User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I didn’t say or imply that it sounded like Fleetwood Mac, I pointed it out as an example of how Fleetwood Mac is more “functioning” since the change. Stevie can work with Neil in a way she couldn’t with Lindsey anymore. And, since 2/3 of the current lineup is on it, I specifically put it in an almost Mac category. If Mick and John and Christine on keyboards were added, it would absolutely be Fleetwood Mac. Honestly, it reminds me like something from SYW.
You wrote that the new FM recorded a new song in replying to me. That's not true.
How can we be sure she can work in a way she couldn't with Lindsey? It's one song. She likely wasn't in the same room as Neil. She didn't have to write the song. The song was donated for charity. She didn't do an EP with Neil. To me, this was like a courtesy to do for a new co-worker.

Quote:
Definitely one era of the band’s sound. And, “Stop Messin’ Round” was the really the first moment the world heard what would become the defining quality of the band’s sound, namely the Fleetwood McVie Perfect groove.
Using reason, one would decide that this new FM's sound would have to be heard in a new song with all 6 members on it. "Find Your Way" is not the advent of the new FM sound.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
You wrote that the new FM recorded a new song in replying to me. That's not true.
Most of the band did, all of the current frontline. It was an example of the band being more functional than it had become by 2015.

Quote:
How can we be sure she can work in a way she couldn't with Lindsey? It's one song. She likely wasn't in the same room as Neil. She didn't have to write the song. The song was donated for charity. She didn't do an EP with Neil. To me, this was like a courtesy to do for a new co-worker.
How can we be sure she can work in a way she couldn't with Lindsey? The simple fact she was able to do something as a courtesy. She wouldn’t have considered it with Lindsey.

Quote:
Using reason, one would decide that this new FM's sound would have to be heard in a new song with all 6 members on it. "Find Your Way" is not the advent of the new FM sound.
Again, I didn’t hold it up as an example of the new Fleetwood Mac sound.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How can we be sure she can work in a way she couldn't with Lindsey? The simple fact she was able to do something as a courtesy. She wouldn’t have considered it with Lindsey.
You're leaving out that it was to shelter the homeless in NZ. Don't you think it would've been evil not to email Neil her vocals?

From 2014 on, she sang a song for Don's cd, for Charles Kelley, for Lana Del Ray, and Leann Rimes.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I LOVE how you somehow can still quote bullish*t quotes from mick or Stevie as if it’s actual fact, as if you take it as complete truth.
right. both Stevie and Mick have no problem lying, or if we are nice, forgetting the facts in their drug-eaten brains.... or changing their minds.

in 2011 Stevie was saying she had a great time with Lindsey helping her on SOldier's Angel.

in 2012 she was saying she can never ever be in the studio with Lindsey again.

in 2013 she was saying how amazing time she had being with Lindsey in his home studio and eating dinner with his family.

in 2014 she was saying she can never be in the studio again with Lindsey.

in 2018 she was saying she just wants no more drama and wants to spend the rest of her days dancing happily around her house.

in 2020? she is saying she had enough of being in her house. and that she cannot live without the drama, that she needs drama in her life to breath and to be inspired.

but sure, she doesn't want to be in Fleetwood Mac because - too much drama?

yet some wonder who is the drama queen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-16-2020, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're leaving out that it was to shelter the homeless in NZ. Don't you think it would've been evil not to email Neil her vocals?

From 2014 on, she sang a song for Don's cd, for Charles Kelley, for Lana Del Ray, and Leann Rimes.
Do you think she wouldn’t have ignored Lindsey regardless?

“Tell him to get Nora Jones again.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you think she wouldn’t have ignored Lindsey regardless?

“Tell him to get Nora Jones again.”
I'm not familiar with that quote. Nora is spelled Norah though.

I think she would've responded to Lindsey if he asked after the European Leg in 2015.

I think you're making a big thing out of her doing Find Your Way as a supplement for your conviction that Lindsey should've been fired. Stevie had nothing better to do in quarantine so she decided to lend a hand to help rough sleepers.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not familiar with that quote. Nora is spelled Norah though.
It’s not an actual quote, just something I can imagine her saying. And, I obviously couldn’t care less about Ms. Jones.

Quote:
I think she would've responded to Lindsey if he asked after the European Leg in 2015.
Woah, I’m the one defending Fleetwood Mac/Stevie and even I think you’re giving her too much credit.

