Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
No, no, I had a copy of it I think on CD, & I can't find it. I haven't seen it for quite a while ... like three years ...??

I can't find my copy on CD either.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I can't find my copy on CD either.
ha! I lost mine as well a few months ago and ended up buying a new one. Come to think of it...my best friend lost her copy and had to get another one...hmmmmmm.

Where are all these "The Dance" cd's running off to?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
ha! I lost mine as well a few months ago and ended up buying a new one. Come to think of it...my best friend lost her copy and had to get another one...hmmmmmm.

Where are all these "The Dance" cd's running off to?

It's a plot!!! They're slowly gathering, infused with the energy of the fans who lost them, to take over the world!!! Hurray! First they'll do a 10 month take over of the U.S., then the next leg of their takeover will be Europe, then Australia. Then we'll get a DVD of their takeover. It's their pattern.
We've cracked it, by jove!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-23-2006 at 02:56 AM..
Old 02-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
It's a plot!!! They're slowly gathering, infused with the energy of the fans who lost them, to take over the world!!! Hurray! First they'll do a 10 month take over of the U.S., then the next leg of their takeover will be Europe, then Australia. It's their pattern.
We've cracked it, by jove!
Well its an album with Chris in the mix...so I'm ready to be brainwashed
Old 02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD

With one fell swoop of The Dance they became a nostalgia act.
I still think it beats a lounge act, which is what they eventually became after LB left.

I first noticed The Dance as a CD in a UK record store. Bearing in mind we get no Mac coverage over here I picked it up and thought it was some odd compilation with a new airbrushed cover. I got it and took it home. Put it on and was really in amazement that it was a new live album with Buckingham. I was blown away by Big Love, Go Insane and especially I'm So Afraid which I think is the definitive version of that song. So I bought the video and then the DVD, which I think was the first music DVD ever released in the UK too. (note: I also got the CD Advance of the album, The Chain promo CD single, the Big Love single and the Brit Awards outstanding contribution to music CD with 3 Dance tracks)

That album got me reaquainted with the band culminating in bumping into a certain chiliD on a certain file sharing program that was popular around the turn of the Millennium. He directed me here and unfortunately for the rest of you I'm still around five years later.

Last edited by madformac; 02-23-2006 at 02:43 PM..
Old 02-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Ah. So Stevie actually sucked you into the Mac vortex initially. Interesting.

BTW - I MUST add this, I almost forgot about it. When The Dance came out, I was working at a group home with profoundly developmentally disabled kids. When I say profound, I want to explain - they couldn't talk, walk, feed or dress themselves, etc. And even though we always called them "the kids", many were older than me (I was 22 at that time.) Most of them were small for their age, had facial/skeletal deformities and various medical problems.

So. Louis. I love that boy, he was my favorite. He had a very large head & cranial deformities, and curly blond hair. I used to call him my lion. Despite his different appearance, he was so regal and handsome. His spine was so twisted that his usual position was laying on a mat on the living room floor his left side, propped up on his left elbow, legs curled up behind him. If he could see, I couldn't tell - he never really focused on anything. But sounds really got him going - whether it be someone saying his name, yelling, something dropping & breaking on the floor, whatever. He loved noise, he would either yell "Whooooo!" & start pounding that one good left hand on the ground or start laughing hysterically. He especially loved when someone sneezed - cracked him right up!

My friend Ryan (yup, that's right, gay boyfriend #1 ) worked with me there - actually, that's how we met. We both started really getting into The Dance & whenever it was on TV, we would put it on while we were at work. I noticed that Louis really, really got excited whenever The Chain started - I think it was the drum intro. I thought it was a fluke, but he never got that excited over any other music! Others started noticing it too. It seemed that he reacted most to Stevie's voice, guitar solos & heavy drums & bass.

The Chain, Dreams, Silver Springs, ISA, Tusk - these I can vividly remember him listening to - his eyes would open up wider, he would swing that big ol' head around & around & tap his hand on the floor, every once in a while letting out a "whooo!" Over the next few months, I bought him the VHS tape, the CD and the agency took him to the concert in November '97. He loved it.

