The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she still gets songwriting royalties from her song. It's the publishing rights that she sold, if I'm not mistaken.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If Lindsey said what Stevie is telling Mojo, then he has a smaller d...k than I thought.

However, even if she is accurately quoting him, I don't think it helps to publicize this. We're all on the high of Christine's appearance and learning this just sours the experience.

I want Christine to do another album on her own. On her own terms. Hope her recent restlessness spurs her on.
The problem is we don't know the entire context of this whole thing. I had a feeling he had something to do with it, though, even before Stevie's comments came out.

Yes, any music from Christine in any capacity is good.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The money Christine gets as a songwriter is the only right she can sell and that money is the same amount whether she's collecting it or someone else is.
Michele
Well, is maybe where I am misunderstanding the comments then.I though if Chris owned the songs and went on tour with the band, regardless of how many of her song's they played Chris would get her cut of the profits after the tour was over like any member. And any royalty's she received from the songs would come from radio play or commercial rights.

However, If she does not own the songs and she goes on tour with the band, then again she will get her cut from the profits of the tour like the reset of the band, but since she doesn't own the song rights anymore the band has to pay song royalty's to whomever owns them now and that takes a deeper cut out of the profits.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yikes, the drama never ends. Also, did anyone notice on the video how he didn't bow with everyone after Don't Stop? Did he do that at the end too. I love Linds, but if this comment is true, then I am very disappointed.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Yikes, the drama never ends. Also, did anyone notice on the video how he didn't bow with everyone after Don't Stop?
you mean this second pic here? http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...postcount=7299

i noticed. he looked like he was trying to stop the moment in time and enjoy it, just loving what was happening.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you mean this second pic here? http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...postcount=7299

i noticed. he looked like he was trying to stop the moment in time and enjoy it, just loving what was happening.
This is exactly why I was confused with all the 'bitter Lindsey' comments. I did expect more PDA from him and Christine, but I'll take what I'll get.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
However, If she does not own the songs and she goes on tour with the band, then again she will get her cut from the profits of the tour like the reset of the band, but since she doesn't own the song rights anymore the band has to pay song royalty's to whomever owns them now and that takes a deeper cut out of the profits.
The band doesn't pay more money to use Don't Stop on stage if Christine is with them than if she is not.

However, your point that there is money involved in their politics is a good one. If she recorded an album and toured they'd be splitting profits five ways rather than 4. The fact that they might make more money, might make up for the fact that they had to split it between more people, though.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band doesn't pay more money to use Don't Stop on stage if Christine is with them than if she is not.

However, your point that there is money involved in their politics is a good one. If she recorded an album and toured they'd be splitting profits five ways rather than 4. The fact that they might make more money, might make up for the fact that they had to split it between more people, though.
Money has always been involved in everything they do, just like all other bands. Then again, the split wasn't exactly equal, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Money has always been involved in everything they do, just like all other bands. Then again, the split wasn't exactly equal, if I'm not mistaken.
Right. John and Mick supposedly got less and Stevie was said to have gotten more than Lindsey, but I think if Christine was there, her, Stevie and Lindsey would pretty much have to get equal. I don't know.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Also, did anyone notice on the video how he didn't bow with everyone after Don't Stop?
He didn't bend his waist, but he was there with his arms around everyone and grinning. I don't know why he didn't put his head down. Maybe he felt light-headed briefly or his groin hurt or something, but he certainly didn't seem removed from the moment. Yes, he put his head down at the end of the show when they did the last bow.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right. John and Mick supposedly got less and Stevie was said to have gotten more than Lindsey, but I think if Christine was there, her, Stevie and Lindsey would pretty much have to get equal. I don't know.
Stevie would probably still get the bigger share, with Lindsey and Christine getting equal. But with her there, Stevie would be willing to split equally.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He didn't bend his waist, but he was there with his arms around everyone and grinning. I don't know why he didn't put his head down. Maybe he felt light-headed briefly or his groin hurt or something, but he certainly didn't seem removed from the moment. Yes, he put his head down at the end of the show when they did the last bow.
Didn't do a full bow, but he was certainly smiling.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It just smells of a bit of hypocrisy. Especially since they had the Tango tour booked and he backed out. And then after they worked on BTM, he came and guested. (Remember the reviews all talked about his appearance.)

I understand his reasons and I was glad back then that FM continued on without him. I think he is shooting himself in the foot too. He needs a breath of fresh keyboards and vocals. In my opinion, that EP sounds tired.

Agree!!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth....
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
This is exactly why I was confused with all the 'bitter Lindsey' comments. I did expect more PDA from him and Christine, but I'll take what I'll get.
people see what they want to see.

Lindsey makes easy target. it has been a week since he was not majorly bashed here, people asking why he's getting such a bad rep, with Mick's comments how he cared about them in 1987. that didn't last long!

someone said in that SN vs LB thread something about maybe there are such warring factions of fans b/c SN and LB themselves are fanning that. if she really said what is implied in mojo teaser, Stevie's comments to that magazine are exactly the example of that - this teaser single-handedly stopped the lovefest while completely trashing Lindsey. majority jumped on the bandwagon without much further thought on whether he actually said any of the stuff attributed to him. frankly, i don't think he has that much power in FM. if Stevie and Mick wanted Christine to do a number of songs, if Christine wanted that also, you all think Lindsey could have stopped it? be real!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking Lindsey had a part with that, just not as big as Stevie makes it out to be. Maybe Lindsey would say something on an interview that Stevie has as much big of a part of it as well. It's a vicious cycle.

But I still think he and Stevie need some more growing up to do.