Quote:
your conviction that Lindsey should've been fired.
I wasn’t a fan of his firing. However, based on what he said about Classic West and what Mick said to Rolling Stone, I wasn’t surprised. My thoughts were “if that was anyone but Lindsey Buckingham, they’d be fired” and “Lindsey’s never going to go for that,” respectively. Not a fan of the decision, but I understood why.

Quote:
Stevie had nothing better to do in quarantine so she decided to lend a hand to help rough sleepers.
Except she’s saying she hasn’t spoken to anyone since December. So, it either happened right after the tour OR she’s lying about how long its been since they’ve spoken. Oh, wait, it’s really a Stevie soundalike and it’s actually a dysfunctional mess.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s not an actual quote, just something I can imagine her saying. And, I obviously couldn’t care less about Ms. Jones.

Woah, I’m the one defending Fleetwood Mac/Stevie and even I think you’re giving her too much credit.

Except she’s saying she hasn’t spoken to anyone since December. So, it either happened right after the tour OR she’s lying about how long its been since they’ve spoken. Oh, wait, it’s really a Stevie soundalike and it’s actually a dysfunctional mess.
Could care less, not couldn't care less

It's not credit. I think after a NA and Euro run, she would've seen the value of recording with the entire band. Maybe he did ask her then...

Lastly, haven't you heard of "Have your people call my people?"

Don't you follow your name with uppercase article THE? Might want to drop the case!
Old 10-16-2020, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Could care less, not couldn't care less
No. It’s COULDN’T care less.

Quote:
It's not credit. I think after a NA and Euro run, she would've seen the value of recording with the entire band. Maybe he did ask her then...
And, how did that go for him?

Quote:
Don't you follow your name with uppercase article THE? Might want to drop the case!
No, I follow the uppercase THE with my new-ish name. The uppercase THE is an Ohio State reference. Got my Master’s there.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. It’s COULDN’T care less.

And, how did that go for him?

No, I follow the uppercase THE with my new-ish name. The uppercase THE is an Ohio State reference. Got my Master’s there.
According to your link, either is correct. I was in advanced collegiate English. My professor always used "could care less."

How did it go? She just wants to perform old songs on tour. Lindsey and Chris did 8 new songs on a tour. Stevie did 3 new songs on her solo tour. 2 from IYD are not new. She played IYD songs for 2 years.

Enjoy the 24 Karat Gold Film next week! Polka dot or gold shawl?
Old 10-17-2020, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to your link, either is correct. I was in advanced collegiate English. My professor always used "could care less."
Seriously? WGAF?!?

Quote:
Enjoy the 24 Karat Gold Film next week! Polka dot or gold shawl?
We’re in a global pandemic and I’m not that big of a Stevie fan. I might get the CD for “Crying In The Night,” though.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2020, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Stevie at Applebees..oh darn, please let’s go there.

How many dollar margaritas would it take for Stevie Nicks to write a new song!?

How many dollar margaritas would it take before Stevie Nicks claims she’s responsible for Prince’s entire fist album and they vacationed together in Italy for 20 years.
Man, I gotta say something....

You fu*king ROCK.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If the film was playing near me like IYD was, I would go see it. I go out every day and always have, although I take masks and disinfectant very seriously. Also, I like more of the gal’s music than I dislike. I just hope that her remaining years on earth are miserable ones.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If the film was playing near me like IYD was, I would go see it. I go out every day and always have, although I take masks and disinfectant very seriously. Also, I like more of the gal’s music than I dislike. I just hope that her remaining years on earth are miserable ones.
Having an autoimmune disorder makes me pick my battles a bit more carefully. I’m probably skipping the Peter Green tribute, too. That said, if they found a full Bare Trees era show that was debuting in theaters, I’d have to risk it. Oh, and I went to a socially distanced filming of a show streamed over the internet (twelve people in the crowd at a warehouse turned 500 person concert venue), which was surreal, since we had to be quiet. Imagine not being able to loudly rock out to GYOW.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2020, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Having an autoimmune disorder makes me pick my battles a bit more carefully. I’m probably skipping the Peter Green tribute, too. That said, if they found a full Bare Trees era show that was debuting in theaters, I’d have to risk it. Oh, and I went to a socially distanced filming of a show streamed over the internet (twelve people in the crowd at a warehouse turned 500 person concert venue), which was surreal, since we had to be quiet. Imagine not being able to loudly rock out to GYOW.
Oh. I would think maybe they would want you to make a little noise to simulate an audience. But it sounds like a fun experience to have.

I just entered a neurofibromatosis rally to Zoom with the X-Files.