Yes 34 31.48%
No 58 53.70%
Don’t know 16 14.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Didn’t the tour end in December? If the decision was made in February, March, or April, how do we know what happened in the interim? My speculation is just as valid as fans who are throwing tantrums about Stevie and Mick, and saying Chris sold out and John must be a spineless wimp or that they all only care about money.
january. but that was just when it was executed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The tour ended in November. He was fired in February. In two months Christine changed her mind about Lindsey? What did he do? Killed her cat?

Stevie and Mick wanted to fire Lindsey is no speculation.

i love you! but you know that already.

people here are so stuck in their stevie ve lindsey rut, and happily keep wallowing in it. kinda sad. but i guess if that makes the world turn for these fans...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So you’re basically rewarding Stevie and punishing Lindsey when those fights are not always his fault?
No, no, NO. Every Stevie fan knows that EVERYTHING is Lindsey's fault. ALWAYS.

Did I ever tell you that you're my FAVORITE Ledgie?
Old 04-16-2018, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did I ever tell you that you're my FAVORITE Ledgie?
Ok, too much love for me. What’s going on here?

Love you too, guys.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

people here are so stuck in their stevie ve lindsey rut, and happily keep wallowing in it. kinda sad. but i guess if that makes the world turn for these fans...
LOL. That is rich coming from a board that is fueled by Stevie vs. Lindsey, or Stevie & Mick vs. Lindsey negativity, with Stevie and Mick getting the villain roles. I guess the difference is when the target is Lindsey rather than Stevie or Mick.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around. LB is not blameless.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL. That is rich coming from a board that is fueled by Stevie vs. Lindsey, or Stevie & Mick vs. Lindsey negativity, with Stevie and Mick getting the villain roles. I guess the difference is when the target is Lindsey rather than Stevie or Mick.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around. LB is not blameless.
No, he is not. And you have said it countless times. Yet, you still haven't said Stevie and Mick aren't also blameless.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, he is not. And you have said it countless times. Yet, you still haven't said Stevie and Mick aren't also blameless.
I think I have said that somewhere. In case I have not in this thread I will say it again. Stevie, Mick, Christine, John, and Lindsey are ALL to blame for this mess and only they know what really went down.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I have said that somewhere. In case I have not in this thread I will say it again. Stevie, Mick, Christine, John, and Lindsey are ALL to blame for this mess and only they know what really went down.

Except that isn't strictly true. There are others in the inner circle who intimately know what went down too. And then everyone one of them chats to other people about it and word spreads. The rumours that are out there all heavily point in one direction.
Of course they all have some sort of culpability, but some are significantly more culpable than others.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

30 people are rewarding awful behavior. It makes sense these days, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
30 people are rewarding awful behavior. It makes sense these days, if you know what I mean.
It's up to 31. And I don't consider myself rewarding awful behavior. I'm rewarding decades of enjoyment brought to me and the fact that at their advanced ages my favorite band is still planning to haul themselves around the country/world playing music (and grabbing cash, but whatever).

And all the "this is what happened" business at this point is just rumors passed around from people who supposedly know someone who knows something. Until I see something reported by actual entertainment media or spoken by one of the five themselves, I don't know how we even know what "awful behavior" went down.

Besides, "rewarding awful behavior" reminds me of dealing with children. This band may behave like spoiled, angst and drama-ridden tweens...but they're a bunch of grown a** adults (senior citizens, actually) who can do whatever they want with their lives and careers.

I'm probably the wrong person to comment on this as I really don't give a rat's behind why Lindsey is out...and I'm even a little bit relieved that I won't have to suffer through any more phony Stevie-Lindsey huggy/hand-holdy nonsense this go-round; but, much like my favorite band, I'm drawn to the drama.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Hawkeye
This message has been deleted by Hawkeye.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'd call myself a definite maybe, depending on how outrageous the prices are. Neil Finn is one of my Top Ten favorite male artists of the 1980s, so if they are going to try to replace Lindsey's brilliance, Finn is IMO the most exciting/intriguing choice they could've made. I realize I'm in the minority among Mac fans in that regard, but I'm very curious to see what Finn does with this group.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we know when dates will be announced? I seem to recall seeing someone say 4/23 but am unsure if it was something official or just an educated guess.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It cracks me up how personal some are taking this news. I'm not going to the tour, simply because at this late stage of the band, if all 5 fireflies aren't there, it isn't FM to me.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
It cracks me up how personal some are taking this news. I'm not going to the tour, simply because at this late stage of the band, if all 5 fireflies aren't there, it isn't FM to me.
well, unlike you who i assume lives in the US and can see any of them solo or in different combos whenever you want, there are people living at the other side of the world whose only chance to ever see LB is when he tours with FM. that chance has now been taken away from them. it may crack you up, but may not be as fun for them.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE][well, unlike you who i assume lives in the US and can see any of them solo or in different combos whenever you want, there are people living at the other side of the world whose only chance to ever see LB is when he tours with FM. that chance has now been taken away from them. it may crack you up, but may not be as fun for them. QUOTE]
That is understandable. I was speaking of blaming Stevie, Mick, boycotts, Christine being called a traitor, etc