User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wow, for me the Mirage tour video of Gypsy is one of my favorite performances of all time. I've watched it so many times I think it's so stunning.
Oh god no. She "sings" (and I'm using that term loosely) the verses in the most monotonous, droning style ever. Please, listen to it again. Yes, she's gorgeous, but so, so monotonous.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ken Caillat's sweet little lies

Ken Caillat, Rumours producer extraordinaire, chimed in on the topic of LB firing while in the middle of talking about some drone today:

Ken Caillat
The way I heard lindsey demanded nobody go on tour and make money but rather wait two years for him to finish a solo album. Stevie said your solo album is not going to sell and I’m not getting any younger if you don’t want to go don’t. Considering they’re all in their 70s now and John may still be fighting cancer, It feels like it might have been a mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone. Stevie was happy to put Mike Campbell to work coming from Tom Petty’s camp. Neil Finn should be very exciting Singing Lindseys vocals.
Maybe it’s a win-win for everyone is Fan’s getting new music and a different tour. Maybe Neil and Mike will be the new spark for the old Fleetwood Mac?

several fans informed him there's a video of LB which directly contradicts the lies somebody must have told Ken. he backed off when directly asked.

so, considering some keep demanding to hear directly from Lindsey what his plans were, our own @frozenlove graciously decided to share a video of Lindsey talking to fans on January 27, 2018, about a week before he was [first?] fired from FM, which makes it very clear what his intentions were, corroborates what Rick Turner said, and completely discredits lies apparently now spread by Ken, and probably others.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 PM

Elle,

There's a lot of reason to smooze up to $tevie and the band. Perhaps, he thinks there might be less barrier to entry.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Elle,

There's a lot of reason to smooze up to $tevie and the band. Perhaps, he thinks there might be less barrier to entry.
I can think of so many reasons why he (Ken) wants to suck up to the band. Love that this surfaced. It may not seem like it, but I am a fan of the band. And this whole situation just wreaks of sliminess!!!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GIVENS
- The Chain
- You Make Loving Fun
- Dreams
- Rhiannon
- Everywhere
- Say You Love Me
- Landslide
- Little Lies
- Gold Dust Woman
- Go Your Own Way
- Don't Stop
- Silver Springs
- Songbird
- Oh Well

POSSIBILITIES
- Angel (the only Stevie Tusk song not revisited yet)
- Solo Stevie Track(s) [Stand Back / Stop Draggin' My Heart Around or For What It's Worth with Mike]
- Over My Head
- Hold Me (since it did so well on the BuckVie tour)
- Wish You Were Here (see above)
- Sisters of the Moon (since she apparently cant let this one go now)
- Oh Daddy
- Brown Eyes
- Don't Dream It's Over (or another Crowded House track)
- More Blues Era Mac (Loved Another Woman / Rattlesnake Shake / Black Magic Woman / Albatross)

The only way I would even remotely consider seeing this band (or looking at live footage) is if the setlist becomes incredibly inspired. Like Paper Dolls / Love Shines / As Long As You Follow / Black Magic Woman / Straight Back / Sugar Daddy kind of inspired and not "Here's a song we did many moons ago and dropped."
Old 04-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
several fans informed him there's a video of LB which directly contradicts the lies somebody must have told Ken. he backed off when directly asked.
for completeness sake, here's a part of that conversation:

Elle Llew
There’s a video of Lindsey speaking day after Musicares about his and Mac plans which directly contradicts what you’ve been told Ken. Someone is lying to you.

Ken Caillat
Well that’s possible, But the person that told me was very close to the source and has never gotten it wrong. But either way it doesn’t bother me in the least people have to be allowed to do what they have to do and I wish them the best in whatever they decide

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
GIVENS
- The Chain
- You Make Loving Fun
- Dreams
- Rhiannon
- Everywhere
- Say You Love Me
- Landslide
- Little Lies
- Gold Dust Woman
- Go Your Own Way
- Don't Stop
- Silver Springs
- Songbird
- Oh Well

POSSIBILITIES
- Angel (the only Stevie Tusk song not revisited yet)
- Solo Stevie Track(s) [Stand Back / Stop Draggin' My Heart Around or For What It's Worth with Mike]
- Over My Head
- Hold Me (since it did so well on the BuckVie tour)
- Wish You Were Here (see above)
- Sisters of the Moon (since she apparently cant let this one go now)
- Oh Daddy
- Brown Eyes
- Don't Dream It's Over (or another Crowded House track)
- More Blues Era Mac (Loved Another Woman / Rattlesnake Shake / Black Magic Woman / Albatross)

The only way I would even remotely consider seeing this band (or looking at live footage) is if the setlist becomes incredibly inspired. Like Paper Dolls / Love Shines / As Long As You Follow / Black Magic Woman / Straight Back / Sugar Daddy kind of inspired and not "Here's a song we did many moons ago and dropped."
Nick$ better not do Angel and Christine better not do Hold Me and Wish You Were Here.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for completeness sake, here's a part of that conversation:

Elle Llew
There’s a video of Lindsey speaking day after Musicares about his and Mac plans which directly contradicts what you’ve been told Ken. Someone is lying to you.

Ken Caillat
Well that’s possible, But the person that told me was very close to the source and has never gotten it wrong. But either way it doesn’t bother me in the least people have to be allowed to do what they have to do and I wish them the best in whatever they decide
Haha! Nice way to shut the conversation off!

So the source's source is telling the truth but Lindsey isn't?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone transcribe exactly what Lindsey says when he starts to get in the car? Not what the fans are saying. Between them and the construction noise it is not clear. It did sound like he was delaying his solo album and was instead going to do a Best Of?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if it’s the same source that told him that Christine was flying to Hawaii with Mick, and then a day or two later that she was going to be playing with Mick’s band? Let’s not forget a year earlier that he told the world that his book brought back Christine’s passion for the music, which turned out to be the true.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh god no. She "sings" (and I'm using that term loosely) the verses in the most monotonous, droning style ever. Please, listen to it again. Yes, she's gorgeous, but so, so monotonous.
To me you can actually really hear the pain in her voice because of Robin, but I guess it's all up to the listener.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Can someone transcribe exactly what Lindsey says when he starts to get in the car? Not what the fans are saying. Between them and the construction noise it is not clear. It did sound like he was delaying his solo album and was instead going to do a Best Of?
He says he was goint to put out a solo album in April, but he's instead going to do a best of and do a bunch of dates in with the FM tour. So he was planning to do his solo tour and FM tour at the same time and his solo dates in between FM dates. Then he says he's planning to put the solo album out like a year from now, meaning next January.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Nick$ better not do Angel and Christine better not do Hold Me and Wish You Were Here.
IMO Hold Me worked on B/MCV because of Lindsey. I really don't think they would do anything that would "highlight" Lindsey's absence (except GYOW...which will probably be an epic fail) Don't Stop will probably fall flat too. Angel will be one of those that will miss "Lindsey". I may be in the minority but I thought it (Don't Stop) sounded terrible when they played it when Christine wasn't in the band.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He says he was goint to put out a solo album in April, but he's instead going to do a best of and do a bunch of dates in with the FM tour. So he was planning to do his solo tour and FM tour at the same time and his solo dates in between FM dates. Then he says he's planning to put the solo album out like a year from now, meaning next January.
Thanks. I could not hear him mention the time frame. I could hear fans asking about the time frame, but could not clearly hear him say it.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Does Mike Campbell actually sing, or does he stick to guitar playing only?
Mike singing “Runnin’ Down A Dream”

THE Stephen Hopkins