The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:36 AM

Who Would the Women of American Horror Story Play on Hotel?
By Diane Gordon

One of the best things the American Horror Story TV franchise offers is strong, empowered female roles for a wide range of actresses. This was celebrated at the TV Academy’s “The Women of American Horror Story” panel in Hollywood this week. While details about season five are scant, we caught up with some of the actresses and asked which jobs they want if they wind up checking into AHS: Hotel.

Gabourey Sidibe
Sidibe didn’t hold back at all. “I’d want maybe the bellhop because you get to bring suitcases into every room. I’m kind of a weirdo and I like to see everyone’s room in the hotel. I’m such a weirdo, like if I pass by this building — I actually have done this before — I’ll look up the address and look up the floor plans for the building because I like to see the way apartments and hotel rooms are laid out. I’m such a creep about it. I’d like a job that would allow me to walk into everyone’s room.” Would she treat guests better if they gave her better tips? “Absolutely,” Sidibe says. “I’m gonna treat everybody horribly anyway [laughs]. But if you give me a tip, I’m gonna treat you a little less horribly.” Make a mental note: Always tip well.

Lily Rabe
Rabe hemmed and hawed a bit as she mulled over various hotel job options. “I guess I’d like to be … oh gosh ... they all sound really scary. Coat check — that’s terrifying. Bartender sounds scary. They’re all sounding terrifying to me as I think through them. But being a guest might be the worst, right? Then you’re the most vulnerable.

Connie Britton
Britton surprised us with her job choice: “If I worked at a haunted hotel, I think I’d like to be the lady in charge of the laundry. Because how horrifying does that sound? The lady in charge of the laundry at a haunted hotel? I mean, come on! What are you going to be dealing with? You’ll see all of it. Ewww! Literally everyone’s dirty laundry. Gross! Awesome!” We think doing laundry is beneath Connie Britton, but then, she’s still Mrs. Coach to us …

Kathy Bates
She’s had her head lopped off and played a bearded lady in her past AHS incarnations. This time, Bates says, “I probably want to lie in bed and have people wait on me [laughs]. I just wanna order room service.” Who can blame her?

Naomi Grossman
The woman we came to love as AHS: Freak Show’s Pepper was very animated when we asked her about this. “Oh God, I can’t imagine we’d see more of Pepper, but I can imagine her: ‘Room service! Hee hee’ I think that would be pretty classic, although I don’t anticipate that happening.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/women-ahs-hotel.html

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-21-2015 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-22-2015, 08:16 AM

Default It surely is a scam but it would be awesome

American Horror Story: Hotel Cast (Season 5)
American Horror Story: Vacancy (Hotel) centers on what goes on in a shady hotel. Obviously the already missed Lange isn't coming back but we've still got a whole cast to appreciate!

Sarah Paulson

“ Janis Joplin, the real life female rock star unaware of the horrible fate that lies at her next hotel check-in
(Later Hotel Days) ”

Evan Peters

“ The Prowler, a mysterious young man that can be found hanging around the hotel and dark alley ways
(Early and Present Hotel Days) ”

Lily Rabe

“ Annabelle Evergreen, the new owner of the hotel who is slowly losing grip of reality
(Present Day) ”

Michelle Pfeiffer

“ Martina McBride, the previous hotel owner with many secrets
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Kathy Bates

“ Claudia DeVeau, Janis' agent that will do anything to keep her star client's image maintained
(Later Hotel Days) ”

Frances Conroy

“ Maude Madelyn, a Marilyn Monroe copycat and murderous cougar
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Angela Bassett

“ Lolita Jones, a jazz singer that plays at the hotel bar
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Denis O'Hare

“ Leo Maxwell, the bartender and close friend of Lolita
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Wes Bentley

“ Father Dominic Deon, the happy go-lucky leader of a very curious religious group.

