Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Looks Like "Holiday Road".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox A Little View Post
Here's a link for some Philly hotels:
http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/4...delphia-Flyers

Don't know your the price range you're looking for but I would recommend either the Holiday Inn: http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/1...cker-Ave-19148
This is right in the stadium area and you can walk to the Wachovia Center from here. The neighborhood is safe but it's a minute drive if you want to park at the venue.

There is also the Comfort Inn and it's near the Historic Area. You'd have to drive to the venue but it would take about 5 mins and it's on the same road as the Wachovia Center and a straight and easy drive to the venue.
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-phil...sylvania-PA405

Both hotels are easy to get to from either i95 or route 676.

If you have any question feel free to PM me!

Rox
The Holiday Inn looks great...........

I am contemplating the Borgata in AC, (ie, comp room), but an additional hour plus out of Philly, (driving from Toronto),

thanks for the information,

g.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Registered

Default Wrong map?

I don't think that's the right Phily venue! It says sections 1 2 and 3 don't exist, 'choose an existing location' i think was the message, and if you click on the map, you see the front sections are A, B and C-- we want the one where the front sections are 1, 2 and 3. I haven't been to Philly in years, but it seems now there are two concert arenas. Make sure you all go to the correct venue, I believe the Mac one is at the Arena on 11th Street.... Funny, i am like the other 2 posters- i saw a great Section 3 Row THREE the other night, but i thought, 'if I'm going to drive from CT, i want Section 1 or 2! And no less than 3rd row. Picky Ledgies unite
So, probably not going, unless 1 or 2 in the first 3 rows show up soon and if the other 2 Ledgies don't get it first. I wish you well, actually, it's a 4.5 hour drive for me, I saw the show (and liked it a lot) here in CT, the only reason I want to go is I hope (but don't expect) a set-list tweak here or there- i know any change won't be MUCH, especially from Stevie- Her charming introduction aside, Stevie seemed pretty miserable singing 'Gypsy', so that's my only 'prediction' of what she might cut-- and gosh, it just doesn't work (for me)- If others love it, love it They'll probably keep things as-is anyway.
I think 'Seven Wonders' would be perfect for Philadelphia-- i was IN Philadelphia the first time I ever heard 'Seven Wonders' As many others have said, I'd also like to see Lindsey do 'Tango In The Night'. But, really, what I need is 2 Stevie changed songs. But I don't know what else seems obvious to drop for her other than 'Gypsy'-- Ducking, I'd choose for her to lose 'Sara' and replace it with 'Angel' or, of course, SOTM.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 04-11-2009 at 11:19 PM..
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey folks!

If anyone upgrades and is looking to get rid of a cheaper ticket at the last minute, please let me know. I'm currently unemployed, so my budget is too low for Fleetwood Mac's prices. But the thought of missing out on Storms really makes me sad! Sorry for the sob story, but please let me know if you have anything you're looking to get rid of for a lower price.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
Hey folks!

If anyone upgrades and is looking to get rid of a cheaper ticket at the last minute, please let me know. I'm currently unemployed, so my budget is too low for Fleetwood Mac's prices. But the thought of missing out on Storms really makes me sad! Sorry for the sob story, but please let me know if you have anything you're looking to get rid of for a lower price.

Thanks!
Andy
I don't think you can even upgrade tickets for this show.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
The Holiday Inn looks great...........

I am contemplating the Borgata in AC, (ie, comp room), but an additional hour plus out of Philly, (driving from Toronto),

thanks for the information,

g.
Try Priceline for Philly. Bid about $75 for a 4-star hotel, $45 for a 3-star. You shouldn't have too many problems (I got one for $45). Keep in mind, though--no cancellations--and be careful when bidding because once the bid is accepted, you pretty much have to pay for what you bought no matter what. If you can live with those terms, you can get very good deals.

The Borgata is VERY nice but quite pricey, and I think it's over an hour to Philly, if memory serves me.

