User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Her refusal to commit rightfully angered Lindsey and the rest of the band members and led to what we are witnessing today. I think Stevie refused because she had zero material to contribute.
Nor will she ever.. The girl who wrote all those incredible songs is gone now replaced by a bitter old harridan .Her "new" song is unlistenable.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Barbara Nicks died on December 28, 2011. Can anyone blame her for not being ready to jump back into the drama that is Fleetwood Mac that soon after her mother died? Mick’s Playboy interview was just 80 days later.
It's not like she was in a period of mourning and not working at all during 2012 sir. But yes it's SOOOOOO much drama with Fleetwood Mac. She is the drama.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Nor will she ever.. The girl who wrote all those incredible songs is gone now replaced by a bitter old harridan .Her "new" song is unlistenable.
Honestly, it's just very sad. And you're right... her "new" material that took the work of Greg Kurstin (who is a great engineer and producer who did a cool mix at Abbey Road for McCartney on Egypt Station) to turn it into a product she could market, is not very good. Kind of a sick political grab that just feels wrong.

I may be in the minority of people on this board, but I just feel sorry for her.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Barbara Nicks died on December 28, 2011. Can anyone blame her for not being ready to jump back into the drama that is Fleetwood Mac that soon after her mother died? Mick’s Playboy interview was just 80 days later.
I don’t know...John McVie got a cancer diagnosis in the middle of a tour and they were ready to give his a$$ the boot. Lindsey has a heart attack and nobody gives a sh*t.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course there were omissions. I’m sure legal was all over what they could and could not say. Except for Stevie botching the time frame, what they actually said wasn’t a lie.

LOL, you don’t think Irving didn’t realize they’d get sued? Fleetwood Mac isn’t the first band to fire a longstanding member. Hell, they’re not even the first band he manages that fired a longstanding member. They ALWAYS involve lawsuits. If you know you’re getting sued, you don’t show all your cards in interviews.

I think once the catharsis of leaving the band wore off and OOTC flopped, he realized he needed them.

Yeah, it’s the glory. Playing GYOW in front of 20,000 people in an arena is a way bigger rush than 1500 in a theater.

Yeah, they said a friend of mine was a multimillionaire. He’s absolutely not.

Or, maybe we take things said in interviews at the time into the equation instead of relying solely on a lawsuit. Wouldn’t want to have “significant factual omissions” now, would we?

Between that interview Mick did in 2017 where he talked about he and Stevie were planning on doing deep cuts and Lindsey’s comments on the Classic shows, I suspected trouble was possibly on the horizon, but what do I know?

That’s assuming you have the right “it that he was referencing. “She wanted it to be her way more than the rest of the people did in the band. It wasn’t John McVie.” I read that as being about doing the songs from the other eras of the band and not relying on prerecords (her 24KG model, but with Fleetwood Mac).

Mick also said that the band is more functional because of the changes they made. Now, maybe he’s open to working with Lindsey again outside of Fleetwood Mac, like he recently did with Rick Vito and Bekka Bramlett.
More functional? Are you for real? You’re aware that Stevie has spent the past week lamenting that She hasn’t heard from any of them and she hasn’t called them either? They’re dead in the water at the moment.

Lol are you really still clutching your pearls for this new invigorated Fleetwood Mac they tried to sell two years ago?

And we’re still trying to convince ourselves that Stevie was a holding the torch for pre-75 material? That’s hilarious. That whole entire narrative was created to justify filling in the gaping whole with Lindsey out of the mix. Half of that material they still axed out of the set list before the midway point of the tour..

It’s funny that nearly two years later and all of the info that’s come forward, you’re still repeating the same stuff you said in the initial weeks leading up to the tour.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-16-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brett’s interview is a delight from start to finish—and not just the FM stuff. His well-worded honesty underscores what Lindsey said of him by way of stage introduction for the ANTHOLOGY tour: “Brett knows where the bodies are buried.”

Even if Lindsey goes back to FM, Brett has sealed his fate. He testified. The guilty parties (Mick and Stevie) will never forgive him.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
More functional? Are you for real? You’re aware that Stevie has spent the past week lamenting that She hasn’t heard from any of them and she hasn’t called them either? They’re dead in the water at the moment.
“All I can say is really openly is that Lindsey Buckingham and the work he has done with the band is never going to go away and we have a functioning band with the changes that we made. You know time heals and it was lovely to be able to talk with him.”

Quote:
And we’re still trying to convince ourselves that Stevie was a holding the torch for pre-75 material? That’s hilarious. That whole entire narrative was created to justify filling in the gaping whole with Lindsey out of the mix. Half of that material they still axed out of the set list before the midway point of the tour..
AUGUST 28, 2017

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...future-110414/

Are you thinking at all about the set list yet? Will it be very different than the last tour?

Yeah. I was in Italy recently and met Stevie out there. Actually, she was in Capri and I was close to there. She said to me, “Let’s sit down and really listen to some stuff that sort of almost got forgotten.” So I know she’s already thinking she wants to do some things we haven’t done in years. I always think that Stevie and Lindsey should do a Buckingham Nicks song in the set. And have Christine should do a blues song.