Alexander Skarsgård

“ Joshua Evergreen, Annabelle's supportive husband and potential target
(Present Day) ”

Michael Chiklis

“ Dr. Nelson Brackett, an out of work scientist desperate for a place to work
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Tammy Blanchard

“ Theresa Faulkner, the strict and bitter head maid that secretly peeps on guests
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Matt Bomer

“ Terry Castro, a tedious bell boy with eyes and ears out for everyone
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Lady Gag
a
“ Elisa Starr, another popular lounge singer in competition with Lolita (Early Hotel Days) ”

Steven Weber

“ Ray Ottoman, the unwelcome hotel inspector
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Donald Sutherland

“ Father Abner Gates, a priest that comes to cleanse the hotel yet it backfires horribly

Finn Wittrock

“ Chap Newton, an engaged man that makes the horrible mistake of spending the night at the hotel
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Cheyenne Jackson

“ Thomas Seabras, a gossiping Bell Boy that has under gone strange activity
(Early Hotel Days) ”

Grace Gummer

“ Emma Lam, a maid that has gone under suspicious activity
(Present Day) ”

Christine Estabrook

“ Abigail White, the hotel's realtor
(Present Day) ”

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls073111084/
Old 03-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am just now watching season 3 (Coven), and not really liking it very much. The characters aren't as well developed, and *don't shoot me* but I find the Stevie Nicks thing a bit silly. I'm only four episodes in, so I hope it gets better.

Asylum was so incredibly well-written.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-23-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I am just now watching season 3 (Coven), and not really liking it very much. The characters aren't as well developed, and *don't shoot me* but I find the Stevie Nicks thing a bit silly. I'm only four episodes in, so I hope it gets better.

Asylum was so incredibly well-written.
I agree, but I found that season awesome at the beginning and progressively a bit disappointing.
My favourite seasons are still the first two, but Murder House is top for me and Freakshow third.
As you have said, Coven characters aren't very well-developed and that for me was the very sin of that season but, to make up for it a little, the photography and acting were stunning.
The silliness is deliberate though, because that season is intended to be a glamourous horror-comedy with lots of black-humour.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-23-2015 at 03:28 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to drift off here but I seen Coven DVD box set at Walmart last month.

I'll have to catch the current version online someday.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-24-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Not to drift off here but I seen Coven DVD box set at Walmart last month.

I'll have to catch the current version online someday.
Thank you, even if I cannot benefit from this opportunity other fans of the show will enjoy it!
Old 03-24-2015, 11:33 AM

Chloe Sevigny Is Returning For 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
By Erin Whitney

And the first official returnee to "American Horror Story" for Season 5 is Chloe Sevigny. Ryan Murphy tweeted on Tuesday that Sevigny, who appeared in Season 2's "Asylum," will come back for "AHS: Hotel" as a series regular.

Ryan Murphy ✔ @MrRPMurphy
Follow
Very excited to announce that Chloe Sevigny returns to the AHS family as a series regular on "AHS: Hotel."
4:06 PM - 24 Mar 2015

So far, no other "AHS" regulars have been announced to return for the upcoming fifth season of FX's horror anthology series. Sevigny joins Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer (who appeared briefly in one "Freak Show" episode) and "Glee" star Cheyenne Jackson in "Hotel." Nothing more is known about the new season, besides the fact that "AHS" favorite Jessica Lange officially won't return to the franchise. (Although we have speculated about what the mysterious "Hotel" could be about.)

"AHS" fans will remember Sevigny as Shelly from "Asylum," an inmate at Briarcliff Manor. Sevigny's character faced one of the worst horrors the series has ever seen when Shelley's legs were amputated by Dr. Arden. Let's hope nothing that horrific happens to her in the hotel.

"American Horror Story" returns in October on FX.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n-horror-story
Old 03-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Thank you, even if I cannot benefit from this opportunity other fans of the show will enjoy it!
No problem.I'm at your service.LOL. I'm just spreading out the message that its out there for us fans.

If I see or hear something somewhere in my travels or online about FM or its member .I'll post it on the Ledge.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Chloe Sevigny Is Returning For 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
By Erin Whitney

And the first official returnee to "American Horror Story" for Season 5 is Chloe Sevigny. Ryan Murphy tweeted on Tuesday that Sevigny, who appeared in Season 2's "Asylum," will come back for "AHS: Hotel" as a series regular.