So, maybe that's another reason I'm still in love with it. To get those "kids" to react to something, to be able to communicate with them SOMEHOW, since verbally & visually was not an option, was just an amazing thing. When is happened, it just blew me away. I haven't seen Lou in a few years, I really need to go & visit him again. I hope that they still play his CD for him once in a while. He has great taste in music.
Oh my God. This story is very moving to me as I work in a school for children with developmental disabilities and found myself in the same situation last year. Where I work the age range is from 8 years old until 21 when they graduate and get placed in a group home. The children here range from autisitic to multiple disabilities and conditions. Last year my class was very low functioning. One student Evan is 17, with severe autisim. Evan cannot speak but he loves music and wearing a walkman. The cd's we had for Evan were the usual childrens sing a longs. However one day I brought in The Dance and this boy was mesmerized completely. After a while I would ask him "Evan do you want your music" and he would bang the opening drum riff from The Chain on the table. I would also sing Silver Springs to him and he would tear up, it was astounding to me. Working there touches me right to the core. He also gravitated to Stevie's voice as I started to bring in more Mac. He also loves Stand Back. He goes balistic with that one.

Although my "son" happens to be Johnathan who was in my class last year and graduated last year. He cannot speak wears braces on his legs and was a terror. He was a little violent and would pull hair, and basically attack people. I remember my first day with him. It took a while but he was a completely different person with me and was always by my side. At first he would scratch me so much that my hands looked bizarre, like I was into self mutilation or something. I had to walk him down the aisle at the graduation and the whole place applauded. I still go visit John and sometimes it may be a month or two between visits but they never forget and the look of happiness on his face is priceless. So go see Lou and it will be like no time has passed. I feel so good after my visits with John and so does he.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69
Oh my God. This story is very moving to me as I work in a school for children with developmental disabilities and found myself in the same situation last year. Where I work the age range is from 8 years old until 21 when they graduate and get placed in a group home. The children here range from autisitic to multiple disabilities and conditions. Last year my class was very low functioning. One student Evan is 17, with severe autisim. Evan cannot speak but he loves music and wearing a walkman. The cd's we had for Evan were the usual childrens sing a longs. However one day I brought in The Dance and this boy was mesmerized completely. After a while I would ask him "Evan do you want your music" and he would bang the opening drum riff from The Chain on the table. I would also sing Silver Springs to him and he would tear up, it was astounding to me. Working there touches me right to the core. He also gravitated to Stevie's voice as I started to bring in more Mac. He also loves Stand Back. He goes balistic with that one.

Although my "son" happens to be Johnathan who was in my class last year and graduated last year. He cannot speak wears braces on his legs and was a terror. He was a little violent and would pull hair, and basically attack people. I remember my first day with him. It took a while but he was a completely different person with me and was always by my side. At first he would scratch me so much that my hands looked bizarre, like I was into self mutilation or something. I had to walk him down the aisle at the graduation and the whole place applauded. I still go visit John and sometimes it may be a month or two between visits but they never forget and the look of happiness on his face is priceless. So go see Lou and it will be like no time has passed. I feel so good after my visits with John and so does he.
Isnt it nice how music can do positive things lilke that?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

The Dance means a lot to me. I got the DVD about a year ago and it was the first Fleetwood Mac DVD I ever bought, turning me from a sort of casual fan into a proper fan.

At first, I insisted on only playing the songs that I already knew, but soon realised that I knew a lot more than I thought I did! When I started playing more of the songs, Silver Springs in particular totally blew me away, and to this day, it still does, every single time. I wasn't aware of the significance of the song, or even that the Dance was a reunion tour, but after seeing the DVD, I wanted more.

The rest, as they say, is history...
Old 03-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
What does the DANCE mean to you?

I don't know but if this was sevenwondersonline I'd give you about half a billion Karma Points for posting that "shippy" picture of Mulder and Scully dancing!!! . . . Kudos to you.

From "Rain King," right??? Or was it "Post-Modern Prometheus?"
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
I don't know but if this was sevenwondersonline I'd give you about half a billion Karma Points for posting that "shippy" picture of Mulder and Scully dancing!!! . . . Kudos to you.

From "Rain King," right??? Or was it "Post-Modern Prometheus?"
It's from PMP.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
I still think it beats a lounge act, which is what they eventually became after LB left.
LOL. Now you're just playing with semantics. The bottom line is that Fleetwood Mac has been playing it painfully safe since the "Tango" tour, regardless of who's in the band. The only difference is that with Ian & Sylvia back in the fold, we KNOW we're never going to get something that even appears somewhat different. And, adding two never played songs from "Tusk," while being a good start, is akin to putting a band-aid on a freshly amputated arm.

THE Stephen Hopkins