Addicted Ledgie

http://www.observer.com/2010/real-es...state-industry
Malcolm Gladwell, and What Fleetwood Mac Can Teach the Real Estate Industry
Old 06-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://musicsongvideo.com/2010/06/27...mac-the-dance/
Fleetwood Mac – The Dance | Music Song Video
By musicsongvideo
Age has not been kind to Stevie Nicks. She has packed on a few pounds and has lost her upper register. Many of the Fleetwood Mac songs were written or co-written by her. Lindsey Buckingham was always clever enough to play over some of ...
Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Wonderful Music of the Band Fleetwood Mac

Monday June 28th 2010, 2:47 am Tagged Fleetwood, Wonderful
Filed under: Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac is a band of both British and American musicians and singers that was formed in 1967. They continued well after 1974, and in fact, they are still together, but it is believed that the first seven years were their best years. The current members of Fleetwood Mac consist of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

The name of the band was created from the names of John and Mick, though, only Mick Fleetwood has been with the band from the time it began until now. In fact, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham may have been with the band for a long time, but they were not in the band when it was first created. The band is probably best known for its revolving door, in that there has been a high turnover of the other people involved in the band.

When Fleetwood Mac was first created in 1967, it consisted of Mick Fleetwood, who was interested from the start, Peter Green, who brought up the idea of putting the band together, Jeremy Spencer and Bob Brunning. Peter Green had wanted John McVie in the band from the start and had partly named the band after him in order to win him over, but he had other interests at the time. However, Peter Green was not going to give up. He brought in Bob Brunning, but he and Bob Brunning had the understanding that if Peter Green was able to get John McVie into the band, Bob Brunning would have to leave.

It was not until after Fleetwood Mac’s debut that John McVie became interested and agreed to join the band. Their first album together was released the year after, in 1968, which was not long before they released their second album in the same year. Before their third album, the band added in one more member, because Peter Green was not happy with Jeremy Spencer’s lack of interest in cooperation with his music.

This was the start of the high turnover of the members of the band that would continue for a number of years. Even Peter Green, who was the one who formed the band, was unable to continue with the band throughout its long life. Apparently, he had been spiked with LSD, which led to the deterioration of his mental health.

For a time, it was believed that Fleetwood Mac was the most popular band in the United Kingdom. They were never a controversial band like The Doors, and were more focused in their music. They mostly focus on three music genres, including blues rock, pop rock and basic rock. These particular genres were popular at the time the band first formed and are still genres that are enjoyed by young and old alike today. They have been so successful, that Fleetwood Mac was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998, but it would not mark the end of the band. The band would continue to play and tour, even with the retirement of another member shortly after the induction.

http://chumphonlive.com/blog/kelliwi...fleetwood-mac/
Old 06-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It absolutely breaks my heart to have to put Fleetwood Mac on this list, because I've always liked them so much, especially the tracks "Dreams" and "Rhiannon", which are nothing short of beautiful. But this song is an abomination. The lyrics - ugh. "Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone." Thanks for reminding me, assholes. I already regret that I've lost so much of my life to depression, I really don't need a reminder that I've wasted yet another day because I can't manage to hold my head up without sobbing my heart out. Jerks. My only consolation is that maybe Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham were LSD-tripping when they wrote this - I could possibly forgive them.

http://www.mordacious.org/2010/06/so...tely-sick.html
Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BUCKINGHAM NICKS
Buckingham Nicks POLYDOR, 1973
Misty-eyed Fleetwood Mac fans would call this 1973 debut by young lovers Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks a classic, but those who come to it having gorged on Rumours and Tusk might be underwhelmed. What is remarkable about Buckingham Nicks is that there has never been a CD repress of this cult record. Perhaps the duo, who own the rights, would rather it stays that way. Certainly, Polydor washed its hands of the couple shortly after the LP flopped: longhaired and bell-bottomed, much of the pair’s Cali folk was indistinguishable from that of fellow LA minstrels. Nevertheless, “Without A Leg To Stand On” and “Long Distance Winner” are superb, displaying the flair that convinced Mick Fleetwood to invite them to join his rudderless outfit in 1974.
EXPECT TO PAY: Ł30 for a mint vinyl copy

http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/index.ph...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Spaceship Mac
Tuesday, June 29, 2010

8-track tapes, Albums, Posters... All Fleetwood Mac, all the time.
What were we thinking in the 70s?