Follow
Very excited to announce that Chloe Sevigny returns to the AHS family as a series regular on "AHS: Hotel."
4:06 PM - 24 Mar 2015

So far, no other "AHS" regulars have been announced to return for the upcoming fifth season of FX's horror anthology series. Sevigny joins Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer (who appeared briefly in one "Freak Show" episode) and "Glee" star Cheyenne Jackson in "Hotel." Nothing more is known about the new season, besides the fact that "AHS" favorite Jessica Lange officially won't return to the franchise. (Although we have speculated about what the mysterious "Hotel" could be about.)

"AHS" fans will remember Sevigny as Shelly from "Asylum," an inmate at Briarcliff Manor. Sevigny's character faced one of the worst horrors the series has ever seen when Shelley's legs were amputated by Dr. Arden. Let's hope nothing that horrific happens to her in the hotel.

Wow look at that sidecut on Chloe .

I wonder if Ryan will call in Stevie for his upcoming shows.That would be great.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow look at that sidecut on Chloe .

I wonder if Ryan will call in Stevie for his upcoming shows.That would be great.
That was her signature hairstyle for Asylum.
It would be cool to see Stevie sing at the before the court but how could you link her to O.J. Simpson?

Joking aside, I think she'd really enjoy Scream Queens since it's structured similarly to Coven.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 AM

'American Horror Story' Alum Naomi Grossman Talks Jessica Lange's Exit; Pepper To Join 'Hotel'?

"American Horror Story" alum Naomi Grossman dished a few details about her stint as Pepper in two installments of the hit FX horror anthology series during her Reddit AMA.

The actress shared her thoughts about Jessica Lange's exit from the show. Lange was part of all the previous seasons of the series, but she confirmed a couple of weeks ago that she will no longer return for the upcoming season.

"She's had an awesome career behind her," Grossman said. "I don't blame her for wanting to see her grandkids once in a while. What grandma doesn't want to see her grandkids? Haha."

Grossman, on the other hand, admitted she would love to be part of the upcoming season subtitled "Hotel."

"I would love [to]," Grossman said. "I think the other actors on 'AHS' get to play other characters, so why can't I? It would be an interesting move, to actually see my own face and maybe even hair! That would be awesome."

Despite being indebted to her microcephalic character Pepper, the actress admitted that she is ready to give life to another role.

"Don't get me wrong, I could do Pepper forever," she said. "I think it would be hilarious to see her knock on the door and call out 'housekeeping!' at the hotel, but I think it would be time for me to do something new on 'AHS!'"

Grossman's character was the first to appear in two seasons of the series: "Asylum" and "Freak Show."

The show's creator Ryan Murphy revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly in January that all seasons of the show are connected and Grossman's character was used to unveil that major detail.

"There's definitely a rhyme or a reason and a connectedness to all of these seasons, but in the same way, they're standalones, which is the fun of it," Murphy explained.

He added, "Part of the fun of the show is the Rubik's cube design of it, but, yes, there are purposeful connections, character connections, and similarities and things that we'll continue to connect moving forward."

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/article...join-hotel.htm
Old 04-01-2015, 05:08 AM

It's the 1st of April after all...

Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM

Finn Wittrock Says His Success Is a Testament to Angelina Jolie
by Stacy Lambe 5:35 AM PDT, April 01, 2015

“I try to keep my head down and do the work -- but, yeah, it’s been awesome,” Finn Wittrock tells ETonline about his breakout year, which went from a small role in Ryan Murphy’s HBO adaptation of The Normal Heart to stealing the spotlight from Jessica Lange as the murderous Dandy Mott in American Horror Story: Freak Show. The year ended with the 30-year-old actor sharing the screen with fellow up-and-comers Jack O’Connell and Domnhall Gleeson in Unbroken, the Angelina Jolie-directed World War II biopic about Olympic champion Louis "Louie" Zamperini.

In fact, both of Wittrock’s Unbroken co-stars are enjoying breakout moments as well. Gleeson will star in the highly anticipated Star Wars sequel, The Force Awakens, while O’Connell coupled the biopic with the successful blockbuster, 300: Rise of an Empire, and the indie hit, Starred Up.

