User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I can't hear Christine on "Say You Will" either and I don't think Stevie was trying to cop Christine's style I think she was just trying to write something catchy.
I think she was very much trying to pattern herself after the type of first singles the Mac traditionally released. Whether she was trying to write like Christine specifically, I think she was definitely trying to write something that people who enjoyed Little Lies would like and something that neither she nor Lindsey would strive for, left to their own devices. Stevie has rarely written such linear lyrics before. Michele
Old 07-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to hear a three verse song where each of them get a verse and they all sing the chorus together in a well recorded, distinct 3 part harmony.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I would love to hear a three verse song where each of them get a verse and they all sing the chorus together in a well recorded, distinct 3 part harmony.
That would be great, kind of like the Beatles did on "Free As A Bird".
Old 07-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

But why would Christine allow her team to post this quote?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
But why would Christine allow her team to post this quote?
Exactly. If in fact this comment was from an old interview, why couldn't they revisit this idea for the next album? I still think they want to get a new album out in 2016.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Exactly. If in fact this comment was from an old interview, why couldn't they revisit this idea for the next album? I still think they want to get a new album out in 2016.
if by "they" you mean majority of FM, sure. Christine and Lindsey and Mick for sure. but that was never in question. (well, in fact it was, they wanted it out in 2014. then in 2015. now it's pushed to 2016.)

maybe revisiting this old quote is a way of clamoring from Christine's team to get the rogue / unwilling member on board (hey, you don't have to even write any songs, we'll do that for ya, just sing the lead on some of them!).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-26-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think she was very much trying to pattern herself after the type of first singles the Mac traditionally released. Whether she was trying to write like Christine specifically, I think she was definitely trying to write something that people who enjoyed Little Lies would like and something that neither she nor Lindsey would strive for, left to their own devices. Stevie has rarely written such linear lyrics before. Michele
Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Absolutely. I've always thought that even by titling the song "Say You Will" was a direct reference to "Say You Love Me". It was Stevie's attempt to fill the void that was within the band with Christine gone. A lack of Christine meant that the album was devoid of her up-tempo and optimistic views on love. I think the song "Say You Will" was a way to have Christine on the album without her being there at all (both lyrically and musically).

Old 07-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Absolutely. I've always thought that even by titling the song "Say You Will" was a direct reference to "Say You Love Me". It was Stevie's attempt to fill the void that was within the band with Christine gone... I think the song "Say You Will" was a way to have Christine on the album without her being there at all (both lyrically and musically).
I agree with this. But I still can't imagine Christine singing this song. It may be as commercial as a Christine song, and its presence on an album that takes its name from it may have been an attempt to fill the void Christine left, but it is, alas, not a song Christine would likely write or sing. She probably loved the song, though.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I'm alone in this but I could totally hear CM sing Say You Will. kind of using the vocal stylings she sang on Temporary One