User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2024, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I don't understand how/why it had to be on two DVDs. It may seem like a minor thing but it just made the whole thing so cheap to me.
Do you know what's cheap? Fleetwood Mac without Queen Christine. That's cheap af.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The Buckingham McVie tour would have also made a pretty good . . . whatever . . . show on cable or Blu-ray.

The Nicks show that was released in theaters — was that ever Blu-rayed? Can you buy it?

Was the Peter Green tribute ever Blu-rayed?

Was Live in Boston ever DVDd?

These guys don’t do a lot of home media, even though those two Blu-rays of Lindsey solo concerts are two of the best things we have. Those are really excellent on all levels — no flash, just substance. Stevie’s theater film looked like just the opposite — all flash, no substance. Her craft is marketing.
Oh man, I would LOVE a DVD of the BuckVie tour. If they'd come to Australia I definitely would have gone to see them.

The 24 Karat Gold Nicks show - you can buy it, I have it on DVD. Came as a 2 CD 1 DVD set. Don't think you can get it on Blu Ray though.

Yes, Live in Boston - the 2003 show they filmed, have that too - came as a 2 DVD set with a live CD of 10 songs from the show. Was dumb how they split the show over 2 discs so you have to change the DVD out halfway through the concert. Also the CD is mainly old songs. They really should have had more than one Say You Will song (Come) on there.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you know what's cheap? Fleetwood Mac without Queen Christine. That's cheap af.
Well the band must agree with you because all signs are that line-up will never happen again. If I can say that - because there really is no band left anymore to agree or disagree with you.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Can we PLEASE get just an unedited FULL Mirage show. For the love of God, this footage exists and its not being released. The band does not probably own the US Festival stuff but they professionally recorded a few dates in 1982. Yet we only get a little more than half the show. Much of it is spliced together and edited horribly. Gyspy was not the second song. Go Your Own Way was not the encore. The Chain was not the opener. Hold Me or Sara never included.

By the mid 80s rolled around Stevie and the Mac lip synced their "live" performances for commercial release. Mirage was the last tour with no background musicians, no lip syncs, no background tracks, no floating cameras for close ups, no solo tracks, etc.

Can we get please get a FULL Mirage show!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-24-2024 at 05:38 AM..
Old 02-24-2024, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as I love the Mirage remaster, the live CD contained on Disc 3 is the exact same audio of the exact same show released on video. Didn't even sound like it had been remastered, much less have the unreleased edited tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Can we PLEASE get just an unedited FULL Mirage show. For the love of God, this footage exists and its not being released. The band does not probably own the US Festival stuff but they professionally recorded a few dates in 1982. Yet we only get a little more than half the show. Much of it is spliced together and edited horribly. Gyspy was not the second song. Go Your Own Way was not the encore. The Chain was not the opener. Hold Me or Sara never included.

By the mid 80s rolled around Stevie and the Mac lip synced their "live" performances for commercial release. Mirage was the last tour with no background musicians, no lip syncs, no background tracks, no floating cameras for close ups, no solo tracks, etc.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So they could charge more. Equally frustrating is a CD with only 10 tracks. The band had lost their way by the early 2000s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I don't understand how/why it had to be on two DVDs. It may seem like a minor thing but it just made the whole thing so cheap to me.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm with you but I'm afraid that ship has likely sailed. The chance was the Deluxe version with the live performances added. After the brilliant tracks they included on the Tusk Deluxe, what they did for Mirage was a crime. Those tracks were lifted directly from the old VHS/Laser Disc/ HBO / whatever the hell it was. They definitely weren't cleaned up in any meaningful way and there's a little hiccup/cut in Sisters of the Moon right before "so we make our choices" starts. A travesty!

