Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy Bob Welch/Fleetwood Mac ignores him

Are you really thru commenting on how Bob was left out of the RRHOF and how Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac delete all posts about Bob Welch on their sites and also all pics. What gives with this. Are you really going to put up with this. He gave too much of his life and love to that band
Old 10-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy, I'm so sorry about this. Bob's contributions to Fleetwood Mac on such great records as "Heroes Are Hard To Find" and "Mystery to Me" are sublime. I'm not sure what went down, but it would be great to have Bob recognized somehow.

Did Bob have a positive relationship with Christine McVie? Was she cordial to him? Does Chris have something to do with him being left off the short list for the RRHOF?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not really sure what we are supposed to do. We have all signed the petition, we have been written all over the web that we feel it was an injustice that Bob was left out. Sadly I don't have any influence with either the RRHOF or with any of the members of Fleetwood Mac.

So what is that you want us to do, Wendy? What can I, as a carpet salesman in Australia do to change this situation? Because if I'm correct, probably nothing.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am not through commenting on it or thinking about it. It upsets me a great deal. Unfortunately, as chriskisn noted, we fans don't have much influence on what the members of Fleetwood Mac do. If they did listen to what fans want, I'm sure a lot of things about the band and the history of Fleetwood Mac would be much different.

Please post here about all of the ways you feel fans can help. You may know of ways to influence that we have not thought about.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

I hardly look at the official site, not sure why that is, maybe a lot of reasons, or I expect all comments there to be flattering. I ran into the obit in Mojo for Bob the other day and it seemed quite well written. It had an old quote from Mick Fleetwood about how the group wouldn't have existed today but for him.

The hall of fame was corrupted from the start for me with various non-creative executive nobodies enshrined into it early on, even some of whom really hurt the artists they profited from. I'm surprised if Stan Polley isn't there. I'm glad when people who cared about it were inducted though. I don't know how to communicate with the powers that be for either that hall or this entity that Bob helped to make a continuing concern, not sure there are that many who do. If it's just down to Christine that would be sad as I have always enjoyed her music a lot.

I know of a band that had an album recorded in the late '60s who are still fighting over it and that there are many people who would like to finally hear it, now that's a long time to carry a feud, so there are a lot of illogical nutty stories out there! Sometimes it does get to be impossible to laugh.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We all feel for you and loved Bob's music. I have three of his solo CDs and listen to one of them (The Other One) a lot.

However, I cannot support your attempts to discredit Christine McVie or any other member of Fleetwood Mac either here or on Facebook. We have signed the petition. If there are other constructive things one can do, great. But bashing and blaming members of the band is not one of them.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
We all feel for you and loved Bob's music. I have three of his solo CDs and listen to one of them (The Other One) a lot.

However, I cannot support your attempts to discredit Christine McVie or any other member of Fleetwood Mac either here or on Facebook. We have signed the petition. If there are other constructive things one can do, great. But bashing and blaming members of the band is not one of them.
Aleuzzi - I completely agree and would echo this sentiment!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up Christine McVie/Bob Welch

I don't want to discredit Christine McVie or her talent which cannot be argued. Her voice blended beautifully with Bob's and she is a terrific singer and songwriter.

But she is the reason that Bob is not in the Hall of Fame. Mick told me that the day Bob died when I asked him when he called. He also said the same to my friend Mike Lawson who was on the board of NARAS.

Mick also lied and told me he owned the name Fleetwood Mac and that Bob Would be in the RRHOF. He would see to it. Instead both of them have deleted Bob from all places on their sites as if he never existed. Check out I tunes and Mick's Wickipedia page he wrote and his site. Everytime someone posts on any of their sites that they would like to see Bob in the RRHOF, it is deleted.

May I suggest that there is something you can do. You can post on all FM sites and member sites saying you would like to see his name back where it should be and that you would like to see him in the RRHOF. See if yours gets deleted or not. Then you will know who is diminishing and discrediting who. I just ask you to do it in a kind and gentlemanly way as Bob would have done.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:56 PM

Wendy, you know I've supported you and having Bob in the RRHOF. I also believe that if it wasn't for Bob having them move to the United States, FM would be a forgotten blues band.

It's sad because Bob and Christine did a lot of work together. She even appears on his solo work after he left FM... and did live stuff with him as well. They really seemed to get along during the 70's. I'm sure the booze and drugs back in the day made for some grand fighting. But bottom line is: He deserves to be there.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's very sad that anyof them could be so vindictive. Like I said try posting on any of their websites that you would like to see Bob Welch inducted in the RRHOF. I beg of you.

I even called Mick tonight on his private line and told him I was praying for him to see the light.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Junior Ledgie

Bob is now mentioned on Mick's Wikipedia page.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
It's very sad that anyof them could be so vindictive. Like I said try posting on any of their websites that you would like to see Bob Welch inducted in the RRHOF. I beg of you.
It's a good idea to try to post on any of their websites. There are two recent threads (and many older ones) on this site now on the subject and all posts should be in one of those two threads (or the older ones). However, no new threads should be created. There will not be multiple threads on the same topic on this board.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 10-13-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Old 10-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Closed Thread/Bob Welch

Then they should not have closed the last thread on Bob Welch after only 7 comments when people were still trying to post.

You see how powerful FM is.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy,
I wish you the very best. I know you're going through
a very difficult time. I hope you have a support group
beyond The Ledge.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Then they should not have closed the last thread on Bob Welch after only 7 comments when people were still trying to post.

You see how powerful FM is.
Wendy that thread is not closed. Go post in it all you want.

Michele