Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Ledgie

Default Shippers input GOS?

I haven't really noticed in any shipper thoughts regarding GOS. Lets face it, there's a tiny one in all of us, its in the back of your head... is that line about SN? i digress...

Though K helped write Love Runs Deeper... is it possible the adjective "black" was an adjective she chose? Certainly a "broken home" could've meant something too?

Nothing stands out. This is insightful, emotional work for LB, its just an oddity to get at least a jab or line in there somewhere. Then again, what real contact have they had since SYW ended?

Sorry, I forgot about Right Place to Fade... that song aside... anything? Great Day? TPT? Treason?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, let's just say it doesn't give shippers as much to work with as UTS did. But Great Day , DYMM and Love Runs Deeper.

Yeah Kristen, tell us what you wrote. Did you write the "she was out of tune" part?

I'm reminded of the gal in some lyrics. Additionally, as I've stated before, I am also taking a few (parallel) lines for Christine, even if they weren't intended and even if she burned her bridges and couldn't come back if she crawled on her hands and knees all the way from Kent!

I do wonder with Lindsey. We know he's written about both Mick and Stevie. I wonder if he would ever point out anything he might have written about John and Chris. Michele
Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really feel like the broken home in "Love Runs Deeper" refers to the Mac.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I really feel like the broken home in "Love Runs Deeper" refers to the Mac.
I like that interpretation a great deal. Michele
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, let's just say it doesn't give shippers as much to work with as UTS did. DYMM.
really?
i LOVE that song
i dont really care what/who it's about
but that would make it even more appealing

Quote:
Yeah Kristen, tell us what you wrote. Did you write the "she was out of tune" part?
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN lol
just remember
Mama foresaw the future when she wrote GDW and her "pale shadow" line
Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Someone posted a video of LB talking about Love Runs Deeper. Here is the link:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37426

I thought Lindsey said "I believe" my wife wrote the lyrics to the verses. "I believe"? Hmmm, he doesn't know for sure? Anyway, check out the video. Maybe I misunderstood something there.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNLB View Post
Someone posted a video of LB talking about Love Runs Deeper. Here is the link:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37426

I thought Lindsey said "I believe" my wife wrote the lyrics to the verses. "I believe"? Hmmm, he doesn't know for sure? Anyway, check out the video. Maybe I misunderstood something there.
No, you didn't misunderstand. He's just being coy.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzagar View Post
I haven't really noticed in any shipper thoughts regarding GOS. Lets face it, there's a tiny one in all of us, its in the back of your head... is that line about SN? i digress...

Though K helped write Love Runs Deeper... is it possible the adjective "black" was an adjective she chose? Certainly a "broken home" could've meant something too?

Nothing stands out. This is insightful, emotional work for LB, its just an oddity to get at least a jab or line in there somewhere. Then again, what real contact have they had since SYW ended?

Sorry, I forgot about Right Place to Fade... that song aside... anything? Great Day? TPT? Treason?

o.k could you please translate what a shipper is for us australians that have got no idea what ya mean!!! cheers mate!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunky View Post
o.k could you please translate what a shipper is for us australians that have got no idea what ya mean!!! cheers mate!
In this case, its a term that refers to fans who feel that Lindsey & Stevie belong together, and that Lindsey longs to break free from his marriage and/or his parental responsibilities for a passionate reunion with Stevie- and writes/sings about it every chance he gets.

The shippers also tend to blindly hate Kristen (Buckingham, Lindsey's wife) and paint her as a succubus from hell. Now, while its fair to say that those who have actually met her (and have dealt with with her unpleasant/petulant behavior first hand), or have knowledge of her rather um, curious background, have found other legitimate reasons to question Lindsey's judgment, its rather ridiculous to think that Lindsey was somehow misguided.

For what its worth, Kristen is exactly who Lindsey was looking/waiting for, and I'm sure they are quite happy together. I'll say that much.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
In this case, its a term that refers to fans who feel that Lindsey & Stevie belong together, and that Lindsey longs to break free from his marriage and/or his parental responsibilities for a passionate reunion with Stevie- and writes/sings about it every chance he gets.

The shippers also tend to blindly hate Kristen (Buckingham, Lindsey's wife) and paint her as a succubus from hell. Now, while its fair to say that those who have actually met her (and have dealt with with her unpleasant/petulant behavior first hand), or have knowledge of her rather um, curious background, have found other legitimate reasons to question Lindsey's judgment, its rather ridiculous to think that Lindsey was somehow misguided.

