User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers.
She's a moron. If you're going to marry a musician with lots of dedicated fans, there's going to be people who will want to meet your husband. If she doesn't want that, maybe she shouldn't have married him.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'm not saying what happened to you was acceptable, but you have to consider he also couldve been a typical rock and roll star and looked at you and been like "Who the F**K are you, get outta my face."

Whoa!! Hold the phone!! I respond nicely to your post and then this is what I get back??

First... Lindsey is NOT your typical rock star. If he was he wouldn't be playing Royce Hall a place that holds 1800 people and the tickets were on sale for $5.00 at GoldStar.com. Even with that ticket price the place was NOT full.

Second... His actions basically did say "Who the F**K are you, get outta my face." It was not cool. Maybe Lindsey saves his manners for Fleetwood Mac shows.

Third... Why would you respond so harshly to my response back to you??
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers. All of that aside, though... she's still a pretty unpleasant person on various levels.

As for Lindsey, he does usually (although often begrudgingly) take the time to briefly meet with fans after shows. Many fans on this board have had their picture taken with him, etc. This is markedly different than his behavior towards fans on the Say You Will tour, where you never knew what Lindsey you were going to get after the show (especially at meet-n-greets) .

I have to say I agree with this assessment of K based on some of the stories I have heard since 2003.

LB usually is way nice to the fans solo or otherwise. So, I am blamimng her, esp. with her "not tonight" outburst. Maybe she did not want to field any questions about the "artistic" photo on the cover of the new record

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 09-17-2008 at 04:44 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I USED to enjoy meeting musicians, but after seeing many treat their fans (Not specifically LB - Never bothered to seek an autograph from LB) as if they are a nuisance instead of realizing that the said FANS paid for their 'lavished lifestyles', I quit caring to meet 'em.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-17-2008 at 08:22 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Maybe she did not want to field any questions about the "artistic" photo on the cover of the new record

That's pretty funny! Hey, Warner Bros. already told Lindsey it looked like a mug shot. So, I guess she has had just a little bit of feedback.

Michele
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I have to say I agree with this assessment of K based on some of the stories I have heard since 2003.

LB usually is way nice to the fans solo or otherwise. So, I am blamimng her, esp. with her "not tonight" outburst. Maybe she did not want to field any questions about the "artistic" photo on the cover of the new record

She photographed the cover? Interesting I did not check the liner notes as carefully as I thought.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Royce Brush Off!

Gawd Lindsey sure can pick 'em! Maybe there's "Trouble in Shangra-La"? Ten years and three kids could very well do it. What's she going to do when he does a full-blown FWM tour? Drag the kids from coast to coast to make sure Lindsey stays in line. Lawdy,lawdy! Where'd he find this woman anyway?

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
She photographed the cover? Interesting I did not check the liner notes as carefully as I thought.
It just says photography by Kristen Buckingham. So, I have to assume that means all the photos in the whole thing.

Before I read that, I thought Lindsey had taken the picture himself. I thought that accounted for the strange camera angles, if he was just positioning the camera in front of him and clicking it remotely.

Michele
Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Gawd Lindsey sure can pick 'em! Maybe there's "Trouble in Shangra-La"? Ten years and three kids could very well do it. What's she going to do when he does a full-blown FWM tour? Drag the kids from coast to coast to make sure Lindsey stays in line. Lawdy,lawdy!
Pretty much, yeah... stiletto boots and all, as was SOP in '03-'04 (http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=455&c=9) At least for the cosmopolitan stops on the tour, that is (I doubt Kristen does Grand Rapids, if you know what I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Where'd he find this woman anyway?
You don't want to know.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I met Lindsey in 2006 and he was an absolute sweetheart, could not have been kinder and more accommodating. It was freaking cold that night as well. Kristen wasn't there either...

I do think Lindsey is generally a moody man, though. I've read a few encounters, one from a book written by some groupie, where she met Lindsey with Kristen (possibly in '97) and he was apparently not nice and K was even worse, full-fledged eye-rolling, loud sighing, and even stomping. That's interesting.

I've seen her as well and she seems, from when I saw her, lovely. But I don't think it's cool if she's actually scoffing at fans. To be honest with herself, much of the comfort of her lifestyle is provided to her by a man who has made his money from these people, so respect, or some patience, is due.

But if the kids were with them...I might have to reconsider. I'm apt to be more understanding of parents with their kids and being protective and whatnot. Then again, 15 people...yeah, that wasn't cool.

Oh well. Maybe she's intimidated. She shouldn't worry about me. I think her husband is incredible but there's only one man in my life and even Lindsey can't compare. Sorry.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 09-17-2008 at 05:26 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.
Try not to take it so personally. Lindsey is just a person you really do not know and he has good days and bad days. I'm sure he's real exhausted after a show, especially at his age.

Honestly, his wife may have been the one chosen to be "the bad guy" and to get him out of things he might not want to do.

Just cause you support him doesn't mean you control him and expect him to be a certain way, you're there for the music anyway.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
I know what you mean about bad mood in seattle. He was the same way in portland just kind of strange.i mentioned something about it to my wife but she said I read into things.But I'm glad he stayed and I was able to get a pic.
I believe you. Like I said, he is moody with a capital M. I'd assume that since he's old-and-mellowed now, he was a PISTOL when he was younger. Like male-PMS and then some. I saw him NY when he smashed his guitar and I had very good seats and it was very much NOT in jest. That man was raging.

...I got to say I loved it though. He was hot when he was mad...

Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Wow.
Try not to take it so personally. Lindsey is just a person you really do not know and he has good days and bad days. I'm sure he's real exhausted after a show, especially at his age.

Honestly, his wife may have been the one chosen to be "the bad guy" and to get him out of things he might not want to do.

Just cause you support him doesn't mean you control him and expect him to be a certain way, you're there for the music anyway.
I agree with this. I generally don't expect anything from artists except their music. Meeting them is a bonus. Even though she has had several bad encounters, I still hold nothing against Mrs. Buckingham. Probably because she's a quieter type and seems like she's made Lindsey so happy. If she was loud-mouthed stark-raving mad wife shouting and cussing fans out I'd just think she was pathetic, but as is she's done nothing personal to me. And I think Love Runs Deeper is extraordinary.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
If she did not and he paid someone else, no wonder she's a beeyotch

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like DavidMN - He has always been nice when I have met him....REALLY nice. Like, I was shocked he cared about his fans so much kind of nice.

I guess everyone has different experiences.

I have never had a bad run in with Kristen either. When I saw her, she was always nice UNLESS someone was trying to talk to their kids or something. She's seems like a normal protective mother.