But, if you want to stay in Atlantic City (which is fun in and of itself), it's an option. There are cheaper hotels which are just as nice, IMO--especially during the week.

And, that is the right floor plan for the right venue. I don't know why they do the A,B,C thing on their chart but it's the same place. I've been there many times with that same stupid chart confusing the hell out of me.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I don't think that's the right Phily venue! It says sections 1 2 and 3 don't exist, 'choose an existing location' i think was the message, and if you click on the map, you see the front sections are A, B and C-- we want the one where the front sections are 1, 2 and 3. I haven't been to Philly in years, but it seems now there are two concert arenas. Make sure you all go to the correct venue, I believe the Mac one is at the Arena on 11th Street.... Funny, i am like the other 2 posters- i saw a great Section 3 Row THREE the other night, but i thought, 'if I'm going to drive from CT, i want Section 1 or 2! And no less than 3rd row. Picky Ledgies unite
So, probably not going, unless 1 or 2 in the first 3 rows show up soon and if the other 2 Ledgies don't get it first. I wish you well, actually, it's a 4.5 hour drive for me, I saw the show (and liked it a lot) here in CT, the only reason I want to go is I hope (but don't expect) a set-list tweak here or there- i know any change won't be MUCH, especially from Stevie- Her charming introduction aside, Stevie seemed pretty miserable singing 'Gypsy', so that's my only 'prediction' of what she might cut-- and gosh, it just doesn't work (for me)- If others love it, love it They'll probably keep things as-is anyway.
I think 'Seven Wonders' would be perfect for Philadelphia-- i was IN Philadelphia the first time I ever heard 'Seven Wonders' As many others have said, I'd also like to see Lindsey do 'Tango In The Night'. But, really, what I need is 2 Stevie changed songs. But I don't know what else seems obvious to drop for her other than 'Gypsy'-- Ducking, I'd choose for her to lose 'Sara' and replace it with 'Angel' or, of course, SOTM.
Don't know what map you're looking at for the Wachovia Center but it's the only event going on that nice in the stadium complex. In Philly we have Citizens Park (Phillies), Lincoln Financial Park (Eagles), the Spectrum (some concerts, indoor soccer and Lax but it is not closed. Wachovia is the only venue open that night for Fleetwood Mac.

Priceline isn't a bad idea for a great hotel at a good price! I was just trying to get you as close to the venue as possible but Wachovia is very easy to get to from the major highways in Philadelphia. Having a Tom Tom will get you right to the door! Happy Hunting and enjoy the show! Safe trip down!

Rox
Old 04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Have you checked this map out?

http://www.seats3d.com/mv/comcast_sp...r/stage_end_1/

Rox
Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I don't think you can even upgrade tickets for this show.

i Was told a while ago that there will be no upgrades from the venue. The came directly from the box off. Nor That I still won't try!!

Rox
Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

does anyone know if it is sold out?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
does anyone know if it is sold out?
Nah. It's not sold out.
If you don't have tickets--go for it!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i have tickets.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Nah. It's not sold out.
If you don't have tickets--go for it!
do you have tickets to the show?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Funny, i am like the other 2 posters- i saw a great Section 3 Row THREE the other night, but i thought, 'if I'm going to drive from CT, i want Section 1 or 2! And no less than 3rd row. Picky Ledgies unite

picky ledgie here

ha ha I am really regretting not getting the 11th row Section 2 or even Section 3 row 5. I thought for sure great seats would be popping up now! When its Stevie solo I always see 2nd, 3rd row seats a few days before the show. Now Section 4 is up..no way!! I'd rather not even go. I cant believe I may not be there
Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 PM
ashton
This message has been deleted by ashton. Reason: no longer needed
Old 04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
i have tickets.
i am not going.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Ledgie

Animal will be in the house!!

Enjoy the show everyone.

Any ledgies meeting up before hand?

Last edited by animal; 04-15-2009 at 07:50 AM..