User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default London O2 22nd June

Wow.
On my way home from tonight's show. Just incredible!
it was the first FM show I hadnt been really excited about. That's not to say I wasn't looking forward to it. I just wasn't really, really excited like other tours. I don't know what I was thinking... it was just awesome. Nearly every song was a highlight. Perhaps the only lowlight if I was to be picky was Gypsy. Not sure what could be in its place though (Seven Wonders?). David Walliams and Rob Brydon (British TV personalities) were sat a few rows in front of me. They seemed to have great time and boogied throughout. We had the full encore tonight. Stevie was very pleased with her cuddly penguin given to her by a fan at the end. They all seemed to enjoy their work so much tonight. Not sure how they can get their numbers so wrong; Stevie mixed up the number of shows on the tour and Christine thinks Over My Head was written in 1976. FM concerts really are becoming quite bizarre with regards to the age spread. There were so many teenagers and one group I saw must have been about 12! Anyway, it was an incredible show and I'm now excited about the next time I get to see them (whenever that is) Nice to see you MoonSister75. Hope you enjoyed it as much as me. Hope you get back to Wales safely.btw the background graphics and lighting is just bbreathtaking. Good night.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Place to be for comedians, apparently. I saw a tweet mentioning seeing Rhod Gilbert there too.

David was pretty chuffed about the whole thing.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Wow.
it was the first FM show I hadnt been really excited about. That's not to say I wasn't looking forward to it. I just wasn't really, really excited like other tours. I don't know what I was thinking... it was just awesome. Nearly every song was a highlight. Perhaps the only lowlight if I was to be picky was Gypsy. Not sure what could be in its place though (Seven Wonders?). David Walliams and Rob Brydon (British TV personalities) were sat a few rows in front of me. They seemed to have great time and boogied throughout. We had the full encore tonight. Stevie was very pleased with her cuddly penguin given to her by a fan at the end. They all seemed to enjoy their work so much tonight. Not sure how they can get their numbers so wrong; Stevie mixed up the number of shows on the tour and Christine thinks Over My Head was written in 1976. FM concerts really are becoming quite bizarre with regards to the age spread. There were so many teenagers and one group I saw must have been about 12! Anyway, it was an incredible show and I'm now excited about the next time I get to see them (whenever that is) Nice to see you MoonSister75. Hope you enjoyed it as much as me. Hope you get back to Wales safely.btw the background graphics and lighting is just bbreathtaking. Good night.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! I had a wonderful time - worked my way down to the second row with another lady who was really short so needed to move forward to get a good view It was a really wonderful show. I agree that they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. I loved that Stevie accepted the penguin and an envelope, maybe with a CD in it? Kristen was is the audience and so Lindsey dedicated Big Love to her. Christine's Songbird was just perfect - her voice sounded incredible and I was so close to her by that point. Mick mentioned the Isle of Wight festival and quite a few in the audience shouted out. I think the band are still quite high after the IOW experience. It was great to meet you fuzzyplum - I finally get to meet a ledgie. I met some very friendly people tonight. Ok it's late, I should be sleeping, but still wired after the show. If I think of any more I'll post when I get back to Wales.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Place to be for comedians, apparently. I saw a tweet mentioning seeing Rhod Gilbert there too.
add Mann/Apatow family to the London audience. there was IG pic of Lindsey from Leslie Mann and also from Maude Apatow.

https://instagram.com/p/4P82HCvm7Q/

Lindsey Buckingham and me ❤️ Fleetwood Mac!!!!!!!!!

A photo posted by Leslie Mann (@lesliemann) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-23-2015 at 01:34 PM..
Old 06-23-2015, 03:51 AM
Junior Ledgie

It made me laugh to see Lindsey behaving himself . . . . There seemed to
be a lack of young girls put in front of him
Old 06-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Junior Ledgie

I'll echo the thoughts here - truly phenomenal show "I Know I'm Not Wrong" is my personal highlight of the tour - love the new arrangement. Everything about the show was perfect and Mick must be the best drummer alive. This is the first time I've gone to a concert looking forward to the drum solo Had a great seat and could see the percussionist behind the stage, I know Mick/the band gets some flack for that in some circles but it's 99.9% Mick.

