The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks Says Issues With Lindsey Buckingham Threaten Her Involvement With FM

http://www.kbsradio.ca/news/music/87/697881

Stevie Nicks Says Issues With Lindsey Buckingham Threaten Her Involvement With Fleetwood Mac
By: Howie Edelson

Stevie Nicks says that ongoing problems with bandmate and one-time boyfriend Lindsey Buckingham may signal the end for her in Fleetwood Mac.

Nicks, who'll be hitting the road next week for a string of spring dates, told Q magazine that the band's tentative tour for next year is up in their air due to personality conflicts, revealing, "Lindsey knows that I did not have a great time during (2003's) Say You Will (album and tour)... He was not being very nice or friendly to me and at my old age I'm like 'Please! I can't do it.'I have a great, great, (solo) band... The only reason for me to do it is for my heart."

She went on to say, "I've always loved being in Fleetwood Mac and I'm never going to be the one to squash it... So if Lindsey Buckingham wants to be the Lindsey Buckingham that he was a long time ago -- and be happy with me and enjoy what I do, and enjoy my celebrity and just appreciate the marvelous gift of being in this elite band -- then I will do it again. I will also walk away so fast that the palm tree tops will fall on his head."

Although Lindsey Buckingham admits that there were tensions during Fleetwood Mac's 2003 tour, he says that the band has yet reached the end of its run together: "We are all friends, I would say quite honesty Fleetwood Mac is still a work in progress. There are pieces of baggage probably that still remain that are in the process of being worked through. I mean, we consider ourselves a band that is not broken up, but we don't see each other a lot, so the distance sort of keeps us from working through things at a quicker pace. But no, I think there are a few chapters left to go."

Last month Sheryl Crow told the press that she would be joining Fleetwood Mac on their 2009 tour. Buckingham says that although there are tentative plans for Fleetwood Mac to regroup next year, and that Crow has been considered to perform with the band, he and the rest of Fleetwood Mac were surprised that Crow would make any type of announcement this early.

Out now is Buckingham's solo CD/DVD Live At The Bass Performance Hall. The disc also features a 45 minute documentary called Not Too Late, which includes behind the scenes footage from the recording of his 2006 album Under The Skin.

Stevie Nicks kicks off her 12-city tour on April 18th in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

READ: "Either Sheryl joins Fleetwood Mac or I am out of there."
Old 04-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WTF does "enjoy my celebrity" even mean???
Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
She went on to say, "I've always loved being in Fleetwood Mac and I'm never going to be the one to squash it..."
She says, after having threatened several times to walk if the others aren't nicer to her ...

Quote:
So if Lindsey Buckingham wants to be the Lindsey Buckingham that he was a long time ago ...
Back around, say, 1980?

Has Stevie noticed that she's the only one in the band who ever publicly says anything snippy about the others any more? The others seem to have grown up or moved on emotionally (or in some cases physically), but Stevie is still spinning romance-novel melodrama out of real people's real lives. And she doesn't even get any good songs out of it anymore!

(Many of them have children & grandchildren by this point, too -- has she considered that before voicing her complaints to the press of tyranny & rotten treatment?)

I consider that payback to the others for their wanting to keep the band going just for big money. John, Mick & Lindsey are reaping what they have sown. Either that, or they don't seem to mind being raked over the coals repeatedly in the newspapers by their lead singer. They're willing to continue whoring it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's been saying this sort of thing (and making similar threats) for what, like 25 years now. It's tired. Aren't they a bit old to be rehashing the same old Love-Em-Hate-Em shizz? We all know the story and the tension, yada yada. IMO, the Mac was done when Christine bolted.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
WTF does "enjoy my celebrity" even mean???
That's the key point. SHE doesn't want to be in a FM with more space for LB. She wants to be the main focus, and at this point it is simple: lindsey has more to offer to the band: better songs, more energy and more maturity.

Leave girl, leave.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks TrueFaith77 for finding and posting the article.

Nicks, who'll be hitting the road next week for a string of spring dates, told Q magazine that the band's tentative tour for next year is up in their air due to personality conflicts, revealing, "Lindsey knows that I did not have a great time during (2003's) Say You Will (album and tour)... He was not being very nice or friendly to me and at my old age I'm like 'Please! I can't do it.'I have a great, great, (solo) band... The only reason for me to do it is for my heart."

