Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

He definitely drew from the Bella Donna and Wild Heart era of clothing. The clothes are beautiful.
Now why did he use that version of Chanel Chanel when there's a much better, more finished version?
Old 02-21-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
He definitely drew from the Bella Donna and Wild Heart era of clothing. The clothes are beautiful.
Now why did he use that version of Chanel Chanel when there's a much better, more finished version?
She (Reem Acra is a lady) said in the interview posted by Michelej1 that it's her favourite song and that the demo is "special", so I guess she thought that it was more distinctive using a demo instead of a song.
Often I prefer some demos over more finished songs too, because they have a more intimate feel.
Or maybe she thought that it's a very rare demo and it would have been cool to play it during the show.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-21-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 AM

'70s Hair Made A Huge Comeback At New York Fashion Week Fall 2015
The Huffington Post | By Dana Oliver

The runways at New York Fashion Week were chock full of 1970s-inspired looks . To complement the sequin gowns, chunky tweed jackets and graphic accessories, hairstylists recreated seventies 'dos with modern finishes (i.e. softer side parts and double-twisted top knots) and products that provided enough hold without weighing hair down.

The good news for us is that the hair looks in particular are fairly easy to replicate on your own. Here's how to copy them.

Stevie Nicks-esque Hair At Reem Acra

Get the look: Starting with freshly-shampooed hair, make a clean middle part and rough dry hair with finger tips using a blow-dryer with a sock diffuser to make sure the hair is not too fluffy. Next, come through the hair with a wide-tooth comb to smooth out any tangles. Starting from mid-shaft to ends, and then from roots to ends, spray hair with René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing conditioning spray - no rinse and comb product through the hair. Keeping the hair at the crown flat, take random sections from the back and gently twist them to bring out the texture. Use the palms of your hands to flatten hair at the crown and push it behind the ears. Add a dab of René Furterer VEGETAL SCULPTING GEL for extra hold.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6717214.html

Get the look: Soft Bohemian waves at New York Fashion Week
By Angela Salazar on February 20, 2015 2:37 PM

At Reem Acra, Didier Malige for René Furterer created “bohemian gypsy” lightly tousled locks a la Stevie Nicks. After spraying the hair with René Furterer Volumea Volumizing Conditioning Spray – No Rinse, he rough-dried the models’ hair with a sock diffuser while keeping the crown of the head flat and smooth. Once the hair was dry, he worked in a little René Furterer Acanthe Curl Enhancing Leave-in Fluid. “Just a little,” said Malige, “because we want to enhance the texture, but it’s important the hair doesn’t wave too much.”

http://blog.sfgate.com/chronstyle/20...-fashion-week/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-23-2015 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Default Stevie strikes again!

PRESS RELEASE

Fall-Winter 2015/16 - the Zodiac Collection
For Fall-Winter 2015/16, Peter Dundas explores a glistening starry night, celebrating the symbols of astrology and the unforseen powers they behold. The dandyism of Jimmy Page and the glam-goth style of Stevie Nicks electrify the looks and set the vibe. Graphic black and white undulates at the center of this collection, marking it with a modern urbanity, while also rendering homage to Emilio Pucci’s own black and white collection of the late 1950s.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres her ARIA appearance.

It's so startling to see her in a color other than black. It gives off a more accessible, welcoming and warm vibe. She looks great in red. She'd look great in almost any color. I'm not against black. But she's doing herself a disservice to herself when she defaults to black 95% of the time. The softer tones compliment her personality.

I wonder who has more accountability for what she wears: Stevie or her stylist? And why the gloves?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-05-2015 at 09:18 PM..
Old 03-06-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's so startling to see her in a color other than black. It gives off a more accessible, welcoming and warm vibe. She looks great in red. She'd look great in almost any color. I'm not against black. But she's doing herself a disservice to herself when she defaults to black 95% of the time. The softer tones compliment her personality.

I wonder who has more accountability for what she wears: Stevie or her stylist? And why the gloves?
Some elder ladies wear gloves to hide the wrinkles on their hands or to make fingers appear slimmer...
By the way Stevie looks very good in red, I think her red Rhiannon dress during the 1978 and Tusk tour was one of the most flattering.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

Stevie doesn't like to be told what to do. So, I'm 99.9% sure SHE decides what she wears. She has a designer but not a stylist. She's the stylist. She's the boss. Unfortunately. Yeah, I'm so over the black. She's not fat so I don't know why she insists she only looks good and/or thin in black. It also makes for a very boring stage presentation. Not only is she in black the entire show but all her outfits (there are three complete changes on this tour) look the same. There's no variety whatsoever, no sparkle except for the Gold Dust Woman cape (1 song).

Hiding her aging hands may be a small part of why she wears gloves but I think it's more of a fashion statement. She's been wearing them for years...as far back as the RAL era but back then they were more sheer/lacey and less industrial looking.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think sometimes the gloves (fingerless especially) and rings that Stevie wears are for pain and inflammation control, not for beauty.

