User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tori Amos - Abnormally Attracted To Sin - NEW ALBUM

http://undented.com/news/1571/tori-s...title-revealed

Oh. my. GOD. I am so psyched! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

I actually cannot wait. It's been far too long since "American Doll Posse" although i still love it every bit as much as I did when I first played it.

Tori never fails to disappoint. I am so much more excited about this than I am the mac tour.

woooooo!

Chris x
Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
http://undented.com/news/1571/tori-s...title-revealed

Tori never fails to disappoint. I am so much more excited about this than I am the mac tour.

Chris x
Uh The Beekeeper?I agree with the second sentence though.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a HUGE Tori fan before I discovered Stevie!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll probably be at her SXSW show- there are several acts playing before that I wanna see. Since I've never seen Tori, I might as well stick around.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I'll probably be at her SXSW show- there are several acts playing before that I wanna see. Since I've never seen Tori, I might as well stick around.
Seeing Miss T live is an absolute must, at least once. So dooo it.

I've been to see her on every tour since the Dew Drop Inn in '96.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 02-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love Tori. I started playing the piano because of her. The only albums I was really disappointed by were Strange Little Girls and The Beekeeper. I've seen her live twice and she was just amazing.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Registered

Beekeeper wasn't as strong as many of her previous efforts, but it had its moments.

I might just be smitten because she referenced Yaldaboath, but I also found that many of the Beekeeper songs didn't really soar for me until I heard her do them live.

Which tours did you see her on, GypsyGirl?

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

I saw her during the Original Sinsuality Tour 2005 and American Doll Posse Tour in 2007.

Must say I liked the live versions of most Beekeeper songs better than the studio versions too.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She really is a show everyone should see. So super-talented. I've seen every tour since Choirgirl, but I have to admit I've kind of faded out on it as she went one direction in life and I went another.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

So cool to see other Ears with Feet here. I love Tori as much as I love FM, just in a different way.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
She really is a show everyone should see. So super-talented. I've seen every tour since Choirgirl, but I have to admit I've kind of faded out on it as she went one direction in life and I went another.
This is exactly the way I feel about Tori. I still really enjoy her old music, but her recent stuff just doesn't really do it for me.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, IMO, Tori can do no wrong. She's never let me down yet. I love all of her albums EQUALLY! They all have there place in the collection. I've seen her on the Scarlet's Walk, Original Sinsuality and American Doll Posse tours. With Tori, it's a different kind of fandom than it is with the mac or Stevie. I can't really explain it. Tori albums are more than just CD's - they're friends. I know it sounds bizarre but it's how it is.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Uh The Beekeeper?I agree with the second sentence though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGirl15 View Post
The only albums I was really disappointed by were Strange Little Girls and The Beekeeper
What's with all "The Beekeeper" slating?
As I said before, I love all of Tori's albums equally and feel a Tori CD collection without TBK or SLG is not a collection at all. I agree, both SLG and TBK were not as strong as the rest of the collection but they have some amazing songs on both. Tori has never done a bad album as far as I'm concerned and never possibly could in my eyes.

MORE EXCITEMENT:

Hints at a world tour have been given.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Registered

^^^^

I think the issue some people might have with The Beekeeper is just because she changed direction a bit again. It's a much more "mothery" album, more low key (er...low key for Miss T, which is not the same thing as low key for the rest of the planet).

I remember waiting breathlessly to get my paws on Choirgirl and then getting it home and into the CD player and going, "Whaaaaat?" because she changed direction with that one and I wasn't expecting it. It took a couple listens for me to get what she was doing, and then I LOVED it.

Beekeeper took a few listens, too, but now I appreciate it for what it is - I don't love it like I ended up loving Choirgirl but that's okay. Ain't no Little Earthquakes, Pink, or Pele, but honestly, what COULD be?

I do find many of what I consider to be her less strong songs on albums take on a whole new force when she does them live. For example, I can do without the studio version of "Snow Cherries from France," but when she did that live on the Original Sinsuality tour, I was like, "Okay, that completely rocks my socks."

Definitely looking forward to the new album, and a little bird tells me you are correct 'bout that there tour, young lady. Also, I know what you mean about your Miss T fandom being different from your Stevie or Mac fandom. Entirely different animals.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
^^^^

I think the issue some people might have with The Beekeeper is just because she changed direction a bit again. It's a much more "mothery" album, more low key (er...low key for Miss T, which is not the same thing as low key for the rest of the planet).

I remember waiting breathlessly to get my paws on Choirgirl and then getting it home and into the CD player and going, "Whaaaaat?" because she changed direction with that one and I wasn't expecting it. It took a couple listens for me to get what she was doing, and then I LOVED it.

Beekeeper took a few listens, too, but now I appreciate it for what it is - I don't love it like I ended up loving Choirgirl but that's okay. Ain't no Little Earthquakes, Pink, or Pele, but honestly, what COULD be?
I do find many of what I consider to be her less strong songs on albums take on a whole new force when she does them live. For example, I can do without the studio version of "Snow Cherries from France," but when she did that live on the Original Sinsuality tour, I was like, "Okay, that completely rocks my socks."

Definitely looking forward to the new album, and a little bird tells me you are correct 'bout that there tour, young lady. Also, I know what you mean about your Miss T fandom being different from your Stevie or Mac fandom. Entirely different animals.
IMO, listening to a Tori album is like getting to know a person. You have to get to know and understand eachother. They're not just albums - they're like friends. And you are always gonna have some friends that you don't always see eye to eye with and you are always gonna have your absolute best friends. Me and TBK don't always see eye to eye but we do get on. Strange philosophy but it's how i see it :P