User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
And I agree with you completely. It is what it is. The pics are amazing! There is no way he didn't read Ken's book. He worked side by side with him. There's no way he didn't read the Harris book or Mick's either. (okay, someone read it TO him. hahaha!) It's still great to get to hear from him.
Richard actually wrote some parts of Mick's book. the parts that i personally loved reading - like the one about their first tour supporting the white album, when they were driving their own equipment in ratty old cars, windows down, listening to the music, loud. Mick says in his book that he was using Richard's descriptions since he could never write that vividly himself.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Oh I've submitted a bunch of OOTC questions. And I think others have asked quite a bunch too.

The holey shirt question was mine!! I didn't know he'd answered it, I gotta go see what he said LOL
great question and he gave you a nice answer too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I should bombard him with the same question like 8 times a day? there is (so far) only one topic I'm interested in (and I'm dying for specifics/pictures!). I guess I could try that. I just didn't want to be that annoying girl, and get blocked or something.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
So I should bombard him with the same question like 8 times a day? there is (so far) only one topic I'm interested in (and I'm dying for specifics/pictures!). I guess I could try that. I just didn't want to be that annoying girl, and get blocked or something.
i don't know, maybe? i tried that approach and gave up and complained in one of the facebook groups how he wouldn't answer no matter which way i asked it. i don't know if a few people from that group then asked or what happened, but i found a very similar question answered the next day, so was finally happy.

sometimes though he answered my questions almost immediately. so it seems a bit random too, maybe if you catch him when he's online?

Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know, maybe? i tried that approach and gave up and complained in one of the facebook groups how he wouldn't answer. i don't know if a few people from that group then asked or what happened, but i found a very similar question answered the next day, so was finally happy.

sometimes though he answered my questions almost immediately. so it seems a bit random too, maybe if you catch him when he's online?
that seems to be a definite path to getting an answer. Maybe there are just so many questions in the pile it's hard to dig back through them all so they just grab the ones right off the top and figure they'll try and get to the others later…? anyway, he's answering still answering every day so that's good. I'm waiting for more photos though. Those give an interesting window into the behind the scenes life of the band.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I'm the same regarding certain questions/topics, and basically ask about it/them once a day and only once as I don't want to be too irritating. I try and wait til he's online and then post as many questions as I can at once, lol, some as myself and some as anonymous. I have been assuming they just take what's at the top of the pile when he gets online to answer.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks guys, I will be relentless. I WILL get some answers (and hopefully pictures) if it's the last thing I ever do.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i don't care too much about deeply technical stuff since that's not my field and i wouldn't understand it anyway, but i do care about the process of shaping ideas into music, who came up with what and why. when somebody told the story about Lindsey writing down a sentence on the piece of paper, and then tearing that paper into individual words and giving everybody in the studio a word to build a part of a verse around it, i thought that was a great story (don't remember who told that story and whether it's even true?).
I thought Lindsey said that was actually Richard's idea.

Michele
Old 08-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that Richard has established this blog. It's almost like a living, interactive biography. He's so humble and honest, and he's sharing intimate private photos that have never been seen in public.

I'm socially media challenged. I joined Tumbler and have a password, but I have no idea how to become interactive in order to ask Richard an insightful question, once I have one.

He's been very diplomatic and patient with all the questions thrown at him. Most of the questions and comments are intelligent, high-minded and insightful, others are so inane, show a lack of class, and pander to tabloid journalism. What a waste of an opportunity!

So many obsessive questions about cocaine and their drug habits. And generally useless questions like "What is Stevie like?" One question was "Do you think Stevie and Lindsey will get back together " Another asked Richard "When will you stop taking drugs?" He smokes pot, leave him alone!; he's not there to be judged and morally castigated. He has a hell of a lot patience than I could ever muster.

Okay, now that I've blown off steam, can anybody share what I have to do to be able to post a question? Thanks ahead!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-25-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Okay, now that I've blown off steam, can anybody share what I have to do to be able to post a question? Thanks ahead! (Has anyone here asked a question?).
You don't even have to make an account. Simply go to www.dickdash.tumblr.com. On the top left corner you'll see a symbol consisting of three lines. Click on it and you'll see a menu of options. Go to 'Ask Me Some Stuff'. You can just type your question then press 'ask'.

If a person has their tumblr set up for questions to be able to be asked, all you ever need to do is go to *username*.tumblr.com/ask. In this case, www.dickdash.tumblr.com/ask will take you straight to the place to type your question in. You can stay anonymous or log in and ask with your tumblr account name, your choice.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, with regard to Richard and being careful in his answers so as not to upset the band:

Anonymous: Richard, what is your sense of how the band feels about people around them writing books about them? I mean when Mick wrote his book band members were not happy about it he (Mick) admitted that Lindsey felt that his writing about certain things was "disloyal". Given that, do you think any of the other band members will ever write their own books about their lives? Thanks for reading my question!

Depending on what you say it can be very disloyal. Mick & Lindsey have had a bit of history with a contentious relationship at times. Mick’s books probably just inflamed that. As far as Ken’s book goes, let me quote one of the band members whom I shall not name. “Ken didn’t exactly do himself any favors with the band when he released that book”. I can imagine I will receive some flak myself for creating & writing (along with Stacy) this blog from the band, although I’m trying very hard not to cross the line of taste & trust.

As far as writing their own book? Yes, I believe some of or all of them will eventually get to a book. It’s very emotionally healing & rewarding. Helps justify ones life I suppose. Hell, I already know I’m a legend in my own mind?

