Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The whole show is here:
https://www.pscp.tv/cms1954/1nAKEymXVwZKL

Last night's show looked like a real tearjerker. Fleetwood Mac/Stevie certainly does have a history of showing up in places where there has been recent tragedy. It is much needed.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Wdve local radio station review

We'll probably never see Fleetwood Mac again in Pittsburgh. They were great tonite at PPG Paints. Neil Finn & Mike Campbell do a tremendous job filling in for Lindsey Buckingham. And those are some BIG shoes to fill. We saw Lindsey in Homestead exactly 2 weeks ago, he & his band were super, jag-off that he is, but he was so much responsible for Fleetwood Mac becoming world-famous in the '70's. Tonite without Lindsey, the band didn't miss a beat, not to us anyway. Stevie can't hit the high notes anymore, she doesn't even try to, but she also just turned 70! Mick Fleetwood was ferocious on drums. Christine sounded fine. So did her ex-husband John on bass. Neil Finn did a special tribute to "the grieving families in Squirrel Hill." Everyone held up their lit phones, it was very moving & so touching to see that Fleetwood Mac knew exactly what city they were in tonite, referencing what Pittsburgh has been thru since last Saturday in Squirrel Hill.
Class act.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
SOLD OUT
I was flamed several months ago for even suggesting such a thing. There are about 5 posters that owe me an apology over a grand slam breakfast at Denny's.
One poster was so upset with me saying the tour would be successful that he swore he would not come back.
On another note, never thought I would ever hear Stevie say Pittsburgh Steelers

Yes they do! I get that many people want this tour to fail but in reality they are doing pretty damn well. OMG I know I almost fell over when Stevie said Pittsburgh Steelers -ha! I like that she mentioned filming her DVD here last year so we know she hasn't forgot about it.
Also I saw Stevie's friend Mary (I think that's her name, blonde woman with bangs) sitting next to the stage the entire show on her laptop so I'm assuming she's responsible for the images on the screen?
The guy in the front row knew who she was and talked to her for about 20 minutes before the show. She seemed really nice!

Last edited by kak125; 11-02-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Old 11-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
The whole show is here:
https://www.pscp.tv/cms1954/1nAKEymXVwZKL

Last night's show looked like a real tearjerker. Fleetwood Mac/Stevie certainly does have a history of showing up in places where there has been recent tragedy. It is much needed.
Wow thank you for this link. You know they really do I was just telling my husband that last night. Stevie has a way of just calming people and making them feel better even if it's just for a short amount of time.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IMG_3728.jpg

stevie1.jpg

IMG_7770.jpg

IMG_3768.JPG

Last edited by kak125; 11-02-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Old 11-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
SOLD OUT
I was flamed several months ago for even suggesting such a thing. There are about 5 posters that owe me an apology over a grand slam breakfast at Denny's.
You know what? If you ever get to Colorado I'll do you one better and buy you breakfast at Black Bear Diner or Snooze. The pineapple upside down pancakes are to die for. And I rarely come out of my hermit like existence. This thing in Pittsburgh... we have got to find a way to be better to each other.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Wow thank you for this link. You know they really do I was just telling my husband that last night. Stevie has a way of just calming people and making them feel better even if it's just for a short amount of time.
I've never seen her cry so hard on stage.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have so many more pics but they are all too big to insert here. I even got a good one of John.

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg
Old 11-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never seen her cry so hard on stage.
I really didn't think she was going to keep it together especially when she started talking about her mother. So many tears last night.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I really didn't think she was going to keep it together especially when she started talking about her mother. So many tears last night.
God bless to you and your community.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Also I don't think anyone mentioned it but Christine stood last night during All Over Again and her voice sounded really storng from what I saw on Periscope.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God bless to you and your community.
Thank you! This really hit too close to home that's for sure. My good friend lives in squirrel hill (i live about 5 min away in the southside) and her neighbor was shot (she survived) but her mother didn't. She just got out of the hospital yesterday and the media was already waiting to talk to her. I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now. So sad.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie has improved and perfected her Black Magic Woman speech.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks to Carol for filming the show.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default For Pittsburgh

Quite an interesting night. I think the biggest thing with this tour is that they seem to be enjoying the performances. That or they're really good at pretending to. This was the most loose feeling FM show I've seen yet. Hearing a set that is fairly different from any other tour was refreshing. I never thought I'd hear a song from Time and enjoy it. But it was lovely. And, yes, Christine was STANDING. She also started pulling on some of Stevie's microphone stand shawl strands at one point...more funny than anything but maybe they were having a moment.

I'm not much for sentiment, but the Landslide moment and Neil's dedication were something I hope lots of people get to see online. Kak, so sorry to hear that you're close to all of that. I hope your friend is doing the best they can be. It's just so awful. I have family and friends nearby that, thankfully, weren't affected. However, Pittsburgh never fails to amaze me with how resilient the people can be and how fiercely they come to the aid of others.

The band was playing great, Stevie and Christine sounded pretty damn good, and getting some guitar solos I couldn't hum note for note was nice. I hope there's more because I'd easily do this all over again.

(Kak, super jealous of the seats and those pictures you got. Thanks for posting the video in the other thread. I think this was right up there with the SYW show in my ranking of FM concerts.)