Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Howard Stern mentions F-Mac

I was listening to Howard Stern at work and he happened to be talking about Soundstage. He said that on his day off yesterday or so he got really roped into the Fleetwood Mac concert. I always wondered what he'd think about the band, and he actually had a lot of good things to say!

He basically was explaining how neat it was to watch their performance after all the history they've been through. Of course, as is the norm with Howard he had things slightly off (Stevie was married to Lindsey and then was banging the drummer, apparently). But it was neat to watch them 'all in love' now and able to sing these romantic songs to one another on stage, as opposed to back when they were in turmoil and whatnot.

He said 'first right away I want to say that Lindsey Buckingham has to be one of the most underrated guitar players in the world' which is definitely the usual thing I hear DJ's or TV hosts say about him the most. He also went on to say that Stevie's still pulling off twirls and manuevers like she did when she was hot. He then goes into how it's weird when chicks are hot and then become fat when you haven't seen them in a while (he wondered if Lindsey had to be thinking 'how did I ever bang this chick?' while he's singing to/with her, hehehe). But other than Stevie's shift in body frame, he had nothing but positive things to say! Even complimented Mick on being a kick-ass drummer who looked like he was going to keel over behind the set but kept going.

He played Stevie's dedication to Lindsey and went into Landslide for a bit, and then played the opening of "The Chain". It made my day - I totally expected him to bash them for being a washed up band or something like that, but he actually recommended the concert bigtime and said he'd love to go see them live. Too late, Howard :-D

Just figured I'd share. It made my day.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 09-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Very cool. I love the old Stern 1990 interview w/ John and Chris, it is a riot. (Mick was too stoned to really speak much and Rick Vito didn't have headphones!) Howard kept harping on why LB had left the band, how stupid that was etc.

Gosh I used to listen to Stern every day, back in my former 'pre-kids' life.

-Lis
Old 09-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I work from midnight to 9am, so once you get to 6am you're pretty much flatlining. So when he comes on it really wakes you up and keeps you going when my Red Bull and caramel machiatos have worn off :-D I really didn't like him at first (as most people tend to do) but I've warmed up to him a lot since then.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 09-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if it occured to him to wonder if Christine ever thinks when she looks at John "how did I ever bang this guy?" now he's got a bit more condition on him? Or if Stevie ever thinks about Mick "how did I ever bang this guy" now that he's bald?

Or can those sort of thoughts only happen to men?

Gail
Old 09-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>I wonder if it occured to him to wonder if Christine ever thinks when she looks at John "how did I ever bang this guy?" now he's got a bit more condition on him? Or if Stevie ever thinks about Mick "how did I ever bang this guy" now that he's bald?
Or can those sort of thoughts only happen to men?>>

Yeah, it seems to be ingrained in society that a man can stay attractive, or get *more* attractive, as he ages, but the same is not true for women. We get older, we get heavier, we go grey, things sag a little...while the same things happen to a guy and he is said to look 'distinguished'. hmmph.

FWIW I still think Mick and John look adorable. Frankly IMO Mick looks better than he ever has, I find him pretty sexy these days.

-Lis
Old 09-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I wonder if it occured to him to wonder if Christine ever thinks when she looks at John "how did I ever bang this guy?" now he's got a bit more condition on him? Or if Stevie ever thinks about Mick "how did I ever bang this guy" now that he's bald?

Gail
According to Howard, it's only men, lol. Figures that today is the day I called in to work today so I missed my usual a.m. Howard drive.

I've heard him briefly mention Mac & Stevie a few times in the past, usually talks about how hot Stevie was back in the day. And always positive stuff about thier music. It would be so great if Mac would go on Stern, but I'm sure they never would. I can only imagine what La Nicks thinks of the show

Paula
Old 09-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very cool. I love the old Stern 1990 interview w/ John and Chris, it is a riot. (Mick was too stoned to really speak much and Rick Vito didn't have headphones!) Howard kept harping on why LB had left the band, how stupid that was etc.

-Lis
Yeah, I think that interview is hilarious. He was really focused on Lindsey's hair for some reason saying it was too high. lol. I especially love the part where he asks Christine what "Behind the Mask" is about and she says it's about a creep and he says so "it's about Lindsey then." LOL. I can tell that Mick and Christine were really annoyed in that interview.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Yeah, I think that interview is hilarious. He was really focused on Lindsey's hair for some reason saying it was too high. lol. I especially love the part where he asks Christine what "Behind the Mask" is about and she says it's about a creep and he says so "it's about Lindsey then." LOL. I can tell that Mick and Christine were really annoyed in that interview.

Ah, would I love an mp3 of today's rant, as well as the 1990 interview!
Old 09-17-2004, 01:53 PM

I know she's got a great sense of humor. But since FM is so PC with the media. I can't imagine them on Howard Stern.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I think John and Chris did a great job fielding Howard's innapropriate questions, such as, "So do you guys ever feel any of that old passion for each other?" A man after my own heart.

And another favorite: "Isn't your wife jealous that you're out on the road w/ Christine?"
John: "Nah, she's out out w/ her boyfriend!"

LOL they were hysterical. Mick did have some outbursts but they were minimal, he was out of it.

-Lis
Old 09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezamatic
It made my day - I totally expected him to bash them for being a washed up band or something like that, but he actually recommended the concert bigtime and said he'd love to go see them live. Too late, Howard :-D

Just figured I'd share. It made my day.
That's ubercool. But it would be hard for even howard to bash a band that are so obviously great live performers and great musicians....
Don't like him to talk about Stevie that way, but of course it's just what he would say...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-17-2004, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I think John and Chris did a great job fielding Howard's innapropriate questions, such as, "So do you guys ever feel any of that old passion for each other?" A man after my own heart.

And another favorite: "Isn't your wife jealous that you're out on the road w/ Christine?"
John: "Nah, she's out out w/ her boyfriend!"

LOL they were hysterical. Mick did have some outbursts but they were minimal, he was out of it.

-Lis
Lis, do you have this interview anywhere?
Old 09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh

Gail
Do you not know what type of show Stern's is and who his target audience is?

Old 09-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How dare he say that about Stevie???!!!!

Okay, I am not going to go crazy but I mean for a woman pushing 60, Stevie is hot, hot, hot! Sure, some of the candid photo's of the tour aren't that flattering but she looks stunning on the Live in Boston DVD.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
How dare he say that about Stevie???!!!!
Yes, how dare he make a crude comment about a celebrity! C'mon, man, this is Howard Stern. And while everyone can disagree, he has a point. She most certainly is not what I'd classify as "hot." Pretty? Hell yes. Gracefully aged? Hell yes (with the assist of mucho pancake make-up and possible face work). But not "hot." She's too matronly to be "hot," IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Okay, I am not going to go crazy but I mean for a woman pushing 60, Stevie is hot, hot, hot! Sure, some of the candid photo's of the tour aren't that flattering but she looks stunning on the Live in Boston DVD.
Because she's wearing pancake make-up three inches thick. But she does look particularly good during Rhiannon and Gypsy.