Last night was my final night seeing them on this tour, hope they come back, preferably with new material. The two shows I've seen this tour are the best shows I've ever seen. So glad I finally got to see them
Old 06-23-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Wow.
Awesome review. I was in a very bad place when I saw my 3 shows. (My kitty got cancer at the age of 8. I put him down 14 months later in November when FM was in town) The shows were a nice distraction. I too felt the Gypsy time was the low point. Also, didn't really like Over My Head that much. It was just blah... The rest was amazing. Gold Dust Woman and Little Lies were huge surprises for me.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is the first time I've gone to a concert looking forward to the drum solo
Hooray! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Mick's drum solo.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=LesPaulPlayer91;1168615]Everything about the show was perfect and Mick must be the best drummer alive. [QUOTE]

You know, I was going to mention this at some point...
Its easy to forget these are truly great musicians- amongst the very best in the business. Of course we know Lindsey is a great guitarist (and boy is he trying his best to show people that), but so too Mick is a brilliant drummer and Johnny Mac is a great bass player.

Some of his indecipherable shouts are still a tad embarrassing but when he launches into the solo at the end of a long show, even as a layman you appreciate just how good he is.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember once saying on a thread that Everywhere wasn't the best song to play live. I think that statement was based on the Tango In The Night tour video. For some reason I didn't think it sounded right with Isaac Asante's percussion behind it.

I take it all back now though. It really is something else to experience live- so much audience singing too.

I'd say Everywhere, Little Lies, Gold Dust Woman, Sisters Of The Moon, Go Your Own Way, I Know I'm Not Wrong, I'm So Afraid, even World Turning were all the standouts (and the rest really werent shabby).

I'd be tempted to add Never Going Back Again to Gypsy as songs that dont quite work. NGBA gets a bit embarrassing at times. The harmonising with Stevie towards the end just about saves it though.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Hooray! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Mick's drum solo.
Quote:
You know, I was going to mention this at some point...
Its easy to forget these are truly great musicians- amongst the very best in the business. Of course we know Lindsey is a great guitarist (and boy is he trying his best to show people that), but so too Mick is a brilliant drummer and Johnny Mac is a great bass player.

Some of his indecipherable shouts are still a tad embarrassing but when he launches into the solo at the end of a long show, even as a layman you appreciate just how good he is.

Yeah, John and Mick have to be the best rhythm section of all time - was listening to a performance of The Green Manalishi from the Boston Tea Party the other night and was reminded of how incredible they were/are. The mixing for this tour is incredible, you can really hear the low end which is how I like it.

His solo is certainly a highlight of mine, and it helps that World Turning
is one of my favourite songs, really love the bit when the samples of Lindsey's vocals start prior to the band coming back in, it's almost like a dance style remix!

And yes Lindsey is a truly phenomenal guitar player, a perfect all rounder - great singer, great songwriter and great lead guitarist. It's a shame some people still get caught up in the Lindsey vs Peter debate.

Last edited by LesPaulPlayer91; 06-23-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Old 06-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower69 View Post
It made me laugh to see Lindsey behaving himself . . . . There seemed to
be a lack of young girls put in front of him
There were quite a number of teenage girls on Christine's side of the stage. It could be that they all had front row seats, but there were more than you would expect in the front row of a FM concert. Maybe they had been put on Christine's side, as Kristen was sitting in front of Lindsey.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like Kristen landed herself a good seat this time and wasn't in the comp section.

Michele
Old 06-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just want to say how grateful I am that I was sitting next to two friendly women, who helped me to get closer to the front - as it's not easy to see over so many heads when you are right on the end of the row. One of the women was really short and she couldn't see anything, so she persisted with the security to let her move forward - she moved a couple of rows and then eventually they let her move to the end of the second row where she had a great view. I took her place when she moved and for the last 4 songs I was standing with her in the 2nd row. It was wonderful to have an experience of being so near the front and able to see the band so clearly. It helped me to appreciate Songbird that much more. I think I was at the end of row 4 when they sang Say You Love Me and the harmonies at the end were just exquisite - definitely a big highlight for me. My favourite part of the show this time was the Tusk section. What a night! I'm so glad I was there.

I could hear people shouting "I love you Christine" and "I love you Mick" towards the end which was really heart-warming, and as I was leaving the arena, all I could hear was praise for how amazing they are as a band. I know the hard-core fans have heard the hit songs a million times before, but most of the audience are blown away by how incredible they are live.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sounds like Kristen landed herself a good seat this time and wasn't in the comp section.

Michele
Yes he pointed directly in front of him, to what looked like the 2nd/3rd row. No wonder there wasn't the usual gaggle of teenage girls