Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Isn't it a shame

As I read the Wiki page for the upcoming album and it talks about those Village Recorder sessions, and I think back to 2014 when Chris re-joined the band, there was the world tour and Stevie then even said she'd get in the studio, I can't help but feel sad we never got the Fleetwood Mac album we hoped for. The new album will be great, but it could have been so much more special with the full band, there was so much optimism for what was to come. And now we'll never see that. So sad.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel your pain. I believe most of us would've have wanted a proper FM release with all five on board. But at this point I'm just willing to take whatever the members want to give. Solo, duet, or otherwise.

Looking forward to the Buck McVie album and tour, Stevie's video release of her tour, and the FM tour next year. Really, a lot to be thankful for!
Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is a shame, but what's done is done.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This situation has helped me let go of Stevie. I no longer feel the same way about her. I just see her as a selfish, "whatever happened to Baby" Jane type character. Her timing is horrible and her reasoning sucks.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This situation has helped me let go of Stevie. I no longer feel the same way about her. I just see her as a selfish, "whatever happened to Baby" Jane type character. Her timing is horrible and her reasoning sucks.
This. All this. Nothing but this. She's so selfish, and unappreciative of the lifestyle THIS BAND gave her. I hope she rots...
Old 04-16-2017, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm incredible sorry to say this, but maybe Stevie had the right idea to sit this one out, considering "In my World"...

If that is the stuff for FM lead singles by now, maybe doing nothing would have been better, career- and legacy wise.
Maybe a strong backing vocal by Chris (and Stevie, if she would have been there, with the famous harmony singing) would have made it a bit better, but since not even Christine is on it, but instead we get another shot at the stupid grunting sounds from 1987 (a mystery - Big Love has never been a big hit or a signature song, and still he insists to put that grunts on again and again, ruining great (Everyone finds out) or modestly decent (In my world) songs), it seems like Lindseys production skills are even worse than already feared. He obviously has no clue about what he is doing and/or a major ego problem.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 04-16-2017 at 03:57 AM..
Old 04-16-2017, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
but instead we get another shot at the stupid grunting sounds from 1987 (a mystery - Big Love has never been a big hit or a signature song,

Big Love was a big hit...in fact, one of their biggest.
And yes, it is a signature song (though not in the album format).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

We are beating a dead horse but of course its a shame. I never thought in a million years this would have happened. IMHO the last (true) group effort was Mirage with these 5 members. It would have been something so special to get a group effort again after all these years.
But I see this now as the glass half full and positive. We get more Christine songs and get to see Christine and Lindsey in concert. That never would have happened. Chris loves to sing the blues so I expect her to dig out at least one old classic (pre-Buck/Nicks) Mac song to perform for these concerts. That alone just blows my mind and almost makes this whole situation worth it.
There is some irony though. I saw Stevie in concert 2 weeks ago. She kept bragging to the crowd how while Bella Donna was still red hot she dropped everything to go to France with no air conditioning (yes suffer lol) and record with Fleetwood Mac. She said she would never break up Fleetwood mac and told more stories of her sacrificing to record and tour with them.
I just found such irony in her statements. After all she has been through with huge solo success, NOW is the time she declines to record with them. Its just sad especially since Christine came back to the group. Its just plain weird.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2017 at 05:48 AM..
Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We are beating a dead horse but of course its a shame. I never thought in a million years this would have happened. IMHO the last (true) group effort was Mirage with these 5 members. It would have been something so special to get a group effort again after all these years.
But I see this now as the glass half full and positive. We get more Christine songs and get to see Christine and Lindsey in concert. That never would have happened. Chris loves to sing the blues so I expect her to dig out at least one old classic (pre-Buck/Nicks) Mac song to perform for these concerts. That alone just blows my mind and almost makes this whole situation worth it.
There is some irony though. I saw Stevie in concert 2 weeks ago. She kept bragging to the crowd how while Bella Donna was still red hot she dropped everything to go to France with no air conditioning (yes suffer lol) and record with Fleetwood Mac. She said she would never break up Fleetwood mac and told more stories of her sacrificing to record and tour with them.
I just found such irony in her statements. After all she has been through with huge solo success, NOW is the time she declines to record with them. Its just sad especially since Christine came back to the group. Its just plain weird.
She is kicking them while they are down and ruining any opportunity for that final album. I always thought they would have that final album. Can't believe she pulls this stunt now. She is sooo selfish.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:24 AM
Ledgie

Is it at possible they could still record a proper final Fleetwood Mac album next year? Supposedly, there are dozens of songs, and the new album only has 10. Maybe another album with Stevie, now that she has proven her point? Not holding my breath. but still holding on to hope.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She is kicking them while they are down
Why do you think Lindsey and Christine are "down"?
Old 04-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJT View Post
Is it at possible they could still record a proper final Fleetwood Mac album next year? Supposedly, there are dozens of songs, and the new album only has 10. Maybe another album with Stevie, now that she has proven her point? Not holding my breath. but still holding on to hope.
well John just bought that new house in LA and where is it Village Recorders is located?
I can't help but feel there's more in the can and more to come.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

BEST case scenario they have 6-8 additional songs at an in progress state that they are setting aside for another duets album OR the unlikely event Stevie comes around. There's definitely more songs in the hopper, wasnt the very first batch of songs they started on before the 2013 tour allegedly around 8 or 9 and then more were added when Chris returned?

Or we will see another Lindsey solo album. I'm almost more inclined to think if the duets album does well, he might enjoy working with Christine again. I do think the chances of a mac album with all five has pretty much passed as sad as it is to say.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Big Love was a big hit...in fact, one of their biggest.
And yes, it is a signature song (though not in the album format).
The big hit from Tango was "Little Lies", and while the live version of Big Love is certainly iconic, the album track/single was a headscratcher and not much more back then.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that once she got over the shock of Christine being back in the fold, Stevie maybe didn't like Chris being back in the band...
Christine is a musician so belonged back in with the boys, Stevie isn't, and never could jam along.
Christine wrote stuff with Lindsey in the past and collaborated with him, Stevie never did.
And even on a more basic point Stevie was no longer the only girl in this club, and was no longer (especially on the 2015 tour) centre of attraction.
..........Just a thought.....