“It’s a testament to [Angelina Jolie] and the casting,” Wittrock says of his director who handpicked the actors and served as a mother figure to them as they went through extreme physical transformations required to portray men stranded at sea (and later imprisoned in internment camps). “It’s been great for us in so many ways. Artistically, it really opened me up and definitely pushed me to places I’ve never gone before.”

With Unbroken and American Horror Story -- he says Murphy has kept everyone in the dark about Hotel -- behind him, Wittrock is focused on doing more movies. This year, he’ll star in two new films, The Submarine Kid, which he also co-wrote, and My All American. The latter will see him return to the biopic world to portray Freddie Steinmark, a former University of Texas football player who helped the team win the 1969 national championship then died of bone cancer two years later.

“It’s always hard,” he says of the pressure of honoring someone’s real-life journey on screen. “You feel a sense of duty to the actual guy who went before but at some point you have to let your imaginative brain take over. You can’t have a part based solely on imitation you have to add yourself to it.”

And if everything comes together, Wittrock may find his way back to the stage, where he made his Broadway debut in the 2012 revival of Death of a Salesman opposite Andrew Garfield and the late Philip Seymour Hoffman. “I’m definitely itching to do something again,” he reveals. “There’s been talk actually with Ryan [Murphy] about this play, but it’s down the road.

Whether or not things work out, the actor admits theater is a more fulfilling challenge -- at least in terms of the emotion toll. “For Unbroken, that death scene was really hard, but I only had to do it once,” Wittrock says. “To do it eight times a week is a different story. You have to make sure it’s something you can really get behind to be willing to go there every night.”

And don’t even joke about the idea of playing a character like Dandy on stage. “I would go totally insane,” he laughs.

Watch as Jolie gets caught in the rain while discussing the struggles of making Unbroken in an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the film now available on Blu-ray/DVD.

http://www.etonline.com/news/162062_...ngelina_jolie/
Old 04-07-2015, 07:37 AM

TAISSA FARMIGA

JUST JARED’s APRIL COVER STAR Taissa Farmiga has quickly become a unique, memorable presence on both the big and small screens. She has an endlessly-watchable quality that you can’t get enough of - whether it’s on film in Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring or in real life on the set of a photo shoot. Even if you can't define her oddball charisma, you know it when you see it.

[CENTER]

Taissa got her start in film at the age of 15 when her older sister Vera Farmiga cast her in 2011’s Higher Ground. But it was Ryan Murphy who put Taissa on the map by casting her as Violet Harmon in the first season of his hit series American Horror Story. Playing opposite Jessica Lange and Evan Peters, Taissa demonstrated a chilling depth with her acting prowess, earning her another key role on the third season of the show.

The critically-acclaimed series has repeatedly dominated the Emmy Awards, earning 54 nominations over its first three seasons. And in just four short years, Taissa has become one of Hollywood’s most promising young actresses.

“It’s like watching a peony explode, witnessing Taissa become a woman,” big sis Vera gushes. “She is mid-bloom right now and she is outrageously beautiful. Her cheekiness is in full swell, it’s lush and mischievous. I love laughing with her, always will. I love watching her prance about her life like some mythical unicorn.”

While Taissa doesn’t know if she will return for American Horror Story’s upcoming fifth season, she has no shortage of projects on her plate. She recently premiered two buzzy new movies - The Final Girls and 6 Years - at Austin’s SXSW Film Festival. She’s been shooting non-stop for the ABC drama pilot L.A. Crime with Erika Christensen. And Taissa has two other films in the can - Warren Beatty’s Howard Hughes-based romantic drama and a western called In a Valley of Violence with Ethan Hawke and John Travolta.

“The fact that she’s flourishing in her career is just a known certainty,” Vera adds. “She’s always had an attack approach of thriving, when kids her age were just trying to survive, all to do with her innate compassion and passion and fearlessness. One glance into her luminous hazel eyes, and you know her goodness, her honesty, her kindness. I am so proud and in awe of my lil’ sister, but not so much that I still won’t poke her in the ribs with straws.” ■

Just Jared: Can fans expect to see you in future seasons of American Horror Story?
Taissa Farmiga: Well, season four just ended. So I'm hoping the fans will be able see me in the next season of American Horror Story, but we'll see. No promises.

