User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
People actually just like bass & drums and not any other part of the music - lyrics, keyboards, lead guitar or harmonies?

What's the point?
I was talking about four out of the five, not disliking all 3 singers. You can dislike either Christine, Lindsey and Stevie, but like the other 4 just fine.

And as far as your comment "what's the point" what is the point of ANY likes or dislikes? Personal preferences don't follow a rule book.

I will tell you, I was a huge Sonny and Cher fan for my entire childhood and beyond and I never really liked Cher. I have old schoolbooks and you can look in them or on any of my old records (including some FM records) and you will see I have scribbled my special "Sonny and Cher" insignia on everything. It was on everything I owned. Still, I was not a Cher fan, per se.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was talking about four out of the five, not disliking all 3 singers. You can dislike either Christine, Lindsey and Stevie, but like the other 4 just fine.

And as far as your comment "what's the point" what is the point of ANY likes or dislikes? Personal preferences don't follow a rule book.

Michele
Well, I didn't get that you meant Christine OR Lindsey OR Stevie, I thought you meant someone could dislike all of them, but still label themselves as a FM fan.

My comment was referring to that, I wouldn't understand what the point of being only a Mick or John fan would be. But, I guess if you're a bass player or a drummer, then you may be inclined to listen to the music from that perspective and not into the song lyrics per se.

I agree that personal preferences are just that and leaning toward one member over another is perfectly understandable and normal. The problem that was being discussed here was the tearing down and bashing that goes on (and on and on) and just really drives people away.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-10-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Old 10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree that personal preferences are just that and leaning toward one member over another is perfectly understandable and normal. The problem that was being discussed here was the tearing down and bashing that goes on (and on and on) and just really drives people away.
Yes, a lot of people leave to go where they feel their love for their favorite is more welcome and I don't blame them.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, a lot of people leave to go where they feel their love for their favorite is more welcome and I don't blame them.

Michele
I guess if you don't want an active board. Seems like it defeats the purpose.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess if you don't want an active board. Seems like it defeats the purpose.
Yeah, an active board would be nice, but I don't want it that badly.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Oh, I agree - I meant people leaving because of the bashing instead of the bashing being discouraged and everyone being active and part of the discussions without tearing down any and all the members of the band.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I agree - I meant people leaving because of the bashing instead of the bashing being discouraged and everyone being active and part of the discussions without tearing down any and all the members of the band.
But everyone's view of what is bashing is different anyway. It depends on your perspective as to what's going to discourage and irritate you. I could say something about Christine that would not bother a person, but it would rattle them if I said the exact same thing about Stevie or Lindsey.

People should leave because of the bashing that annoys them, whatever kind it is. I totally get it. I wasn't on this website myself for a number of years because I didn't like it. I went over to FM Legacy. So, I completely understand driving people away and being driven away myself.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You know I'm 100% behind you on this. I don't get the bashing either. You don't have to like ALL the members of the band. You can like Stevie, or Lindsey, or John, or Mick or any combination of the current 4 members (+ Christine), but just because you dislike a certain member of the band and someone else likes them, does not give you the right to bash that members views or that member personally.

It also doesn't give you the right to gather your friends up and have a party tearing someone else down. I hate to see new people post questions or make a observations (not understanding the unwritten rules on this board) only to get run off by someone they accidentally completely unintentionally upset.

I get that a lot of members on this board are personally invested in certain members of the band, and feel like it's their duty (as a friend/fan) to defend that member to the death. It's an admirable quality (loyalty) to have. However, I can't imagine anyone in the band being happy to see the fan's fighting amongst themselves and splintering the fandom apart. Remember Mick, John and especially Lindsey want to see Fleetwood Mac keep going. (Stevie's still thinking about it)

You don't have to like or agree with everything someone says and you can disagree with the views of anyone on this board (including me), but disagreeing and bashing are very different things and it really needs to stop.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I don't agree with you on this, but I still love you.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I don't agree with you on this, but I still love you.
That's why this place doesn't appeal to everyone. I would say it's not really a place for passionate Stevie or Lindsey fans. I wish that wasn't the case, but it's the truth.

If I want to say that Stevie's twirls are more comical than exciting, I will. If I want to say Lindsey's OMS was the worst tour he's ever done and that it hurts me that he ruined ISA, I will.

If I want to say I will burn all his records if he sends my dame back to Cumbria with a corncob (er, hair clip) in her hand, I will.

I don't see any point in praising everyone to death and there's no one I like enough to praise all the time anyway.

But that kind of commentary whether you mean it in a mean way, a humorous one or just an irreverent one is ALWAYS going to upset someone either way. That's why people are not happy here and it's best that they go to places where people don't talk like that and agree with them.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"