Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Mezzo lose that license. Carrying that hate
inside you is the worse thing you could do
for yourself. Believe me I know. I have an
issue dealing with hate and it's eating me up
inside.

Turning to the internet can be a good thing.
The Ledge has many caring people who are
willing to help. At the very least, listen to
your problem(s).
Hmm, I feel like my post was taken a little more seriously than intended.
Honestly, this isn't something to worry about. I'm not normally a hateful person. Ed (Hejira) and Danielle actually get sick of my playing Switzerland, and roll their eyes when I say I like a person.
Now, I absolutely do hate this girl. But I think I'm entitled to that. And that's not like hating a parent or former best friend--I don't think I'll be, like, consumed by my own rage at for a random chick I run into occasionally. This is not a horror movie situation, where they'll all look back and say, "...and that's when Grace changed." It's more like I'll stew over this for a few days and, like, f*ck with her mind occasionally. Maneuver my way to the board of a club, just to keep her out. I'm not sure yet. I'll just be over here, twirling my moustache.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Hmm, I feel like my post was taken a little more seriously than intended.
Honestly, this isn't something to worry about. I'm not normally a hateful person. Ed (Hejira) and Danielle actually get sick of my playing Switzerland, and roll their eyes when I say I like a person.
Now, I absolutely do hate this girl. But I think I'm entitled to that. And that's not like hating a parent or former best friend--I don't think I'll be, like, consumed by my own rage at for a random chick I run into occasionally. This is not a horror movie situation, where they'll all look back and say, "...and that's when Grace changed." It's more like I'll stew over this for a few days and, like, f*ck with her mind occasionally. Maneuver my way to the board of a club, just to keep her out. I'm not sure yet. I'll just be over here, twirling my moustache.
Yes, I often picture you with pig tails and a dirndl dress carrying a pail of milk down some grassy slope in the Alps. Diplomatically, of course. BTW, I really think you should look into some kind of diplomatic field- whether at the UN or doing PR with Lizzie Grubman. You have a natural knack for playing the situation just right.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. I have no idea what that means, but it just seems so fitting right now. To heck with those secret societies anyway! And what is the big secret?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just had to pay a stinking, drooling hobo £2 to leave me alone. Think he may have found a niche in the market...
Old 10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I just had to pay a stinking, drooling hobo £2 to leave me alone. Think he may have found a niche in the market...
All you really had to do was to quote some Stevie Nicks lyrics at him and then he would have thought you were really crazy."Were you just thinking that the rooms are all on fire?" He would have run screaming for the hills.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
All you really had to do was to quote some Stevie Nicks lyrics at him and then he would have thought you were really crazy."Were you just thinking that the rooms are all on fire?" He would have run screaming for the hills.
He told me that he had lived with David Hockney (the artist) for twenty two years, and also that he had been sober for two years whilst holding a can of Beer. Might have taken a little more than a Stevie Nicks lyric to get him away. I was just lucky that my bus came a few minutes later so he didn't come back and try and get more. It's not even the first time that's happened, unfortunately. I love the fact that not one person at the bus stop noticed my "help me" demeanor and did anything to diffuse the situation. Though I suppose he had more charisma than the last one. The last time it happened, this huge slob of a man sat down beside me, looked blatantly at my chest after hocking a disgustingly huge loogie at a shop window and then proclaimed "I like your tits". That time I went and hid in that shop until he left lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He told me that he had lived with David Hockney (the artist) for twenty two years, and also that he had been sober for two years whilst holding a can of Beer. Might have taken a little more than a Stevie Nicks lyric to get him away. I was just lucky that my bus came a few minutes later so he didn't come back and try and get more. It's not even the first time that's happened, unfortunately. I love the fact that not one person at the bus stop noticed my "help me" demeanor and did anything to diffuse the situation. Though I suppose he had more charisma than the last one. The last time it happened, this huge slob of a man sat down beside me, looked blatantly at my chest after hocking a disgustingly huge loogie at a shop window and then proclaimed "I like your tits". That time I went and hid in that shop until he left lol.
You could of sang Stevie Nicks lyrics at him while dancing around him like Kate Bush?
People like that scare me, i always feel much more uncomfortable if I know they have been drinking.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How much would you pay me to
leave the Ledge for a month?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Spent the day in London with the college. We saw some awesome exhibitions at the v&a and the national portrait gallery. The post modernism one is awesome, i walked out with so much inspiration for potential photoshoots. The Annie Lennox one and the glamour of the gods one were also really interesting. The coach broke down though on the way there. We have all the best luck.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a few hours ago at my job, we caught one of our temp workers having "a lotta fun" in the women's restroom. I told her supervisor who wasn't that surprised.

My workplace is crazy!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Just a few hours ago at my job, we caught one of our temp workers having "a lotta fun" in the women's restroom. I told her supervisor who wasn't that surprised.

My workplace is crazy!
Any postable Security camera video?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Any postable Security camera video?
We don't have working cameras. The security guard got a full report of it, though!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We should do a poll, of who has had sex at work.

I'm guilty. Three times, if memory serves.

JTIS.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

JTIS.
Once...when I worked at a well known burger chain many years ago with an ex girlfriend who also worked there. I didn't have a Meal on my break after all but still ended up Happy!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post

My workplace is crazy!
Um. Like, by herself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

JTIS.
Was it as a bar or club? Not really that shocking then. I never have, but I've known about many hookups of coworkers at the group home I used to work at. Ewwwwww.

JTIS - it's my wedding anniversary today. 17 years together, 7 of them married.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Once...when I worked at a well known burger chain many years ago with an ex girlfriend who also worked there. I didn't have a Meal on my break after all but still ended up Happy!
Talk about a Happy Meal!