He’s got a Fleetwood Mac poster, a Fleetwood Mac LP and at least two Fleetwood Mac 8 tracks. Sure, Fleetwood Mac was big in the seventies but to have almost exclusive reference to one band seems odd. But maybe there is a reason behind it?

Not only has Wozniak publically stated that Fleetwood Mac is one of his favorite bands, but in 1982 a suddenly rich Woz sponsored (spending upwards of 15 million of his own money) the US Festival (that is pronounced as the pronoun, not as initials). This cultural and music fest was designed to rival Woodstock and incorporated more than just music, including technology as well. The first of what were two US Festivals was held September 3 – September 5 near San Bernardino CA. It featured artists such as The Police, The Grateful Dead, The Ramones, Talking Heads, Jimmy Buffet, Tom Petty, Pat Benatar and you guessed it; Fleetwood Mac. In fact Fleetwood Mac was considered the headliner, closing out the last day of the event. Clearly Wozniak has a warm spot in his heart for the band. Jobs on the other hand has zero connection to Fleetwood Mac, he was always more of a Beatles kind of guy.

Going even deeper Lindsey Buckingham (Male Lead singer of Fleetwood Mac) went on to record “Holiday Road”. This song was used in the 1983 movie “Nation Lampoon’s Vacation”. Vacation is of course about Chevy Chase taking his family on a bumbling adventure to a Disney style park in California (Wally World). Many do not realize that the movie is based on an original short story written by John Hughes titled “Vacation ‘58” in which the family visits Disneyland and Walt Disney himself ends up getting shot in the leg! Beyond those connections is the fact that Fleetwood Mac has “Mac” right in its name… “Mac” as in short for Macintosh the famous Apple computers.

http://www.parkeology.com/2010/06/spaceship-mac.html
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham

June 29, 2010

The 12 years I was in Fleetwood Mac before were not particularly happy years. I was not in a very good place, psychologically, when I left. I didn’t have a lot of confidence in what I was doing. – Lindsey Buckingham

In 1973 I bought the album, yes, the VINYL RECORD of Buckingham Nicks. This was before Fleetwood Mac scooped up the duo and created a music machine around them. I was 15 and had never heard a voice like Stevie Nicks’. It was quite similar to my own fledging vocalizations and I was mesmerized.

Lindsey Buckingham. Never was a fan. Thought he was a bit pretentious and certainly less than genuine. I’ve since understood that many performers suffer from a deep shyness and use pretension as a protective barrier. Even understanding that, I never liked the guy.

I recently caught a Fleetwood Mac performance on Palladia from 2004 and listened and sort of watched as I was cleaning the house. That when my opinion about Lindsey softened.

At one point he’s ripping through a lead and he kneels in front of the crowd, allowing them access to his instrument, his presence, his sweat and there is a moment when a male fan is looking directly at Lindsey and Lindsey is looking at him and they smile at each other.

I got cold chills and tears welled in my eyes. It was a divine moment between a performer and a fan.

We should go for those divine moments whether we’re writing a newspaper article, feeding a baby or performing in front of 10 or 10,000. Chances to make a cosmic connection are the universe’s way of saying, “Here is a gift. Pass it on.”

Approach life as a performance, a chance to allow your heart to walk around outside your body for a bit. There is beauty everywhere. Love abounds. Gifts are meant to give. Give yours freely, unaffectedly and abundantly.

http://alunatunes.wordpress.com/2010...ey-buckingham/
Old 06-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Three quizzed in Paris over Ikin death
June 30, 2010 - 6:19AM

French police have detained three people on suspicion of foul play in the death of Australian rock music executive Peter Ikin, including his former lover, sources connected to the case said on Tuesday.

Ikin, a former Warner Music executive and friend to stars such as Elton John and Fleetwood Mac, died of an apparent heart attack aged 62 at his Paris home on November 12, 2008.

His will named his live-in partner, a Parisian man in his 40s, as the principal heir to his multi-million-dollar fortune

But the inquiry into his death was reopened 18 months later after Ikin's relatives filed suit in Britain, claiming the will was forged.

Ikin's partner was taken into custody for questioning early this month and detained, along with a couple on suspicion of forging inheritance documents, the sources said. All three deny the accusations.