First - I would love to know what was said inbetween the elipses.

Second - I read in a book (I don't remember which one), that Stevie and Lindsey snipe at each other in the press. That's how they communicate and they piss each other off in the process. It's *the dance* they do.

Last edited by Betsy; 04-12-2008 at 01:38 PM..
Old 04-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took "enjoy my celebrity" to mean, not be jealous of it.

Personally I don't think Stevie wants to go back to Fleetwood Mac and she's just making excuses for it.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Thanks TrueFaith77 for finding and posting the article.

First - I would love to know what was said inbetween the elipses.

And will there be another Fleetwood Mac record?
I think Fleetwood Mac is thinking about working next year and we'll see how that goes. Lindsey knows that I did not have a great time during Say You Will. Because he was just not being very nice or friendly to me. And at my old age I'm like, "Please! I can't do it". Why should I? I have a great, great band. I just did a show two nights ago that got such a flamingly fantastic review. So the only reason for me to do this is for my heart. I 've always loved being in Fleetwood Mac and I'm never going to be the one to squash it if I think there is this much hope. So if Lindsey Buckingham wants to be the Lindsey Buckingham that he was a long time ago - and be happy with me and enjoy what I do, and enjoy my celebrity and just appreciate the marvellous gift of being in this elite band - then I will do it again. I will also walk away so fast that the palm tree tops will fall on his head.

It's in the Q magazine article I posted here:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35622
Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As narcissistic and self serving as Stevie's comments may seem, I understand her position very well. She can walk if things don't go the way she wants them to. And I'm sure working with Lindsey is a chore for her.

I also think the reason she so often speaks negatively against him and sometimes Mick in the press is that she herself has limited power within the band. As an undervalued voice, she has most likely felt like the rebel child trying to buck her oppressive parents.

Mac with just the male trio could be very interesting indeed. But most likely a compromise will be hammered out because, let's face it, without Stevie, the project will be much smaller scale and less lucrative--sure to make Mick nervous.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
That's the key point. SHE doesn't want to be in a FM with more space for LB. She wants to be the main focus, and at this point it is simple: lindsey has more to offer to the band: better songs, more energy and more maturity.

Leave girl, leave.
I totally agree with that. If she's not happy with Fleetwood Mac she should walk.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours=ticket salesPERIOD
Old 04-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love, love, love Stevie to death, but this LB bashing is getting OLD! I've always been "about" her when it came to FM, but say the last 10 years, realized it's a band, and every member has a major contribution. Hearing this about LB is just mean.
Every "job" has it's BS to deal with, but for crap sake, they are singers. Can't you all just get along, call it a day and cash in on ANOTHER Rumours revival? When FM hits the road, and I don't mean if, cause I am 100% that they will do this, it's gonna be Mick that plays mediator, and it'll be a smashing success and then in 2010 when Stevie does another interview to promote a "same Ol" tour (that I can bash all I want but will prolly be at multiple shows cause I'm a dumbass) she'll start in with how the 2009 tour was unpleasant, and blah, blah blah.
Seriously, I just can't figure why she is being so negative. I used to figure it was the journalists twisting her words around and mis-quoting to generate interest, but now I'm gonna just have to wake up and realize Stevie can be not so nice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 04-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie knows she holds the cards for a FM tour to be a huge success. Even if a Mick, John and Lindsey band emerged- I don't think it would garner anywhere near the attention that it would had Stevie been involved. People can say that it would. But it wouldn't.

And I would hate to see FM on a big oldies bill with, say, Boston (with a new singer), Journey (with a new singer) and The Cars (with a new singer).

Shades of the Bekka and Billy era!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Stevie knows she holds the cards for a FM tour to be a huge success. Even if a Mick, John and Lindsey band emerged- I don't think it would garner anywhere near the attention that it would had Stevie been involved.
Ofcourse it wouldn't fill any arena. No question. But it would be a show ten times more intense and better. And I don't care if I'm watching a great show with 500 people. It's always better than watching a lackluster one with 10.000 others. She doesn't WANT FM anymore.