The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Nicks says she doesn't know whether she'll ever be on board with new FM album

not sure when exactly she was interviewed, but if it was during a week FM was on their break before Canada, then this is probably the most current thinking:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...od+Mac+News%29

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...bum-while.html

relevant excerpt -

They'll have to be, considering the Fleetwood Mac world tour will stretch far into 2015. That's why Stevie says she can't say right now if she'll join the rest of the band in the studio to record a new album, as Mick Fleetwood says he hopes she will in his new autobiography.

"I don't know, because nothing can be done on that until we're done, and we have another seventy shows until this American tour is done, then we have Australia, then we have Europe. This isn't gonna be done until this time next year," Stevie tells ABC News Radio about the prospect of a new Mac album. "So, I don't know how I'm gonna feel in a year."

"I don't know whether I'm gonna wanna go back to my own thing or whether I'm gonna wanna sign up for another year of making a record," she adds. "I don't really know what I'm gonna wanna do then."

Fleetwood Mac is currently on tour in Canada. They'll return to the U.S. next week but have dates scheduled in North America through March.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

my 2 cents...

1. It must be weird for the rest of FM to be touring with her and I assume be really excited about the music that Chris and Lindsey have already recorded and not be able to get a commitment from her about a new FM record. I can only imagine that they are frustrated, especially since Stevie always used to sound so nostalgic for the days that Chris was still in the band. I was assuming that once Chris came back, Stevie would be really excited about that too, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

2. Can they not just go in the studio and get a record done in 2 months? They have a large percentage of it done already.

3. Could it be that Stevie doesn't have any new songs, doesn't write with Lindsey or Chris, and for whatever reason doesn't feel OK with just saying that? If that's the case, why not pick a few of her old songs that didn't make it on to 24 Karat Gold?

4. I really really really want a new FM CD with all of them on it. I'm curious as to what will happen if Chris and Lindsey do want a new CD with their songs and Stevie doesn't want to add anything. Would they release a new CD without and songs with Stevie on lead vocals? Or without Stevie at all?

5. The drama with FM never stops, does it?

Kevin
Old 11-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There you have it. This has been her sentiment since this tour was planned last fall. I was bummed when she said it then but figured she would changer her mind eventually. Nope. It has zero to do with her not having songs.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Crazy. Who knows what her reasons are, but why tour if she won't record? If she doesn't want to do it, Lindsey and Christine should just finish it without her.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The band should just give her an ultimatum at the end of the tour: You're in or you're out, but we are going ahead with an album. I'll bet she get in the studio in a hurry then.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Crazy. Who knows what her reasons are, but why tourr.
???????????? MONEY ???????????? her 2nd favorite thing to talk about
Old 11-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

*Cough* Australia? *Cough*

As for the rest, yawn. Can't even make myself even a little worked up over it at this stage, honestly. It is what it is.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I don't know, because nothing can be done on that until we're done, and we have another seventy shows until this American tour is done, then we have Australia, then we have Europe. This isn't gonna be done until this time next year," Stevie tells ABC News Radio about the prospect of a new Mac album. "So, I don't know how I'm gonna feel in a year."
So this tour will go into October/November of 2015?
Am I reading this correctly? If true, I guess far more dates will be announced. I suppose a second leg of the west coast will also happen.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

I am a frequent reader but very seldom post anything because it seems like posts from "new fans" or new members are not to be commented on.

Anyhow....and if anything I will probably get bashed for this but I admire her for being honest about not being on board for a new record and not knowing if she ever will be, instead of giving promises and do things that perhaps she knows will not make her happy and do it just out of duty and not with her heart in the right place.

She commited to a new, quite extensive tour with FM right after getting back from a huge tour - jumping on a new tour that NEVER would have happened if it weren't for Christine returning. So even if it has been Stevie's dream to have Chris back why should she feel obliged to commit to everything that the rest of them wants just because Chris is back???

If it means a new FM record without Stevie so be it. Go Stevie!! Considering how loyal she has been to Fm (that's my opinion) over the years I think she has the right to do what ever makes her happy at this stage in her life, especially since there seem to be so many things that she would still like to do the next ten years.

That was my 2 cents I guess...... now going back to my "only reading not posting" state of mind....
Old 11-13-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

As for the rest, yawn. Can't even make myself even a little worked up over it at this stage, honestly. It is what it is.
I'm so glad to hear they are coming to Australia.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm kind of with her on this.
They are all nearing 70 and touring must be tiring plus they've got at least another 6/7 months of it.
They can't tour and make records as far as she sees it.....they made the decision to tour first, so the Album will have to wait.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
So this tour will go into October/November of 2015?
Am I reading this correctly? If true, I guess far more dates will be announced. I suppose a second leg of the west coast will also happen.
if true, yes.

which also mean that FM77's info about tour ending in June 2015 is old info, not currently true anymore.

it's also funny how SN thinks that her 3-4 songs will need a year to record while 15 or so already recorded (with 8 practically finished) needed only 2.5 months.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
They can't tour and make records as far as she sees it.....they made the decision to tour first, so the Album will have to wait.
yes, she seems in for the money grab, but not for creative endeavors.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
yes happy for you and all my Aussie friends, that this seems to be finally confirmed!

Old 11-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes happy for you and all my Aussie friends, that this seems to be finally confirmed!
Would've been happier if it was last year's tour at last year's prices but I'll take what I can get, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"