Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Food n Fitness Thread #9837483

Ok. I haven't heard from y'all as to progress lately so I'm starting another food/exercise/crap thread.

So how's everyone doing?

I got quite discouraged there for a bit, didn't stop the program, but I wasn't feeling good about it. Then on Saturday I DID splurge. Like big time. I got a pizza and made brownies. BUT I also exercised over the weekend.

This week I'm completely back on track, making healthier choices, working out. I worked out this morning - did the legs - and I am feeling fab - workouts are so much better with my handy dandy mp3 player

So far though I've only lost between 3 and 4 pounds.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bad: Still stuck at a loss of about 5 pounds. Not excercising as much as I could be. Not totally blowing it on weekends, but cheating occasionally.

Good: Still exercising a couple times a week. Feeling more toned & limber. Clothes fit a lot better. Eating healthier - more protein, less simple starch, more fruits & veggies.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Good: Still exercising a couple times a week. Feeling more toned & limber. Clothes fit a lot better. Eating healthier - more protein, less simple starch, more fruits & veggies.
I'm still not feeling a whole lot of difference in my body - but admitedly I've not been exercising as much as I should be - only last week did I finally step it up to a pace that can be considered moderate to high.

I am eating more veggies - I'm experimenting with different ways to cook them - and trying veggies I've never really eaten before - so far so good! So I've been able to creep more into my diet.

Now I need to learn the balance of splurging on the weekend without going completely overboard.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking about starting one of these.
Last week I started walking around the school I live by. Now I've started jogging some of the way, especially when there is an incline. Also running up and down steps. I'm trying to eat less. I've got to get this baby weight off!!!!!
Oh, earlier today I put on FM: The Vintage Years and danced around to Rattlesnake Shake for like 15-20 mins!! Very freeing.

"I always return here..."
Old 09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Hate to say it but over the summer, I gained about 11 pounds We moved this summer so unpacking and remodelling several rooms in the new house has been very stressful. For the past four months we have been eating out at least once a day. Fast food is not my friend I will be on track again eating healthy meals once our kitchen is finished. Exercise has been painting walls and alot of scrubbing floors, windows, baseboards and walls. Hasn't helped too much with weight loss but definitely helps me sleep better
Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm up to week 4 on my running program (running 5 minutes, walking 2, running 5, walking 2 for a total of about 40 minutes), but late last week I pulled muscle in my foot, so I've had to take it down a bit. my foot hurts like hell, I don't know what I did or how long it will take to recover fully, but I'm still walking. my eating is going ok, not blowing anything out of the water, but still not quite cutting back on sugars as much as I could. I've lost another 2 pounds (14 total).

by the way, Kashi Lemon Rosemary Chicken frozen dinner is a.mazing!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I've lost another 2 pounds (14 total).

by the way, Kashi Lemon Rosemary Chicken frozen dinner is a.mazing!
Good for you!

I saw that Kashi had frozen foods! I'll have to get some of those soon.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
Good for you!

I saw that Kashi had frozen foods! I'll have to get some of those soon.
thanks.

yeah, I didn't know that had any until I saw them. I've only tried the one above, but it was really good. I was shocked. I could've done without the mushrooms, but there weren't that many and they aren't overpowering.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
thanks.

yeah, I didn't know that had any until I saw them. I've only tried the one above, but it was really good. I was shocked. I could've done without the mushrooms, but there weren't that many and they aren't overpowering.
Wow I had no clue Kashi made frozen meals....but erm since I don't like their cereals..I'm wary - although I'm always looking for edible frozen meals for lunches.

Also - congrats on your loss so far Jazzy! You're doing great, but sorry about your foot - I think it's admirable that you're still doing something - so many (myself included) would have stopped exercising altogether after an injury.

Just take care of yourself though - and don't overdo it
Old 09-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Just take care of yourself though - and don't overdo it
thanks!

I'm afraid of overdoing it. I hope I'm not. I am so motivated this time it's awesome. I haven't been this motivated since I was like 18-20, when I was 160 pounds and in amazing shape.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't really been on a program. I was down to around 160 at the beginning of June, from a high of about 170-172. I've now crept back up to almost 170. I went to work out yesterday, but didn't make it today.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGypsy View Post
Hate to say it but over the summer, I gained about 11 pounds We moved this summer so unpacking and remodelling several rooms in the new house has been very stressful. For the past four months we have been eating out at least once a day. Fast food is not my friend I will be on track again eating healthy meals once our kitchen is finished. Exercise has been painting walls and alot of scrubbing floors, windows, baseboards and walls. Hasn't helped too much with weight loss but definitely helps me sleep better

ACK! That? Is the worst. I feel your pain - everything torn up, dust everywhere, disroganization & clutter...remodels are a bitch. Don't get me wrong, I love remodelling & redecorating, but it gets old real quick & really throws off your schedule while you're doing it. Of course, it will all be worth it when you're done, of course. But until then, it's damn near impossible to cook a meal at home.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

holla. reporting for duty in food thread #9837483!

my car is broken, so i haven't been getting to the gym. i've been walking a lot, but that's not the same. i'm going to go for a bike ride today. i've been doing really awesome food-wise. i mean, i'm almost shocked at how well i'm doing. it's been two full months now, and i really don't even need to think about what to eat anymore. yeah, i'm pretty much awesome. i don't know how much i weigh at this point, since i haven't been to the gym, but my jeans are falling off of my ass . seriously, i went to macy's yesterday to buy a jacket, and i couldn't keep them up and i felt like a douchebag. oh! AND the lady at the counter totally complimented me on my outfit. ok, they have to do shiz like that, but i did look cute (except for the falling down pants. lol.).

uh, to summarize: i've never felt this good about myself. and i'm glad everyone else is doing well, too. oh, jaz, i'm glad you're doing a run/walk program. i just read this the other day and thought of you.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
oh, jaz, i'm glad you're doing a run/walk program. i just read this the other day and thought of you.
awesome. thanks!

I'm also starting to see some definition in my arms. yay.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I tell you one thing, I'd be alot more active if it wasn't for the DAMN LEDGE! Sucks me in!