The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm way slacking in the diet department - but mostly because I got sick this weekend - and it's hard to give a crap about how many fruits, vegetables and fats you get in in a day when you're hoping for death.

I hadn't gone to the gym since Friday -but last night I felt good enough to go again -so I did 15 minutes on a bike and 15 on the elliptical - today I'll see about doing legs....and getting back on track w/ the eating.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on guys...where is everyone???

So I'm really excited because I am getting my stretch range back!! When I sarted working out again I was dismayed that I could not stretch anywhere near as far as I used to - well last night and today - I've made it damn close -and have done so comfortably

Also it's no longer killing me just to make it to 30 minutes during cardio - it has taken way less time than I thought to build myself back up into my routine...in fact I just did 45 minutes cardio plus abs

Did legs last night.

My last week of horrible eating didn't do as much damage as I thought - I only gained .4 pound So I'm determined to do better with my food this week!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I am at the gym 6 days a week for two hrs a day..it pays off.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm back. Not back on track - back to the thread. I haven't worked out in over a week (the trip out west, then catching up at home afterwards threw my whole schedule off) & I feel really crappy mentally & physically. But I'm "back in training" today - counting points & I'll be doing either elliptical or speed walking after work. At least I didn't gain any weight while I was gone.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

That's a plus!

I'm on day three in a row at the gym - it's the longest I've gone (in a row - without a day off in between) and I'm reaching for five!

When I get there early I can monopolize the tv and hence no Mexican Soap Operas and my workouts are lovel.

The best part? I feel amazing and have been sleeping less..finally! I was sleeping WAY too much.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^3 in a row - you go! I really must get back to exercising every day. I used to think "oh, well I worked out yesterday so I can skip a day." Huh? I now realize that's just dumb. Why skip? I'm trying to change my mindset to assume I'll be exercising in some way, shape or for every day, as opposed to scheduling it it. I think it seems like less of a chore if it's an automatic thing.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

that's what I've been doing the past few weeks - oh I worked out yesterday I guess I'll skip today - of course then it would turn into two or three days

My excuse of extreme soreness doesn't work now - my body's getting used to the weights and no more painful days after...just that ever-so lovely muscle fatigue-y feeling.

Anyway - I'm so excited that I'm finally getting back into exercising - I didn't realize how much I've missed it! What's even better is now I don't have to buy an entire new Fall/Winter wardrobe because I can fit into my pants again
Old 10-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oy. Okay, I officially suck. I've been terrible lately! I was doing pretty well with the diet change in the summer, counting calories, trying to exercise without going to the gym, and trying to get my sleeping patterns in order. I started slipping around early, mid August, and now I'm now I'm... not quite back to square one, but I'm not super active and my sleep patterns get screwed over by the weekend.

My eating hasn't been too bad. I don't monitor calories obsessively, but I have been sneaking things lately. I got sick of just bran in the morning a few months ago, and switched to this six-grain stuff, and oatmeal. I get a good little workout (yeah, I'll keep calling it that ) walking around campus, and I've noticed a difference in my outer thighs, if nowhere else. Guess that's where it counts.

I think I've gained back a bit of what I lost, which really helps the depression.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well, after being in Cali and sick last week I didn't work out at all. good thing I didn't blow the diet part too. I haven't weighed so I don't know if I gained or lost or just maintained. I do know that I wore a belt yesterday that I haven't been able to wear for months. yay. I walked my 2 miles last night and will do my cardio and weights tonight. I am convinced if I would come up with a meal plan and stick to it, I'd lose weight faster. I need to sit down and get a plan together cause the diet is what's holding me up from seeing some major results.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Oy. Okay, I officially suck. I've been terrible lately! I was doing pretty well with the diet change in the summer, counting calories, trying to exercise without going to the gym, and trying to get my sleeping patterns in order. I started slipping around early, mid August, and now I'm now I'm... not quite back to square one, but I'm not super active and my sleep patterns get screwed over by the weekend.

My eating hasn't been too bad. I don't monitor calories obsessively, but I have been sneaking things lately. I got sick of just bran in the morning a few months ago, and switched to this six-grain stuff, and oatmeal. I get a good little workout (yeah, I'll keep calling it that ) walking around campus, and I've noticed a difference in my outer thighs, if nowhere else. Guess that's where it counts.

I think I've gained back a bit of what I lost, which really helps the depression.
dude! totally check out the gym at your school. doooo ittttttt! *goes with you* or get exercise dvd's or something. it'll help you feel a ton bettah. dude, my sleeping patterns are terrible, too. we really need to fix that ... i was proud of myself last night - i actually fell asleep before 2! even though there was an x files marathon on until, like, 6 a.m.! but i convinced myself i didn't need to watch since i have all the eps on dvd. i'm a dork.

as for meself, i've lost 20 pounds so far. i spent a slovenly 5 days in southwestern georgia visiting my brother, and gained a pound back. i'll probably lose it today or tomorrow. i feel a million times better now that i'm back to my routine & eating habits, and my stepdad wants to start eating better and exercising, too.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I am convinced if I would come up with a meal plan and stick to it, I'd lose weight faster. I need to sit down and get a plan together cause the diet is what's holding me up from seeing some major results.
i really think planning is key. that way, you don't have to think about it when you get hungry, and you know when you wake up that you're going to have a great day diet-wise.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post

I hear that. It can be hard to find the energy to get moving when you just don't feel good. I never found walking to help with depression much, I really have to sweat for it to help. Carrie is on the money with her gym suggestion.

It's cool to see everyone in here. I've also been slacking in the diet department. But I'm ready to reel it in again.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I hear that. It can be hard to find the energy to get moving when you just don't feel good. I never found walking to help with depression much, I really have to sweat for it to help. Carrie is on the money with her gym suggestion.

It's cool to see everyone in here. I've also been slacking in the diet department. But I'm ready to reel it in again.
very true. I've gotten to where I'll fool myself by saying I'm only going to walk 20 mins, then I say well I've come this far may as well do 30 mins, then hell, may as well do my whole 2 miles.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i really think planning is key. that way, you don't have to think about it when you get hungry, and you know when you wake up that you're going to have a great day diet-wise.
It really is. It may be a pain in the ass to try & plan your meals for the week, but it makes it easier & less stressful when you're actually making them. If I plan each day ahead of time (and I do think it helps immensely to plan your entire day - it's much harder to go overboard if you've set up what you'll be eating that day) I tend to eat healthier. With no plan, I get stressed out & give up quickly, usually eating crappy food.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
very true. I've gotten to where I'll fool myself by saying I'm only going to walk 20 mins, then I say well I've come this far may as well do 30 mins, then hell, may as well do my whole 2 miles.
Love it. That works really well for me too. This frigging human fattening pen [cubicle] I work in doesn't help matters. When I was in my early 20s I had an active job and when I went to a desk job I gained about 20 lbs in a year! That sucked.