Last I checked, Buckingham Nicks and Christine’s blues days were pre-1975.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Agreed. In my opinion, all of what we are witnessing now was due to the making of Buck McVie. Her refusal to commit rightfully angered Lindsey and the rest of the band members and led to what we are witnessing today. I think Stevie refused because she had zero material to contribute. Alot try to make the excuse that she didn't want to work with Lindsey. I don't buy that.
I totally agree with your last statement....Stevie couldn’t go record a new album ..she had no new material....(she hadn’t had her Kennedy dream yet).
She could not contribute new work.
Why then didn’t they take some of the old demos she had....3 songs was all she had to put forward..
I’ll never comprehend that, never.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I totally agree with your last statement....Stevie couldn’t go record a new album ..she had no new material....(she hadn’t had her Kennedy dream yet).
She could not contribute new work.
Why then didn’t they take some of the old demos she had....3 songs was all she had to put forward..
I’ll never comprehend that, never.
she actually had her Kennedy dream quite some time ago. It's been sitting there waiting for it's right moment, sorta like Lady from the Mountain. (I'm not saying they were written at the same time, I'm just saying that LFTM sat around until she saw Twilight and the time was right)
Old 10-16-2020, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It's not like she was in a period of mourning and not working at all during 2012 sir.
You don’t know what was going through her head. There’s a difference between working solo and with Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
I don’t know...John McVie got a cancer diagnosis in the middle of a tour and they were ready to give his a$$ the boot. Lindsey has a heart attack and nobody gives a sh*t.
The question was “What would her answer be?“ You don’t think she wouldn’t use the death of her mother as her reason for not touring with Fleetwood Mac in 2012?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2012 IYD Tour was done because she felt IYD needed another year of promotion. Stevie's said so for a long time, even in the press room for RRHOF.
She did find time in 2012 to go to Lindsey's house to record EP songs.

Brett was on tour too.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
2012 IYD Tour was done because she felt IYD needed another year of promotion. Stevie's said so for a long time, even in the press room for RRHOF.
I remember, and even Lindsey said that there was no judgment against her for wanting to. But, if the question was what’s the difference between Stevie promoting an album in 2012 and Lindsey promoting an album in 2018, she could say that and a lot of people would sympathize with that.

Quote:
She did find time in 2012 to go to Lindsey's house to record EP songs.
Yes. At the end of the year.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“All I can say is really openly is that Lindsey Buckingham and the work he has done with the band is never going to go away and we have a functioning band with the changes that we made. You know time heals and it was lovely to be able to talk with him.”

AUGUST 28, 2017

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...future-110414/

Are you thinking at all about the set list yet? Will it be very different than the last tour?

Yeah. I was in Italy recently and met Stevie out there. Actually, she was in Capri and I was close to there. She said to me, “Let’s sit down and really listen to some stuff that sort of almost got forgotten.” So I know she’s already thinking she wants to do some things we haven’t done in years. I always think that Stevie and Lindsey should do a Buckingham Nicks song in the set. And have Christine should do a blues song.

Last I checked, Buckingham Nicks and Christine’s blues days were pre-1975.
I LOVE how you somehow can still quote bullish*t quotes from mick or Stevie as if it’s actual fact, as if you take it as complete truth.

Doing things we haven’t done in years does not automatically equate to pre-75 fm material. She could of been referring to Crystal or Blue Letter or When I See You Again. Clearly that quote illustrates Christine wanted to do some older blues stuff but to try and say it was Stevie? Gimme a break .

You’re about the last person on this forum to even remotely take a single thing mick says with a grain of salt. Functioning band? Stevie just said nobody has talked to her in months.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-16-2020 at 07:36 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I LOVE how you somehow can still quote bullish*t quotes from mick or Stevie as if it’s actual fact, as if you take it as complete truth.

Doing things we haven’t done in years does not automatically equate to pre-75 fm material. She could of been referring to Crystal or Blue Letter or When I See You Again. Clearly that quote illustrates Christine wanted to do some older blues stuff but to try and say it was Stevie? Gimme a break dude.
Stevie has longed for years to cover Peter and do Black Magic Woman. She was like I totally need to bastardize someone else in this bands lyrics now that Chris is back to singing Dont Stop. Mean jerk Lindsey wouldn’t let her do BMW. Oh wait, she didn’t even realize it was a Fleetwood Mac song.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Other “truths” from mick fleetwood:

Let’s do the double album...oh wait, never mind Lindsey.

Say You Will is one of the best things we’ve ever done...until he publicly said it “probably wasn’t our finest work” while hawking effing wine bottles at Costco.

It’s safe to say this is the quintessential lineup of the band.....wait three years and it became “our lineups have always changed, this is business as usual”

We don’t like to use the term fired....because in fact he was fired.

To TMZ reporters: is it true there was an ultimatum given by Stevie? “No”