For what its worth, Kristen is exactly who Lindsey was looking/waiting for, and I'm sure they are quite happy together. I'll say that much.
Actually, the only part of that "definition" that can be said to be true of all "shippers" is the part I bolded.

The rest of it I have to call you out on generalizing because "shippers" come in all shapes, sizes and forms and do not all agree on the relationship between SnL - past, present or future or all feel the same way about his wife(certainly not that she came from hell - how harsh)...

Really, the best definition is "one who believes that Stevie and Lindsey are or should be together."
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

I agree.

Here is a post I made in the "Screwed @ Royce Hall 9/14/2008" thread in response to why K seemingly gets attacked:

Quote:
Well, it depends and there is a long, complicated history there. Here is some background info. Many people on the SYW tour reported that K was overtly rude without cause to them. Many people on the SYW tour reported that she was doing similar and other kinds of crazy and rude things. I know some of the people saying those things and they were not really people who were blind about LB and K. Granted, some were. Many people, however, rudely discounted the reports as coming from bitter females (mostly) who just hate K because LB and La Nicks should be together and K is in the way, etc. I think those people existed at the time, but and again, I know people whose complaints I agree with because they were not that way despite being lumped together. So, to discount all the opinions as just a bunch of crazy shipper fillies (CSF - a term coined by moi ) - is incorrect and unfair in my opinion. Moreover, many of the people lumping them together were so rude about it, it was ridiculous. So, people tend to be nervous and biting on this subject.

Also, there was a bunch of stuff that people, including me, saw with their own two eyes that never really got reported on a public message board. The reason for this is - if you did, as many did in the beginning, people would have the audacity to tell you you did not see what you saw. It essentially was censorship in that the naysayers wanted the CSF never to discuss the topic and gave the CSF utter hell and personal insults if the topic was discussed in any manner. The CSF were called stupid, deluded, and irrational liars who had no life. The CSF were called other names, insulted, etc. - when all they were doing was having a discussion on a topic they found interesting.

If you go to www.buckinghamnicks.net (kudos to the lovely and talented nancy ) and do a little research on the chatboard, you'll get an eyeful

Now, almost all the CSF are gone. So, the point is relatively moot, with the exception of people who still love to bag on that faction of fans, which I think is silly.

Anyhoodle - that is just come background on this issue and why I think people act like they do on this topic.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=37376&page=9

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunky View Post
Some of them write fan fiction about Buckingham & Nicks, which is sometimes interesting to read.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Without getting politically shipper/non-shipper I will concur with some else who posted that Treason is pointedly written about/for Stevie. The "years ago I was low, why should I care" is telling because I think he's speaking of how he felt left behind emotionally and recognizes and has compassion for this person who's going through it now. "They said you weren't there" The choice of words are unconvincing to LB that the person is acutally not there with the use of "They said". He might see through the lie and also reconnect to his feelings about how they lost the ability to communicate with each other with all that was going on around them.

I also think the dominant theme of the song is about embracing your own death as a way to reconnect to the past;

Behind garden walls I search for you
Saw your face full of grace searching for me

Sounds like afterlife fantasy and oh so well written.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
Without getting politically shipper/non-shipper I will concur with some else who posted that Treason is pointedly written about/for Stevie. The "years ago I was low, why should I care" is telling because I think he's speaking of how he felt left behind emotionally and recognizes and has compassion for this person who's going through it now. "They said you weren't there" The choice of words are unconvincing to LB that the person is acutally not there with the use of "They said". He might see through the lie and also reconnect to his feelings about how they lost the ability to communicate with each other with all that was going on around them.

I also think the dominant theme of the song is about embracing your own death as a way to reconnect to the past;

Behind garden walls I search for you
Saw your face full of grace searching for me

Sounds like afterlife fantasy and oh so well written.
Those lyrics made me think of "Running Through the Garden"
Old 09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post

You forgot to mention that some shippers are extremely violent in their hatred of those who question some of the obvious delusions of ultra-shipperdom. Most shippers are nice though, there is a certain segment that are just plain psycho. For example, the "Do you hear me Annie?" was changed to mean "Stevie" instead of who it was obviously meant for, "Anne Heche", etc. Many ultra-shippers would stake their lives on such nonsense.