Michele
Old 03-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think sometimes the gloves (fingerless especially) and rings that Stevie wears are for pain and inflammation control, not for beauty.

Michele
Hands and necks are the tell-tale signs of a woman's age. So I thought maybe they were to hide the signs of aging in her hands…. though if they were age spots, knowing her she'd easily have them removed with fade creams or laser procedures. She clearly has amazing skin care on her face and neck and keeps her manicure perfect so you know she'd have her hands well-cared for too. You can even get fillers injected into hands to plump them up and get rid of old-lady boney hands.

I guess I was just really hoping she didn't wear them because she liked them… especially those fingerless gloves with the chains.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I totally agree!
By the way I think that the last time she wore something original was for the ARIA awards; I loved that red outfit!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
the ONLY reason to watch that mess and Dicky
golly she looked so gorgeous in red
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
the ONLY reason to watch that mess and Dicky
golly she looked so gorgeous in red
I have to agree - she looks gorgeous in this red colour. The best and most flattering outfit I've seen on her in more recent years.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:59 PM

Stevie looks gorgeous in red because even if she has light skin she has a rather warm skin undertone.
Is armocromy popular in the US?
Recently I started reading about it and I was curious to know about Stevie's color season; I've come to think she's a "Bright Spring"
Old 03-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Default and it goes on...

Paris Fashion Week Highlights: Givenchy, Haider Ackermann, Vivienne Westwood, Comme des Garçons, Kenzo and Celine
Givenchy’s futuristic ’70s and Haider Ackermann’s tailored punk

March 9, 2015 9:01 a.m. ET

1. Givenchy: The ’70s With a Twist

Sheesh, if Riccardo Tisci’s fall collection doesn’t move the fashion needle, nothing will.

There’s been a strong element of the ’70s in the collections for fall—following on the spring trend. Most designers have been pretty literal. Chloe’s Clare Waight Keller showed a Stevie Nicks-like collection on Sunday (to Fleetwood Mac music) that was hippy and swishy and roundly lovely, but it didn’t move the needle.

Tisci masterfully touched on a theme that was rife in the ’70s—a reverence for the Renaissance—but twisted it into futurism. Facial jewelry, embroidery creating Gothic crosses on black dresses, animal tails forming fringe on a fur jacket, tuxedo tails on suits, peasant-style dresses in black velvet—it was a cornucopia of fashion and his strongest collection in recent memory.

OK, the nose adornments looked comically like mustaches. All the better to sear that collection into memory.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-fa...ine-1425906067
Old 03-09-2015, 11:19 AM

Default It's becoming embarassing...

Chloé Fall / Winter 2015

Pubblicato il 08 mar 2015
PARIS — Sunday during Fashion Week in the French capital is many things, but suffice it to say Chloé dominates late afternoon. So breezy and effortlessly cool on an endlessly sunny patch of this blue earth is the Chloé Girl that nothing but a daylight showing would do Clare Waight Keller’s collection justice. This clear-eyed enthusiasm for life expressed with a Stevie Nicks lilt was made manifest Sunday afternoon on the runway at Grande Palais by none other than Ieva Palionyte, Hedvig Palm, Yana Van Ginneken, and Binx. The models rounded the enormous runway before a capacity audience to Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 classic “Dreams,” which captured succinctly the mood of the collection’s powder tones and menswear accents. Chloe Girls running the world might well be a thing of dreams, but so long as this collection sees the light of day it will no doubt inspire everyone who touches it to dream their very own Sunday afternoon dreams.

Credits include: Client, Chloé; Collection, Women’s Ready-To-Wear Fall / Winter 2015; Clothing design, Clare Waight Keller; Styling, Jane How; Hair, Eugene Souleiman; Makeup, Lucia Pieroni and the M∙A∙C Pro Team; Manicure, Odile Sibuet; Production, La Mode en Images; Live music direction, Michel Gaubert; Casting, Michelle Lee; Video, Damien Neva.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:51 AM

Coach's Pre-Fall 2018 Collection Is Playful and Gothic-Heavy
Romantic and edgy

Described by creative director Stuart Vevers as “an American-gothic fairytale, born of New York,” Coach‘s Pre-Fall 2018 collection doesn’t disappoint. The range is colorful and a bit eccentric for good measure.

This season, the American fashion house reintroduces winter staples perfect for street style. Among the mix are funky denim, on-trend cowboy boots and dresses ideal for holiday parties.

With a tinge of romanticism, Coach presents a cohesive collection filled with standout symbols including birds, poison apples and more. Paired with studding, patchwork and well-crafted textures, each piece also features elements of playful rock n’ roll which is pinpointed as “Stevie Nicks mixed up with Axl Rose,” as shared in a statement. The immense attention to detail is undoubtedly the brand’s strongest quality. The leather handbags are perfect as well as the other accessories and garments featuring fringing and whipstitching. Browse the gallery above to check out the entire collection.

https://hypebae.com/2017/12/coach-pr...018-collection