User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Just look at the company she's in. Ahnuld, Stephen Baldwin, and Janine Turner. Their collective talents set Hollywood ablaze.

Don't be bitter because we have the big guns, dear.
Trust me, I don't live my life for celebrities, they do more to hurt elections than anything else. Most of middle America could give a f*ck what someone like Ms. Striesand (who's talent I admire) has to say politically...a turn off!

Emma is a very talented actress, very funny. She diserves more roles in movies, she has a great talent. She was amazing in Buffy The Vampire Slayer (one of the only reasons I kept watching after the 5th season).
Old 02-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
I think Drew Carey's a Libertarian. I remember reading an interview where he said he refused to vote in the 2004 election, because both the Republican and Democratic parties are corrupt.
He doesn't seem to have any qualms about enabling the corrupt Republican party:

http://newsmeat.com/celebrity_politi...Drew_Carey.php

Old 02-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But that would entail curbing the Sunday morning duck and deer hunts. What would Cheney and Scalia do?
Whats wrong with deer hunting, if you are going to eat the meant, then why is that a problem? If you are just going to kill it and chop its head off for your wall, then it's dead wrong!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Trust me, I don't live my life for celebrities, they do more to hurt elections than anything else. Most of middle America could give a f*ck what someone like Ms. Striesand (who's talent I admire) has to say politically...a turn off!
Middle America gave us the neocon invasion, so I could give a f*ck what they think or say. I say we should secede and leave them to fend for themselves.

Quote:
Emma is a very talented actress, very funny. She diserves more roles in movies, she has a great talent. She was amazing in Buffy The Vampire Slayer (one of the only reasons I kept watching after the 5th season).
She sure was Oscar-worthy in Darkness Falls.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But that would entail curbing the Sunday morning duck and deer hunts. What would Cheney and Scalia do?
a very real argument exists that says the D's are hardly a friend to animal rights as well - I mean was that Clinton that set a ban on animal testing for cosmetics as his high priority

Plus, hunting is no more abuse than buying it at the store - I base this on having been to a slaughterhouse and also the horrid conditions some animal farmers keep their stock in. But, I know you aint gonna agree with that
Old 02-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Well, environmentalism is animal rights, too, and if you vote republican, then you don't support environmentalism.
I do support the environment, I'm just not an obsessed "tree hugger - love mother nature (can we say idolatry ) or you are a hateful bastard" kind of person.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Whats wrong with deer hunting, if you are going to eat the meant, then why is that a problem? If you are just going to kill it and chop its head off for your wall, then it's dead wrong!
I don't think anything is wrong with hunting for meat. But again, Republicans absolutely do not care about the environment, so if you vote that way, you endorse that view.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
a very real argument exists that says the D's are hardly a friend to animal rights as well - I mean was that Clinton that set a ban on animal testing for cosmetics as his high priority
I never said they were. Do I have to remind you, yet again, that I am not a Democrat and believe them to be just as evil as the Republican party? And I'm hardly a fan of Bubba.

Quote:
Plus, hunting is no more abuse than buying it at the store - I base this on having been to a slaughterhouse and also the horrid conditions some animal farmers keep their stock in. But, I know you aint gonna agree with that
No, I'm not.

Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I do support the environment, I'm just not an obsessed "tree hugger - love mother nature (can we say idolatry ) or you are a hateful bastard" kind of person.
No, by voting republican, you do not support it. You can say you do, but your vote specifically works against it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Middle America gave us the neocon invasion, so I could give a f*ck what they think or say. I say we should secede and leave them to fend for themselves.
Who exactly is we, because middle America, I promise you, will out number left-wingers by a long shot!

Quote:
She sure was Oscar-worthy in Darkness Falls.
That has to do with script, not the talent. She has great potential (a lot better than some of the other "actors" out there)
Old 02-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I don't think anything is wrong with hunting for meat. But again, Republicans absolutely do not care about the environment, so if you vote that way, you endorse that view.
Well I guess the environment isn't on the top of my list when I choose which candidate to vote for, so I suppose you are right.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never said they were. Do I have to remind you, yet again, that I am not a Democrat and believe them to be just as evil as the Republican party? And I'm hardly a fan of Bubba . . . .
well, ya flip flop a little on that one I mean eight months or so ago, you were all about Kerry I realize you admitted that was a mistake or some other similar lang. (how could I forget you admitting something like that ) - but you were pro D then. So, while not a D now, that was not the case a few months ago

This is not said in a snarky tone
Old 02-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who exactly is we, because middle America, I promise you, will out number left-wingers by a long shot!
How absurd. Why do you think electoral votes in "middle America" are so tiny compared to the coastal states? I want us to secede and leave the whack jobs to fend for themselves (all liberals can come with us, you're all welcome, dears). Then we'll really see who the "heart and soul" of this country is.

Quote:
That has to do with script, not the talent. She has great potential (a lot better than some of the other "actors" out there)
She's yet another Hollywood-type corrupting the youth of America with a trashy film full of violence and bad language, silly. Shame on her.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, ya flip flop a little on that one I mean eight months or so ago, you were all about Kerry I realize you admitted that was a mistake or some other similar lang. (how could I forget you admitting something like that ) - but you were pro D then. So, while not a D now, that was not the case a few months ago

This is not said in a snarky tone
Yes, this is public knowledge, dear. But I saw the error of my ways and quickly severed all ties with that bastard party. So, I fail to see your point.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I guess the environment isn't on the top of my list when I choose which candidate to vote for, so I suppose you are right.
How dare you disrespect God's creation like that.

Oh, I forgot, you're a Coulter fan and she said God gave us the environment to "rape."