Investigators now believe the Australian businessman may have died after taking an abnormal dose of prescription drugs.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0630-zjq4.html
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

therethere55 - // my favorite albums: 06/2010
By therethere55
Once you get over the dazzling and obvious perfection of "Rumours," you'll find yourself craving a wittier, weirder, messier Fleetwood Mac. "Tusk" swerves, ducks and dives through ideas both strange and beautiful. ...
therethere55 - http://therethere55.livejournal.com/
Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But alas, I was growing up. It had to happen. In 1978 for my 12th birthday, my brother, Vern, gave me Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' album (yes, I'm talking vinyl) and suddenly out went the Cassidy brothers, posters and all (sorry, boys), and in came adolescence along with my lifetime love of Rock & Roll. Especially the aforementioned group whom I fear I will never get to see in concert. Lindsey Buckingham's guitar riffs and Stevie Nick's wonderfully gravely voice still make my motor run.

Ahhh...'Fleetwood Mac', 'The Eagles', 'Boston' (R.I.P. Brad Delp).....the memories and their legendary music still lives within me and my CD collection.

http://theendoftherainbowlifeafterba....blogspot.com/
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
June 29, 2010

I recently caught a Fleetwood Mac performance on Palladia from 2004 and listened and sort of watched as I was cleaning the house. That when my opinion about Lindsey softened.

At one point he’s ripping through a lead and he kneels in front of the crowd, allowing them access to his instrument, his presence, his sweat and there is a moment when a male fan is looking directly at Lindsey and Lindsey is looking at him and they smile at each other.
I got cold chills and tears welled in my eyes. It was a divine moment between a performer and a fan.

http://alunatunes.wordpress.com/2010...ey-buckingham/
I love those moments too, and Lindsey gives his fans lots of them

I believe this is the moment the writer's talking 'bout - at about 2:50...

-----------------------------
Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/01/271...taurateur.html

May 1, 2010
HEADLINE: Eatery expands, rebounds with help

BYLINE: Bob Shallit bshallit@sacbee.com

BODY:

What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago, Michael Keolanui was considering closing his Texas Mexican Restaurant in downtown Sacramento because of slow business in a location between the dreariest stretch of K street and the creepy Greyhound bus terminal.

Today, Texas Mexican is doing well, if not thriving. And the buoyant Keolanui is opening two new eating spots -- one in midtown, the other in El Dorado Hills.

What happened? First off, his landlord, the city of Sacramento, heard of Keolanui's plight and offered lower rents, he says.

At the same time, investors stepped up to help the businessman and his wife, Griselda Barajas, expand.

The midtown site? "It was a no-brainer," he says of the chance to open a more upscale eatery -- the Tex Mex Bar & Grill -- in a site where he could keep night hours and serve alcohol.

Opening in June, it will have DMX lighting, a "tequila tower" behind the bar, a booming sound system and 10 big-screen TVs.

"Sort of a cross between Chevy's and Senor Frogs -- on steroids," Keolanui says of the former Taco Loco site at 2326 J St.

As for the El Dorado Saloon, which also opens in June, it will have casual dining -- "American comfort food with a Latin twist" -- and lots of outdoor seating.

A key attraction at the site near the intersection of Green Valley Road and Francisco Drive: a $30,000 mechanical bull -- suitable both for kids and serious cowboys. "You can make it as gentle as you want it or as rough as you want," he says.

Midtown 'rumours' No, a "Fleetwood Mac" frenzy isn't descending on midtown Sacramento.

But it may look that way as banners, posters and T-shirts start popping up with a slogan that happens to be the name of one of the classic pop band's hits:

"Go Your Own Way."

The slogan is incorporated in a logo developed for a new marketing campaign by the Midtown Business Association.

Any connection with the song is coincidental, says association exec Rob Kerth.

The idea? Convey a sense that midtown's a haven for free thinkers.

"There's something here for everybody," Kerth says. "You don't have to do what you're told or (do anything) when you're told. You can go your own way."

The logo was unveiled to MBA's board this week. The campaign rolls out in coming weeks.

Can we expect to see Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks performing at Second Saturday events? Sadly, no.

Westward expansion Speaking of the MBA, it's just "annexed" 15th Street.

Since 1983, the association has identified its western border as 16th Street.

Now, it's extending its sphere of influence to include eateries and other businesses between 15th and 16th. Those firms now can pay dues and participate in MBA activities.