I'm afraid the best we'll ever get was that Brown Eyes and Hold Me were ultimately given live releases on The Live 1980 Deluxe edition. We also got The Chain from one of the shows at The Forum in 1982 but it's mislabeled as Richfield Ohio 1980.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'm with you but I'm afraid that ship has likely sailed. The chance was the Deluxe version with the live performances added. After the brilliant tracks they included on the Tusk Deluxe, what they did for Mirage was a crime. Those tracks were lifted directly from the old VHS/Laser Disc/ HBO / whatever the hell it was. They definitely weren't cleaned up in any meaningful way and there's a little hiccup/cut in Sisters of the Moon right before "so we make our choices" starts. A travesty!
Does anybody know how did previous expanded and deluxe editions do in terms of sales? Cause if they weren't so good, even if the band wanted to release and remaster all that material, maybe they couldn't convince the record company that it would be worth it.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm afraid the best we'll ever get was that Brown Eyes and Hold Me were ultimately given live releases on The Live 1980 Deluxe edition. We also got The Chain from one of the shows at The Forum in 1982 but it's mislabeled as Richfield Ohio 1980.
I know, I know I am a silly dreamer. Someone is just really lazy or much of this material is destroyed or not owned by the band or something.
Its crazy that earlier tours have much more recordings both visual and audio. But the Mirage era is a blip even though it was a #1 album in the video age. They were really rushing through things to get to their solo careers and a much needed break from each other. I wish we knew why this footage is not around or given to the fans.
For example Stevie professionally recorded her solo tours in 1983, 1989, and 1991. But the drugs were so bad they were buried and then leaked many years later on bootlegs and youtube. Her 1986 show was lip synced to a live track. We have explanations. I demand a full FBI investigation of what happened to the Mirage footage. A live visual performance of Hold Me (one of the biggest hits of the 1980s) is as mysteriously hard to find as a sasquatch in the woods. Often heard but never seen.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-24-2024 at 03:42 PM..
Old 02-24-2024, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Does anybody know how did previous expanded and deluxe editions do in terms of sales? Cause if they weren't so good, even if the band wanted to release and remaster all that material, maybe they couldn't convince the record company that it would be worth it.
Well, here is what doesn't make sense. They did a great job on the live stuff added to the Deluxe editions of the white album, Rumours, and Tusk. Then for Mirage they half-assed it. And then for the Live album, they did a great job again. The apparent lack of care for the Mirage era is blasphemous!

We absolutely should have gotten one of the full shows from the Forum on the Mirage Deluxe release!
Old 02-24-2024, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I know I am a silly dreamer. Someone is just really lazy or much of this material is destroyed or not owned by the band or something.
Its crazy that earlier tours have much more recordings both visual and audio. But the Mirage era is a blip even though it was a #1 album in the video age. They were really rushing through things to get to their solo careers and a much needed break from each other. I wish we knew why this footage is not around or given to the fans.
For example Stevie professionally recorded her solo tours in 1983, 1989, and 1991. But the drugs were so bad they were buried and then leaked many years later on bootlegs and youtube. Her 1986 show was lip synced to a live track. We have explanations. I demand a full FBI investigation of what happened to the Mirage footage. A live visual performance of Hold Me (one of the biggest hits of the 1980s) is as mysteriously hard to find as a sasquatch in the woods. Often heard but never seen.
The bands own treatment of Hold Me has been abysmal since the Mirage Tour ended. That it was never played again in the context of the band until that dopey 2018-19 version is beyond me. How Christine just ignored it and Little Lies for The Dance is simply unimaginable. Plus it should have been played on one or both of the Shake the Cage and Behind the Mask tours. It was one of their biggest hits!
Old 02-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The bands own treatment of Hold Me has been abysmal since the Mirage Tour ended. That it was never played again in the context of the band until that dopey 2018-19 version is beyond me. How Christine just ignored it and Little Lies for The Dance is simply unimaginable. Plus it should have been played on one or both of the Shake the Cage and Behind the Mask tours. It was one of their biggest hits!
She did play it on her solo tour and it sounded fantastic. Thankfully Buck/Vie did it which was the first time both Chris and Lindsey sang it together live since 1982. Thats a crime right there. The Buck/Vie performance had some pre-recorded tracks. But her solo performance was all live and with several singers, they were able to cover the complicated chorus perfectly. None of that Hold me yeah stuff.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She did play it on her solo tour and it sounded fantastic. Thankfully Buck/Vie did it which was the first time both Chris and Lindsey sang it together live since 1982. Thats a crime right there. The Buck/Vie performance had some pre-recorded tracks. But her solo performance was all live and with several singers, they were able to cover the complicated chorus perfectly. None of that Hold me yeah stuff.
Yes her 1984 solo version really worked as did the BuckMcVie live version. It should have been done on the Dance tour and On With The Show tour. one of my favorite Mac songs.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes her 1984 solo version really worked as did the BuckMcVie live version. It should have been done on the Dance tour and On With The Show tour. one of my favorite Mac songs.
Her 1984 version was at the grand piano. OMG she did that clever intro TWICE before starting the song. Sounded just like the record. That was an end of an era for the song because it would be decades before we heard it with the Buck/Vie tour. Lindsey's vocals with it was heaven but I am not sure the piano part was not pre-recorded and it definitely was not at a grand piano. I sense Chris never wanted to do the song without Lindsey which is why when he left it was not performed. But for the Dance? They had background vocalists then. It could have worked.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The piano was prerecorded. I watched her and Brett's hands, from front row. Neither was playing it.