew appreciated that! The audience was pretty spare, still filing in, but when the girls started to do hand stands and acrobatics, people in the audience applauded them. The kids all had on GOS t-shirts. The boys had on white and the girls had on red/brown. Stella was the smallest child there and she liked the audience. Just as she did at the end of the show, before it started, she was standing on the apron of the stage, looking into the audience and waving. She also amused herself by pushing over any of the bigger kids trying to achieve hand stands. A diva in training.

Kristen looked like she not only had the whole school of children with her, but all of her friends and household staff too. It seemed to be more of them than there were seats to hold them. It took them awhile to get situated. Stella was holding her nanny's hand as she waited to be seated in the audience.

I was closer to the speakers this time than I ever was before and when the pounding beat of Great Day started, the thump, thump, thump felt like my heart leaping against my chest.

Before Trouble started Lindsey said his new album came out Tuesday. When people hollered that they had it, he said we should keep getting it. He said many of us know that Los Angeles is his home and he has lots of friends in the audience, in addition to his family. He mentioned them, his wife Kristen, and each of the kids by name and said that he loved them very much.

When he introduced Big Love, Lindsey said that he left FM in an attempt to regain his insanity, which caused everyone to laugh. He then added that he did it to regain his sanity and individuality too. He talked about how his life had changed since he met his wife just over 10 years ago and says that the original meaning of Big Love is now firmly rooted in the past.

I don't really like the studio versions of Come or World Turning, but I am enjoying both songs more on this tour than I did on the SYW tour.

He did It Was You between Big Love and Did You Miss Me. As part of the Big Love intro he also mentioned that the solo version he does became a template for a lot of other songs he's written since then. So, I guess he's noticed what the critics have been saying about the fast finger picking songs becoming ubiquitous.

When it was time to acknowledge the band he said, "I'd like to introduce the band . . . that's it." He turned around as if that was all he had to say and then laughed at his own joke. He mentioned that Wally came from a family of great percussionists.

I thought GYOW was especially sizzling, with the crowd so into it.

I was sorry to see "Family Night" on the GOS tour end.

Lindsey and the guys will now be leaving the California area and I sure will miss following the tour. But I look forward to reading about all of its changes and twists of fate in reviews from other fans.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-20-2008 at 11:16 AM..
Old 09-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNLB View Post
I agree that watching Will watch us watch his dad was very interesting. He is just taking it all in, and it seems, enjoying it.
We had to pass the Honda Center to get to The Grove and it made me think of Fleetwood Mac. If Will got a kick out of watching the crowd tonight, just wait until he sees the sea of people at the larger FM venues. Very exciting. Since 2003-2004 is probably pretty fuzzy for even Will to recall, I am glad that they are getting old enough to have these memories of their dad being a rock star.

Michele
Old 09-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

EXCELLENT PICTURE !!!!! GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 09-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a really cool thing to share with the audience- definitely family man! Congrats to those that got to be there! Thank you for telling US about it!

LBTI = Lindsey Buckingham Tribe INC.

You guys all saw the tribe!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Here are a few photos from last nights festivities:

When the kids went to the stage, the adults followed!
The blond kid raises his LB pick in victory, but was sweet enough to offer it back to Lindsey before he played Time Precious Time. The adults were "awwwing" over that gesture!

Love them and watch them grow:

Anaheim ROCKS!

It was such a great night last night. Kinda wish I was headed to Vegas!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing the pictures! Between the reviews and pics I can see it. It sounds like it was a LOT of fun!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a great night it sounds like!! WOW!! That was one of my favorite things on the last tour. Seeing the family and Will jump into his Dad's arms after the show. Anaheim sounds like 10 times that!! Awesome.