The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What can we realistically expect from this band at this point?

What do you think we can realistically expect from Fleetwood Mac at this point in time?

If I'm honest and not optimistic but realistic, this is what I expect:
- Lindsey solo album in April 2018 and short US tour
- Fleetwood Mac cash grab greatest hits world tour September 2018 - December 2019 (with a break of two or three months between continents)
- If we're lucky, Buckingham McVie II and another duo tour
- No final Fleetwood Mac album
- A greatest hits retrospective Fleetwood Mac album, maybe including four new tunes
- No new music from Stevie, not even solo (maybe another vault songs album but to me that doesn't count as new music)
- No solo album from Christine
- Mick to continue playing with his blues band
- John maybe to retire from touring before the rest of the band
- 2018-2019 tour will be the last one

What do you guys expect? Keen to hear your thoughts on this one!

Cheers

James
Old 02-16-2018, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Solo CD

Lindsey’s solo CD is likely to be delayed (well, probably because a record company is involved and they have delusions of grandeur that it can become a Fleetwood Mac CD). We may see a “Best of” collection from Warner’s for Lindsey’s solo work before we see the solo CD. Hopefully he tours solo this summer before the Mac tour gears up.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I hate it when people refer to tours as "Cash grabs." Bands go on the road and the supply/demand dictates the ticket prices. They would get bashed for not touring and when they still can for a final act, I don't think its fair to call it a cash grab.
Having said that, I believe this big world tour will be near the end of the road for the band.
I think Stevie will do another solo tour 2020? I don't believe the Mac will record again. I think Lindsey and Christine may do another album but I don't think they will tour.
I think the band may reunite for a few appearances here and there but no more touring.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey will keep making music, as long as there are labels willing to put it out--and there are.

I think another BuckVie is a BIG possibility.

Anything else is a dream, I think.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sadly I think Stevie is in full Miss Havishan mode (only wearing black and not her white wedding dress) and will forever be living in and off her past. Now that atom is gone and her parents and no family or love life for some time (that we know of) she’s a bit of a Debbie Downer.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hate it when people refer to tours as "Cash grabs." Bands go on the road and the supply/demand dictates the ticket prices. They would get bashed for not touring and when they still can for a final act, I don't think its fair to call it a cash grab.
Having said that, I believe this big world tour will be near the end of the road for the band.
I think Stevie will do another solo tour 2020? I don't believe the Mac will record again. I think Lindsey and Christine may do another album but I don't think they will tour.
I think the band may reunite for a few appearances here and there but no more touring.
"Cash Grab" isn't in reference to them touring, or the price of tickets, it's the lack of any new material for the tour to support.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
"Cash Grab" isn't in reference to them touring, or the price of tickets, it's the lack of any new material for the tour to support.
LOL Hello! (Waving)
One band member refused to record or make new music. The rest of the band would have went on the road to promote new music. If its a no go with new music, lets not have them just sit around. Lets have them play at least one more time.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LOL Hello! (Waving)
One band member refused to record or make new music. The rest of the band would have went on the road to promote new music. If its a no go with new music, lets not have them just sit around. Lets have them play at least one more time.
I wonder how things might have panned out differently had they made a different decision when Chris rejoined.
They decided to do another big tour straight away- I'm sure Mick & Lindsey had hoped Chris rejoining would have led Stevie to immediately record an album straight after that tour.
Stevie always talks about her solo-Fleetwood Mac-solo-Fleetwood Mac cycle. Had they used that window to do an album, surely Stevie would have had no choice but to do an at least a short tour to support it. Perhaps we could have had an album and tour at that point rather than just one big, long tour.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what...? I don't think an album and then a tour is unrealistic at this point. I really never thought it would happen but I think there is a chance. It sounds like Lindsey's album has been postponed or shelved. Stevie says 'I'm going to Hawaii for a couple of months and then...well I have no plans'.

If Lindsey's album is rolled into a Fleetwood Mac album I'd be annoyed for him. Of course I'd personally prefer a Fleetwood Mac album but I'm annoyed he's pushed for a FM record for nearly 10 years and then just because her majesty might be ready he'd be expected to put the band first.

Mind you, Lindsey's position has changed over the past 20 years. 20-30 years ago he was all for the small machine. Now things are different due to his family. Its not that he wants to make money (he doesn't need it), I think its more the case he likes his family to see him as the big rock star. He's proud of his wife and kids seeing him being in the limelight.

Anyway, I do think a chance for one last album might be back on the table. Stevie's done her solo thing and I think she's genuinely ready for Fleetwood Mac...and I think she could be prepping for the band to go out in a big way.

I think there is a genuine chance of them recording together in May-June-July with a tour starting late 2018. They could return to recording in 2019 at some point.

On balance- is this likely? possibly not...but I certainly don't think its unrealistic.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You know what...? I don't think an album and then a tour is unrealistic at this point. I really never thought it would happen but I think there is a chance. It sounds like Lindsey's album has been postponed or shelved. Stevie says 'I'm going to Hawaii for a couple of months and then...well I have no plans'.

If Lindsey's album is rolled into a Fleetwood Mac album I'd be annoyed for him. Of course I'd personally prefer a Fleetwood Mac album but I'm annoyed he's pushed for a FM record for nearly 10 years and then just because her majesty might be ready he'd be expected to put the band first.

Mind you, Lindsey's position has changed over the past 20 years. 20-30 years ago he was all for the small machine. Now things are different due to his family. Its not that he wants to make money (he doesn't need it), I think its more the case he likes his family to see him as the big rock star. He's proud of his wife and kids seeing him being in the limelight.

Anyway, I do think a chance for one last album might be back on the table. Stevie's done her solo thing and I think she's genuinely ready for Fleetwood Mac...and I think she could be prepping for the band to go out in a big way.

I think there is a genuine chance of them recording together in May-June-July with a tour starting late 2018. They could return to recording in 2019 at some point.

On balance- is this likely? possibly not...but I certainly don't think its unrealistic.
You know what? If the choice is between a Lindsey solo record and a Fleetwood Mac record, then I want Fleetwood Mac. And I don't think it would take a whole year to record a new Fleetwood Mac album. I mean, didn't Stevie record 16 songs in six weeks in Nashville? If so, surely the Mac can record a dozen new songs in three months from May to the end of July, right?

Lindsey clearly already has at least ten songs in the can. Pretty sure Chris would have leftover material from the latest Fleetwood Mac album, oh sorry, I mean the Buckingham McVie album, of course. That said, I wish Mick and John had the balls to join Chris and Linds on their tour. They played on all ten tracks, for ****'s sake.

What will be the last full length Fleetwood Mac album? It will technically be Say You Will, but in reality it will be Buckingham McVie.