Says MBA President Aaron Zeff of the newly targeted businesses: "They look and act like they are in midtown -- and they want to belong."

Fill 'er up Now that he's signed up gourmet burrito purveyor Chipotle, developer Paul Petrovich expects to have his 3-year-old Stone Pointe center 100 percent full by the end of the year.

As we reported Thursday, Chipotle is taking a 2,000- square-foot space, leaving just two vacant spots in a Freeport Boulevard center that initially was slow to draw tenants.

One is likely to be taken by a Chinese restaurant. Lease talks should be resolved in 30 days, the developer says.

The last location? It probably will be taken by existing tenant Pet Extreme for expansion.

Petrovich says he could have leased up the center more quickly. He had interest from tax accountants, a tanning salon and a check-cashing business, among others. But he says he held out for higher-quality tenants.

"It pays off," he says, "to get the best tenants to match your (neighborhood) demographics."
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk

Tһіѕ book іѕ аח іח-depth look аt Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk, one οf tһе mοѕt unusual albums еνеr released bу a major rock band.
List Price: 12.95
Price: 7.65
Eligible for FREE SHIPPING
*Some restrictions apply. Click here for details.
List Price: See Details$12.95You Save: (40%) $5.30Our Price: $7.65Shipping: $4.10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy.com Total Price: $11.75
Qty * Ships from and sold by Buy.com

Temporarily Sold Out.
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!
Alert me when this item is in stock.

http://www.buy.com/prod/fleetwood-ma...tml?adid=17662
Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Spaceship Mac
Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the US Festival (that is pronounced as the pronoun, not as initials).
I had absolutely no idea!
You're so like me
Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This qualifies as a MacNugget because it's about Stevie AND Lindsey

July 4,2010

Edge of Seventeen

I recently came up with the idea for a dual, cool-person reading club. Since the club was my idea, I gave the first suggestion. It was The Ghost Road by Hemmingway of our age, Mark Jenkins. She liked it, which made me happy, and her thoughts are available to read here.

For my first assignment, I was told to peruse a website of Stevie Nicks quotes, and just kind of respond. I admit that what follows is somewhat melodramatic, but I’m talking about rock stars, so it’s hard not to do.

I think that there is a connection that comes from creating something with another person. It’s the chemistry between mothers and fathers, and slightly differently between band mates. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham had love for each other, and they shared the bond of co-creation. That must have been truly extraordinary.

Then the way it all ended… Lindsey Buckingham seems to be incapable of sustaining his relationship with Stevie beyond the passion they had during the music and fame and creativity. Stevie says that at one point the relationship devolved to the point that she would “walk into a room and he'd become the most sarcastic, unpleasant man on the face of the earth.”

I have a picture in my mind. It’s of Lindsey Buckingham sitting in a basement. He’s holding court over a group of hippies. There’s smoke in the air, and three joints are being passed around the group. Beer, whiskey, maybe there are some girls are in the corner doing lines. It’s Lindsey at home, relaxed, everyone in the room is less rich, less famous, less smart and less creative than him. He’s grinning, and offhandedly strumming an acoustic guitar.

Then Stevie walks in. The girls wipe their noses, a few of the guys start rolling more joints, they act distracted, everyone is looking away. Lindsey puts down the guitar. Tension fills the air. Then Lindsey says something terrible.

He doesn’t mean it. Not really. He is lashing out nonsensically. He’s suspicious and paranoid and conflicted. I think he wants control, control of his environment and the people within it. He loves Stevie, but she isn’t his, not really. She is her own person. In her love she has given herself to Lindsey, but not completely, she doesn’t let herself.

She does this not because she is some violent feminist, but because she is scared. She does not know what she is scared of, but she thinks she knows how to fight her fear. She fights it with personal strength, independence, creativity and, when these fail, the drugs.

They are both wealthy and famous, and they love each other, they really do. But each is governed by some indelible flaw that serves like wall between them. And every night Lindsey worries about Stevie’s faithfulness, or tears into her esteem with mean words and passive aggressiveness, the bricks build and build on this wall, until one day the two wake up and realize that the wall is so tall that it blocks out the other completely.

And then the love dies. But it's a love that will leave countless people will share in for years to come.

http://climbingmasculinity.blogspot....seventeen.html