User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine playing guitar on The Ledge

I just got a couple of DVDs off ebay and one of them was rare promos of FM

It has The Ledge - Rehersals with Christine playing guitar. Has anyone else seen this?

Also one of the other disks which is called Out of Time I think was at some promotional event in Japan and she was signing autographs (with her left hand) and then she said "I'm going to have to blow my nose now - don't take a picture of me blowing my nose!"

Some of the footage was very confusing - at one point Stevie seemed to be hugging every man she saw!

I haven't seen all of it yet but I think it's the Rosebud film

Very odd

Gail
Old 02-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
It has The Ledge - Rehersals with Christine playing guitar. Has anyone else seen this?
I haven't seen her playing on "The Ledge", but I saw her play on "Save Me A Place" when I saw them back in 1979

Quote:
Some of the footage was very confusing - at one point Stevie seemed to be hugging every man she saw!
Only hugging?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have one of those Tusk rehearsals. She plays guitar on "The Ledge" & "Save Me A Place". She looks very cool doing it too.

Quote:
Also one of the other disks which is called Out of Time I think was at some promotional event in Japan and she was signing autographs (with her left hand) and then she said "I'm going to have to blow my nose now - don't take a picture of me blowing my nose!"

I haven't seen all of it yet but I think it's the Rosebud film
No, that's not the Rosebud film. That's from that 1977 Japan documentary. I hope you have the whole thing. There are several interview segments with Chris & she is very funny & very drunk.

Last edited by macfan 57; 02-09-2006 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-09-2006, 09:38 PM

yeah she looks comfortable no matter what she plays...
Old 02-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=macfan 57]I have one of those Tusk rehearsals. She plays guitar on "The Ledge" & "Save Me A Place". She looks very cool doing it too.

!!!!!!!!! How friggin' cool.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
No, that's not the Rosebud film. That's from that 1977 Japan documentary. I hope you have the whole thing. There are several interview segments with Chris & she is very funny & very drunk.
There's not too many interviews with Chris but a lot of backstage footage of not very high quality. At one point she's talking to a lady who I think is Mick's mum. The first disk starts off with them playing World Turning at an outdoor venue and the title comes up as "A film by Rosebud" but from what your're saying it doesn't sound like the Rosebud film

She does look incredibly cool playing the guitar though.

The quality of all the disks is not good but the whole thing has a slightly surreal air to it.

Gail
Old 02-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's not too many interviews with Chris but a lot of backstage footage of not very high quality. At one point she's talking to a lady who I think is Mick's mum. The first disk starts off with them playing World Turning at an outdoor venue and the title comes up as "A film by Rosebud" but from what your're saying it doesn't sound like the Rosebud film

She does look incredibly cool playing the guitar though.

The quality of all the disks is not good but the whole thing has a slightly surreal air to it.

Gail
You must have a bunch of stuff spliced together, including Rosebud & some of the Japan footage. The Japan doc has 2 casual interviews with her. One of them, the interviewer asks her what it's like to be a sex symbol & she replies, "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks" She also talks a bit about her dog. Mick's mother is in the footage that I have too.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You must have a bunch of stuff spliced together, including Rosebud & some of the Japan footage. The Japan doc has 2 casual interviews with her. One of them, the interviewer asks her what it's like to be a sex symbol & she replies, "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks" She also talks a bit about her dog. Mick's mother is in the footage that I have too.
Yes I think you're right I've got a bit of a mixture. It definately hasn't got the "I dunno ask Stevie Nicks" bit in it. It has got footage of her opening a present and having great difficulty doing so. It turns out to be a small mirror. She kisses the giver of the gift and then says "I really need one of these" She does sound as if she's had a couple of lemonades!

Gail
Old 02-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I think you're right I've got a bit of a mixture. It definately hasn't got the "I dunno ask Stevie Nicks" bit in it. It has got footage of her opening a present and having great difficulty doing so. It turns out to be a small mirror. She kisses the giver of the gift and then says "I really need one of these" She does sound as if she's had a couple of lemonades!

Gail
I have 2 separate video tapes of the Japan documentary. That's on the second tape(Part 2). There's also alot of great performance footage on that particular tape. You should try to get the first tape(Part 1) sometime. That's where those 2 interviews are. There's also the bit about her dog being gay. Very funny stuff!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gail
Yes, it's up on youtube. I LOOOOVE seeing her with a guitar!

Gail, some of the other stuff you mentioned sounds funny. I'd love to see these!

Quote:
"I'm going to have to blow my nose now - don't take a picture of me blowing my nose!"
Hmmmm, I think she meant "powdering"...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=macfan 57]There's also the bit about her dog being gay.QUOTE]

LMAO, what? Dog get into the habit of wearing "lezzo leather jumpsuits" or something?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=goldustsongbird]
Quote:
There's also the bit about her dog being gay.QUOTE]

LMAO, what? Dog get into the habit of wearing "lezzo leather jumpsuits" or something?
She mentioned that her dog & another dog(both male) liked to "have fun" with each other.

Both of those interviews are hilarious. She was totally sloshed & said whatever thought crossed her mind. If you ever get a chance to get the Japan documentary, Part 1, get it. Those 2 very casual interviews are worth it alone. They're both about 10-15 minutes each.

Last edited by macfan 57; 02-11-2006 at 06:41 AM..
Old 02-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Yes, it's up on youtube. I LOOOOVE seeing her with a guitar!

Gail, some of the other stuff you mentioned sounds funny. I'd love to see these!

Hmmmm, I think she meant "powdering"...
No she does actually blow her nose - quite noisily in fact!

Gail
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

She mentioned that her dog & another dog(both male) liked to "have fun" with each other.
Yeah, weren't the two dogs brothers or something, and Mick had adopted the other one? And then she said something like they were little and didn't know better.

Quote:

Both of those interviews are hilarious. She was totally sloshed & said whatever thought crossed her mind.
I adore that interview footage, she is so funny.
Sloshed as she was, though, she still absolutely refused to get into who Songbird was about, didn't she? This was before she'd come up w/ the 'Songbird was for everybody' story. IMO she knew good and well who she'd written it for, but that song was just too personal for her to want to discuss too deeply, (esp since poor Curry was sitting next to her, knowing good and well it wasn't about him!) That little bit always makes me sort of cringe when I watch it!

-Lis
Old 02-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here I thought this was going to be about Chriustine coming in here and jamming out ALA Ted Nugent.....