Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Carne and I are a decent-sized following? I don't ever see anyone but the two of us say that it's such an amazing song! LOL

As for the sludge comment, I guess we'll be even from now on when discussing WISYA (as we always do...).
*hehehe*

I know Jason also likes it, and I'm pretty sure Christy and Nancy do as well. And I know I've seen at least a few others mention it in their setlist wishlists, so I assumed it's a favorite of theirs.

But yeah, the two of you are definitely the ones who talk it up the most.
It's your own personal "When I See You Again."

Don't know why there's so many doors in the hallway
Don't know why I'd rather stare at the stairs
Turn me off, turn me out
But don't ask, "what's the matter, baby"

When I see you again, will you save me a place
When I see you again, will you be amazed
When I see you again, will your great eyes still say
"I"ll come running if you love me today"
Old 04-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
BTW - at the Chicago thing I belted out harmony with LB on the chorus on SMAP and considering I was on like the third row . . . That makes me the Pres. of the Club. See how quickly my acumen allows advancement within the ranks. Not to worry though, we can hold meetings in my HUGE SUV ( Dissention )
Just because the club is run by elitists it doesn't mean we have an open door policy for assholes.

Check yourself!

Old 04-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ladies and gentlemen, the handsome and talented Johnny Stew!

BTW - Johnny Stew this is shipperdom at its finest. The merger of LB and SN in prose because you know that is what they really meant!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 04-20-2004 at 03:57 PM..
Old 04-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The lyrics to SMAP are heart-wrenching. Therefore, I was immediately drawn to this song like a moth to a flame. When he wants to, Lindsey can pull at the old heart strings. A lot of times though, it's the way he combines nostalgic, bitter-sweet sentiment to minimal lyrics. Perfect examples are:SMAP (of course), IKINW, and TSYHA.

And then there are his angry songs...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Well of course you're welcome. Although...everytime I see your avatar I have to scratch my eh............

chesthair.
Ah yes and remember thousands of the little fellows will be with you tonight and tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In case you feel lonely one day- you're not

But when it`s time to move on, Roy Makaay could very well be the next to be my avatar. My little Netherlands-tribute...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
But when it`s time to move on, Roy Makaay could very well be the next to be my avatar. My little Netherlands-tribute...
That's a lot better!!!!

So that'll be your new avatar until that one day this summer in Portugal. Then you're going back to the friggin' bedbug, I presume.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run
You know Diamondsnake may be the most provactive of anyone on this board.....Each day he posts a new thread. The title is often a question to all ledgies. The post itself can at times be filled with statements written in the manner and innocence of a 15 year old, but man they sure do get this board jumping. I am not even going to get into the issues of taste and perception vs fact that he often blurs....So yeah, as Hayley says someday he may become more mature, but until then he will surely continue to drive the discourse on this board.
Look, I am a 15-year-old, but I don't think that means I lack the maturity to understand Lindsey's music. I have ears! And to me, his stuff on Tusk doesn't sound good. I love his stuff on every other album, I just think he went a little too far on this album. I love his stuff on SYW, which is a tad "out there", but his songs on SYW still sound like music to me. His Tusk stuff sounds strange.

Also, if you think I "drive the discourse on this board" and you don't want to be involved in it, then don't open up the threads with my name under them.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Lindsey's Tusk stuff, it's Chris' material that leaves me cold. It's just dull.

Save Me A Place and The Ledge are two of Lindsey's best songs.
Really, you don't like any of Christine's stuff on Tusk? And, I agree, I like the Ledge (that is the "counting on my fingers" song, right?)

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Really, you don't like any of Christine's stuff on Tusk? And, I agree, I like the Ledge (that is the "counting on my fingers" song, right?)
I like some of it, but for the most part, I think it's very weak. Brown Eyes and Think About Me are her best. I'm not a big fan of her '79-'82 songs, anyways.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
That's a lot better!!!!

So that'll be your new avatar until that one day this summer in Portugal. Then you're going back to the friggin' bedbug, I presume.
Well unfortunately I must say this time I guess you're right. On the other hand you guys could very well use some penalty practice before the summer gets closer, right...?
Anyway I like him- the "Tor-Phantom", he's a very down to earth sympathetic guy out of the field. So here we go... with Roy

Last edited by stefan; 04-20-2004 at 05:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like some of it, but for the most part, I think it's very weak. Brown Eyes and Think About Me are her best. I'm not a big fan of her '79-'82 songs, anyways.
That's weird. Brown Eyes and think about me are my least favorites of Christines. I love Honey Hi, Never Forget, and Over and Over. But I guess, when I think about it. Her contributions aren't that great on this album.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Christine

Yeah, her Tusk songs aren't my faves either. I love Think About Me and Brown Eyes, but the others, eh. I think my fave collection of Christine songs is from Tango. I love ALL of her songs on that album. My second fave collection would be from MTM.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Yeah, her Tusk songs aren't my faves either. I love Think About Me and Brown Eyes, but the others, eh. I think my fave collection of Christine songs is from Tango. I love ALL of her songs on that album. My second fave collection would be from MTM.
Yessss, now normally comes my time... I have said several times that my own copy of TUSK is without Christines tunes as I don't see them fitting into the album concept. I only left Think about me in. After the discussion we had several weeks ago I gave it a fair chance and rethought that. I still absolutely can't stand Brown eyes, Honey Hi and Never make me cry. Sorry in my opinion and ears they are awful boring. But... I have to admit that Over and over really grew on me. I like it now. Never forget is also O.K.
I also think that Stevies and Lindseys tunes build the perfect balance on Tusk as different as they are.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
On the other hand you guys could very well use some penalty practice before the summer gets closer, right...?
No, Stefan. A dutch player is just not capable of that. We have to do it in regular time. And I love ALL Christines songs on Tusk. Cause it's surrounded by out-of-sace-quality from the other two. She provides rest, cool breezes and there's some harmony on her songs that's priceless. I never skip a song on Tusk. Although it's percepted as a melting pot of individualistic outings, for me this album is a whole. An entity. For me there is no album in rock-history that is so much more than the sum of the parts as Tusk is.

If the dutch team has one-tenth of that this summer, noone's going to beat them.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Everyone seems to be doing exactly what you just did gerald... Making a statement.