User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
And other people are unable to see Lindsey as anything but an unkind, jealous, brutish control freak who can't play fair.

Likewise, they can't see Stevie as anything but the perfect, can-do-no-wrong goddess of their fantasies.

All camps are equally guilty of villifying one side and victimizing the other, so again let's stop pointing fingers.
To be fair - I am not in either of those camps - not that you said I was

I do think though that many people qualify 100% as in those categories, save perhaps for Gerald

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To be fair and perhaps to lighten the mood - here is perfect example of FM working as a band and working very well.

I was there four or so rows back from their mics and the tension, angst, love, and fluidity of the music was palpable. If they can work with this result, I say go for it and put the personal BS aside. What you can't really see is that in the end (around 6:20) when they are dancing with each other, she is singing to him -- from where I was, it looked like she was singing "were we just dreaming" -- I cried if not sobbed. Music played with that emotion and that can move people to that extreme should be made IMO.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 04-13-2008 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Waste of breathe (beautiful though it is) -- no one here will admit that LB might have been a pri*k to her - his history of being polite to women is so clean. And, even if she is/was a total c*nt beloved to the unwashed masses, to everyone in the history of art (defined only by LB and devil may care about CM (the more talented of the three)) -- it does not matter because La Nicks, despite like 50 million records and countless sold out shows - is a talentless cu*t who is not a star much less the one whom LB salivates to ride on the coat tails of to fame After all, his history of caring for art above FM is so pristine
I agree with this... Fleetwood Mac after "Out of the Cradle" has been LB's piggy bank... funding him to do his solo stuff that few will buy. His "bitchy" and "Snippy" comments about CM were because he knew they would lose a lot of revenue without her on tour and on the record. He was pissed that he had to be in FM and not receive instant millions as they did on the Dance. The SYW tour a lot of work for not so many millions anymore... And for Stevie to have to do all that work and put up with LB's big bag of bull****... well it's just not in her best interest.. She can do her stuff, be in charge, hire/fire who she wants, pick the setlist, etc etc... I don't care whom you like better, the bottom line is they need her more than she needs them.. To me, that fact is obvious...

On the other hand, I would rather watch a show with 500 people too.. than 10000 to see the same old tired vanilla arrangements that they've been pumping out since the Dance.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
As for the accusations of lying... I haven't seen an artist yet who's said, "I absolutely loathe my latest album, but please still buy it anyway." At the time of its release, they always put on the best face and promote the hell out of it -- only later does it come out that they were less than pleased with it.
Yes, yes. The situation is somewhat analogous to that of STREET ANGEL, which she started slagging some months after (like on the Mary Turner OFF THE RECORD show). I think Stevie really hates SAY YOU WILL. (I'm with her there!) She doesn't want to make another SAY YOU WILL with the group. She probably hates UNDER THE SKIN too, & worries that another Fleetwood album will be just as awful. She figures Lindsey is still whispering & screeching & making weird noises, & that there's no reason to think he wouldn't do so on a new group album.

By the way, I deplore all this talk of Stevie's "commitment" to the group, as if she stands apart from any of the others on that front. She doesn't. She has no more commitment (whatever that actually is) to it than the others ever did. Saying she could have left after each of her solo triumphs doesn't mean ****. Any of them could have left. No one was forced to stay in the group, ever. This idea that career necessity is what forced the others to stay in the group, whereas Stevie already had a great career outside the group & so returned only out of commitment & virtue, is bunk. It pulls the rug out from under the others before even giving them a chance to do an entrechat six or a demi-plié. It's akin to applauding the rich man for his healthful diet when the poor man eats nothing but bologna. Commitment must stand on an equal footing of circumstance & opportunity. Besides, Stevie was treated like a moron for many years in the group, but still didn't leave. That's not commitment. That's dumbness.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it's just a discussion. I don't care if people like Stevie more than Lindsey... really. It's nice to have the "we're in a super secret club" feeling that hardcore Lindsey fans have. :P

To say that I don't like Stevie at all would be unfair. It's just that... a few selections aside... I haven't cared for anything she's done since 1980. The voice and songwriting just isn't cutting it.

As far as commitment goes, I think the only award there should go to John McVie.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What you can't really see is that in the end (around 6:20) when they are dancing with each other, she is singing to him -- from where I was, it looked like she was singing "were we just dreaming" -- I cried if not sobbed.
You ... sobbed?

Had you been drinking heavily?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer if Stevie left the Lindsey bashing at home. Not because I feel bad for the guy at all
I know you don't feel bad for Lindsey. You never did. You always feel bad for Stevie!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David - I disagree. I think La Nicks was committed to FM and she stood by that. I think much of it came out of her love for the other four and, more directly, her unresolved feelings for LB and her desire to help him, perhaps out of guilt for leaving him once his production greatly helped her skyrocket. Similarly, I think she also loved being in FM and the prestige it got her despite the heartache. That she never left when times got bad and only left once LB and CM were gone or going is supportive of my point. Was she a fool for not leaving? Perhaps. But, her being a fool is not the same thing as her commitment

Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
. . . Had you been drinking heavily?
Hello - the day ended in "ay"

Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=David;750783]Yes, yes. The situation is somewhat analogous to that of STREET ANGEL, which she started slagging some months after (like on the Mary Turner OFF THE RECORD show). I think Stevie really hates SAY YOU WILL. (I'm with her there!) She doesn't want to make another SAY YOU WILL with the group. She probably hates UNDER THE SKIN too, & worries that another Fleetwood album will be just as awful. She figures Lindsey is still whispering & screeching & making weird noises, & that there's no reason to think he wouldn't do so on a new group album.

[QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more....
Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I love, love, love Stevie to death, but this LB bashing is getting OLD! I've always been "about" her when it came to FM, but say the last 10 years, realized it's a band, and every member has a major contribution. Hearing this about LB is just mean.
Every "job" has it's BS to deal with, but for crap sake, they are singers. Can't you all just get along, call it a day and cash in on ANOTHER Rumours revival? When FM hits the road, and I don't mean if, cause I am 100% that they will do this, it's gonna be Mick that plays mediator, and it'll be a smashing success and then in 2010 when Stevie does another interview to promote a "same Ol" tour (that I can bash all I want but will prolly be at multiple shows cause I'm a dumbass) she'll start in with how the 2009 tour was unpleasant, and blah, blah blah.
Seriously, I just can't figure why she is being so negative. I used to figure it was the journalists twisting her words around and mis-quoting to generate interest, but now I'm gonna just have to wake up and realize Stevie can be not so nice.
I totally agree with you....Stevie needs to grow up and get past all this Lindsey anger.....she'll be 60 yrs old. It appears she's not using it to write songs anymore...so whats the point really. Keep it to yourself. That 'drama' has been over for so long now...the records getting mighty old if you ask me. As sad as it my be get over it/move on...don't go back to FMac. Be done with it than Stevie. I'm sure we'll have 'another' interview were she'll be all sweet about Lindsey & FMac etc. We know how she really doesn't know what she says in all these interviews....I really love Stevies music etc...but I'm tired of all this stuff.....its day has come and gone really....old news now........IMO that is........
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 04-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what cracks me up, is everyone's saying stevie needs to get over it and quit talking about it.

um. what about lindsey? i love him just as much as the next person, but if he's treating her like ****, obviously he has some built up tension going on as well.

i think they both need to get over it (and themselves) and start making great music that I hope they are still capable of making.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
By the way, I deplore all this talk of Stevie's "commitment" to the group, as if she stands apart from any of the others on that front. She doesn't. She has no more commitment (whatever that actually is) to it than the others ever did. Saying she could have left after each of her solo triumphs doesn't mean ****. Any of them could have left. No one was forced to stay in the group, ever. This idea that career necessity is what forced the others to stay in the group, whereas Stevie already had a great career outside the group & so returned only out of commitment & virtue, is bunk. It pulls the rug out from under the others before even giving them a chance to do an entrechat six or a demi-plié. It's akin to applauding the rich man for his healthful diet when the poor man eats nothing but bologna. Commitment must stand on an equal footing of circumstance & opportunity. Besides, Stevie was treated like a moron for many years in the group, but still didn't leave. That's not commitment. That's dumbness.

I completely agree. She's no more commited to the band than Lindsey. I also think it's pretty ridiculous to cite Stevie's solo triumphs when she's basically become a Vegas act, playing the old hits to a bunch of old fans. She may have another solo project in the works, but she hasn't actually released new material since 2001. She seems satisfied to keep releasing compilations instead. I mean, from 1991 to 2007, she released a best of, a box set and yet another best of with only two albums of new material (neither of which, IMO, were anywhere near as good as her previous solo work) in that same time frame. How triumphant is that?

I also find it really harsh to villify Lindsey for being jealous of Stevie's success. Jealousy is a very natural emotion that we all feel from time to time. People are too quick to assume that he doesn't want Stevie to be the success that she is, rather than the more likely (IMO) case of him simply feeling that he deserves the same level of success.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be fair and perhaps to lighten the mood - here is perfect example of FM working as a band and working very well.

I was there four or so rows back from their mics and the tension, angst, love, and fluidity of the music was palpable. If they can work with this result, I say go for it and put the personal BS aside. What you can't really see is that in the end (around 6:20) when they are dancing with each other, she is singing to him -- from where I was, it looked like she was singing "were we just dreaming" -- I cried if not sobbed. Music played with that emotion and that can move people to that extreme should be made IMO.
Thanks for the You Tube video...its great. Where was this at? I love the song Sara....it goes to also show that Stevie can still sing her 'older' songs...even if her voice is lower...she just has to change how she sings them. I think she's just lazy & doesn't like to change her set list up or make excuses for not changing songs etc...theres always ways she can do things so she could sing them....she doesn't want to though...sad but true...IMO....thanks again for the video.....cool
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
what cracks me up, is everyone's saying stevie needs to get over it and quit talking about it.

um. what about lindsey? i love him just as much as the next person, but if he's treating her like ****, obviously he has some built up tension going on as well.

i think they both need to get over it (and themselves) and start making great music that I hope they are capable of.
I often wonder if the drama is stages and they are playing parts in the press. I mean no one has this much drama in their lives. Personally, I think it is all K's fault