JJ: What's your favorite scene that you've shot on the show?
TF: My favorite scene that I've shot, the most recent one, was on Coven, when I got to be impaled onto the wall. I got to sit there for like an hour on this awesome rig and just be leaning on the wall. And it was pretty fun, blood, guts, it was great.

JJ: Do you have a favorite prop from set?
TF: My favorite prop from American Horror Story is probably the witch hat. It just fits me, and I love it. I love tipping it down so you can't see me, but I can flirt with the eyes. It's my favorite prop.

JJ: Could you tell us about your character in the upcoming film, The Final Girls?
TF: My character in The Final Girls is 18-year-old Max. She's kind of like this 90's chick. She's got her Doc Martens and flannel, and she's dealing with the death of her mom. So two years have passed and she gets sucked into her mom's famous horror movie.

My celebrity crush is probably Chris Pratt. But like Andy Dwyer, 'Parks and Rec' Chris Pratt.

JJ: Any memorable moments with your co-stars Nina Dobrev and Alexander Ludwig?
TF: My favorite moments on the Final Girls set were with Nina and Alexander, they had a scare war going on. That lasted for months after shooting. Nina actually surprised Alexander, he was shooting in Ireland I guess, he was shooting Vikings. But on set, they were always trying to get our help, like, "Go distract him. I'm going to sneak around this tree." It was the best. It was really a blast.

JJ: Could you tell us about your character in your movie 6 Years?
TF: I play Mel, who is a college student, and she's been in a relationship for six years. So all through high school, she's been with the same boy, and she feels like she's a grown up because she's in a situation where it's almost like they're married, and how they act with each other. But 20-year-olds, they're rash, not fully emotionally developed, so she's learning to be that adult she really isn't yet.

JJ: What article of clothing do you wear the most?
TF: My favorite article of clothing is this black fedora that I bought with my sister Vera. It's always on my head. It's got this maroon little strip around it. Sometimes Vera will put a feather, but that's not my thing.

JJ: What are the last three things you charged on your credit card?
TF: The last three things I charged on my credit card were probably a plane ticket to LA, cough drops, and doctor's masks. Because I had the flu.

JJ: What are the next two things you want to check off of your bucket list?
TF: I want to take a personal trip to Europe. I've only ever gone there for work. The second one is I want to hang out with Alexander Ludwig so he can take me bungee jumping.

JJ: Who is your recent celebrity crush?
TF: My recent celebrity crush is probably Chris Pratt. But like Andy Dwyer, Parks and Rec Chris Pratt. WOOOO! Okay, it's hot in here!

JJ: Pick two celebrities to be your parents.
TF: If I was able to pick two celebrities as my parents, I would have to say [A Most Violent Year co-stars] Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain.

JJ: Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling?
TF: Ryan Gosling.

JJ: Kanye West or Jay Z?
TF: Jay Z.

JJ: Hugs or Kisses?
TF: Hugs.

JJ: Facial hair or clean shaven?
TF: Facial hair.

JJ: Star Wars or Star Trek?
TF: Star Wars.

JJ: Bath or shower?
TF: Shower.

http://www.justjared.com/spotlight/t...-spotlight.htm

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-09-2015 at 05:37 AM..
Old 04-09-2015, 05:36 AM

Kathy Bates Is Back To Run 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
The Huffington Post | By Erin Whitney

Kathy Bates is officially back for her third season of "American Horror Story." Ryan Murphy announced the news of Bates' return for "AHS: Hotel" on Twitter Wednesday, revealing that Bates' character will be running the titular hotel.

Follow
Kathy Bates is running the Hotel. #AHSSeason5
9:16 PM - 8 Apr 2015

Bates, who was previously in "Coven" and "Freak Show," joins Lady Gaga, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Chloe Sevigny and Cheyenne Jackson for Season 5. Nothing more is known about "Hotel" yet, but based on "Freak Show" clues, we've speculated what it could be about.