I give him credit for doing the blog anyway.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Contrary to my username on here, I'm not a S&L shipper. It's just a play on the combination of their names. Not that I'm completely disinterested in their past relationship, mind you. I just don't see them two getting together again these days because they've moved on from the...how do I put this... leftover wanting-to-do-it-vengeful-painful side of that relationship. These days, they seem to be more of the 'I remember how painful and frustrating it was and let's fix it so we're not still bitter about it' mind. Seasoned with a bit of platonic love spice and a hint of familiarity.

I don't mind that some people still like to ship. But I haven't and didn't ask Richard any questions that pertain to anything of the sort. And I know that nobody asked me. I just felt like getting it out there. I don't know I'm weird like that.

Anyways...
It might seem that Richard is picking and choosing the questions based on certain subjects but I really think it has to do with how often those type of questions are being asked. And if they're sent in at the times he is online/top of the pile.
One thing I found interesting was that instead of answering my question about the recording of Mirage in the Chateau, he posted a picture of Lindsey recording vocals during that time. Maybe Richard doesn't like to answer when he's not too sure of his memories?
It just seems a little odd that the band doesn't comment too much on the Mirage and Tango sessions. Were things really that bad at those times that they keep hush-hush about it? Or was it boring and there's not much to tell besides the infamous fight at Chris' house?
Perhaps it's all about sticking with the cash cow Rumours.

Yeah I'm more interested in the off-beat, silly and creative process stories. The one's we haven't heard about.
I asked him about the Curry Grant/Stevie thing because I saw it in the forums here and thought I'd help the Ledgies get an answer.

Last edited by Nickingham; 08-26-2014 at 12:43 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Contrary to my username on here, I'm not a S&L shipper. It's just a play on the combination of their names. Not that I'm completely disinterested in their past relationship, mind you. I just don't see them two getting together again these days because they've moved on from the...how do I put this... leftover wanting-to-do-it-vengeful-painful side of that relationship. These days, they seem to be more of the 'I remember how painful and frustrating it was and let's fix it so we're not still bitter about it' mind. Seasoned with a bit of platonic love spice and a hint of familiarity.

I don't mind that some people still like to ship. But I haven't and didn't ask Richard any questions that pertain to anything of the sort. And I know that nobody asked me. I just felt like getting it out there. I don't know I'm weird like that.

Anyways...
It might seem that Richard is picking and choosing the questions based on certain subjects but I really think it has to do with how often those type of questions are being asked. And if they're sent in at the times he is online/top of the pile.
One thing I found interesting was that instead of answering my question about the recording of Mirage in the Chateau, he posted a picture of Lindsey recording vocals during that time. Maybe Richard doesn't like to answer when he's not too sure of his memories?
It just seems a little odd that the band doesn't comment too much on the Mirage and Tango sessions. Were things really that bad at those times that they keep hush-hush about it? Or was it boring and there's not much to tell besides the infamous fight at Chris' house?
Perhaps it's all about sticking with the cash cow Rumours.

Yeah I'm more interested in the off-beat, silly and creative process stories. The one's we haven't heard about.
I asked him about the Curry Grant/Stevie thing because I saw it in the forums here and thought I'd help the Ledgies get an answer.

Great post! Change your name to McNickingham. lol
I have no problems with SN and LB relationship talk either. The fact is they do write a lot about each other in music and lyrics. 1. It sells! And it has sold a lot. Clearly, there are a lot of people that buy into that whole relationship business. It's a romantic story. 2. They truly have a muse for each other, and creativity is sparked from it. All the writers in this band have great chemistry. It is amazing how much Lindsey and Christine collaborate together and the music they have produced. Another relationship of chemistry.

I simply believe there is zero romance between Stevie and Lindsey, other than within the scope of the music. As I posted earlier, Richard's quote clearly says to me that he's uncomfortable bringing up, "past situations" which aren't necessarily relevant today. I think if you asked him a question about their chemistry within the confines of the band he would have no problem answering them. As he has in some cases already in the blog. But to insinuate anything else, as he stated, "affects the beautiful wife and kids" that Lindsey has in the current day.

I think there is a lot to be said of the Tango and Mirage sessions. Seems like that's when LB had some serious issues with Stevie's drug use, fame, and lack of presence during the albums. Obviously, this all led to him leaving. I find that period interesting, too.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think there is a lot to be said of the Tango and Mirage sessions. Seems like that's when LB had some serious issues with Stevie's drug use, fame, and lack of presence during the albums. Obviously, this all led to him leaving. I find that period interesting, too.
He did post that one pic of the two of them during the making of Tango and it kinda speaks to some of that-- Stevie clearly looks bloated, bit overweight, bags under the eyes, cigarette burning in her hand…. She looks like "something the cat dragged in" as my mom would say. He looks unusually preppy (for LB) in his khakis. You can sorta see in his face as he looks at her that part of him might be thinking "wow, you're a bit of a mess, aren't you?" I was a little surprised he posted the pic only because it's definitely not Stevie at her best. She had been through rehab by then (for coke) but was in the early Klonopin years. I'm sure there were worse photos around Mirage.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He did post that one pic of the two of them during the making of Tango and it kinda speaks to some of that-- Stevie clearly looks bloated, bit overweight, bags under the eyes, cigarette burning in her hand…. She looks like "something the cat dragged in" as my mom would say. He looks unusually preppy (for LB) in his khakis. You can sorta see in his face as he looks at her that part of him might be thinking "wow, you're a bit of a mess, aren't you?" I was a little surprised he posted the pic only because it's definitely not Stevie at her best. She had been through rehab by then (for coke) but was in the early Klonopin years. I'm sure there were worse photos around Mirage.
Yes, I've been keeping up with the Dashuts. I saw one of Christine singing during Mirage, as well. That Stevie photo was one of the most unflattering I've ever seen. She looked very very tired.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-26-2014 at 11:16 AM..