User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'll say it AGAIN. I am not a Lindsey loyalist. I liked ALL of the band until the tambourine witch started saying these idiotic things in the press and then refused to record with the band. She can't get her stories straight about anything and it's GOD DAMN annoying. Paraphrasing "oh I won't record because music doesn't sell" "i got inspired and recorded In Your dreams" "I had to tell the members of FM that we can only tour every three years" "Lindsey didn't want to tour for a year and we can't just sit here, working is what we do." STFU
You’re right, she should have been honest that she was never going to record with him and now she is not going to tour with him. Own their decision to fire him. But I will say it AGAIN too for the millionth time...she didn’t just make these incidents up. He played a role in his own firing. I get that many of you don’t like it, but it’s what the rest of the band went along with.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

stevie was too busy talking about herself
how does she know what they were even doing

oh no Lindsey BREATHED ... fire him
I'm glad someone appreciates me!

btw.. did you come in at Street Angel? I got hooked around /Wild Heart.. I had posters and everything.. I mean, there were clues I was gay.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
He knew that he would ruin the experience of many including his own fans. I just keep asking myself why?
I guess he was tired of letting lies go unchallenged.

Our friend Sugar Mouse said, several times, that if the band were really telling lies, then SURELY Lindsey would have said something. Sugar Mouse used Lindsey's silence as "evidence" that the band's story was legitimate.

Now Lindsey HAS said something. I, for one, am glad to have it out in the open, as much as it pains me.

As for ruined experiences, Stevie is the one who ruined the experience for me when she destroyed my favorite band.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
You’re right, she should have been honest that she was never going to record with him and now she is not going to tour with him. Own their decision to fire him. But I will say it AGAIN too for the millionth time...she didn’t just make these incidents up. He played a role in his own firing. I get that many of you don’t like it, but it’s what the rest of the band went along with.
what incidents do you refer to? Making faces while she spoke? That's a fireable offense? There's a great scene in the Tusk doc where he's saying something and she rolls her eyes and twirls her finger beside her head in the "he's crazy" motion. Should he have insisted she be fired for that??

So let's see.....making a face, and bitching coz he didn't think they should have played a recorded song before going on. Fireable offenses.

Refusing to record, refusing to tour and holding up the band from touring because of it for almost two year such that Mick goes to Playboy and other media to whine about her not touring and saying he feared it was causing the demise of his band.... NOT fireable offenses.

Got it.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be upfront here while I am a fan of the band, I definitely prefer Stevie and Christine to Lindsey. I have been and remain excited to see the new incarnation of the band. I also have tickets to see Lindsey who I have seen every time he has toured my area. I am excited for his show. I think there are a lot of takeaways from this article. I wasn't there and based on what I read I can see where this just went wrong in so many ways. Here are some takeaways from my viewpoint:

1. Stevie DID issue the ultimatum. How she presented it is not entirely known as we are wading through a bit of telephone for what got back to Lindsey via Irving Azoff. She may have said "Everyone - I'm 68 years old and we're still fighting the same fights. I just don't think I can do this anymore with him. I have to leave the band." Then everyone convinces her to stay saying they will fire him (maybe Mick's decision and he called everyone to get them to agree to it). OR it may have been "He's the worst person ever. Fire him now or I walk." We do not know which way it was issued - all we know is that it did come down to a him or me but there is a world of difference between even those two "him or me" statements.

2. Lindsey DID ask to delay the tour. He did not, seemingly, ask to delay as long as has been inferred in other interviews. To be fair here this section has always been a bit confusing from the CBS interview as far as how much time he allegedly asked for and I think as spectators we all believe a four month extension is not too ridiculous especially when they waited for Stevie to end her tour to even plan this one. That said there clearly was a request to delay and it was one of the fights.

3. Stevie did get her friend Mike Campbell in the band. Given the fact that this was a surprise to Mike to get this call and given that Stevie has known Mike for decades it seems unlikely to me that this was significantly pre-meditated. Tom died four months before this call. How premeditated could it be? Seemingly the Lindsey tour delay conversation had already happened and already gone poorly but Tom probably was alive when that happened or had just passed away (just a guess). If he had just passed away then I could also see the delay conversation be even more dramatic "We could die at any minute..."

4. Lindsey still, LIKE STEVIE, likes to get his way. One of the pieces here (and again as a Stevie fan I grant you I am reading it with the viewpoint) that sticks out to me is this
Quote:
“It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he says. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”
Read that again. He's STILL arguing about it. I can see where at 68/69 years old that would get tiring. No one, not even the most ardent Lindsey fan can argue that his perfectionist mentality and belief that he is always right can be a roadblock in healthy relationships (which to be fair nearly all humans suffer from this from time to time). Stevie is guilty of this too, of course but it seems strange to me to know something was one of the reasons you parted ways with your band and you still are inferring "It's unfortunate, especially because I wasn't wrong and they did things the wrong way by letting Rhiannon be our intro music."

5. No one has spoken since the ultimatum went down. It is ridiculous that no one has replied to him. Regardless of legal worries which I can imagine there are some and probably still lingering - it is insane for not one person to even pick up the phone so that it's not in writing if that is such a concern. Hard for either side to move forward from such an impasse and this seems to rest squarely with the band and their advisors. As for Lindsey saying it was all Stevie. He actually doesn't even KNOW the conversation that happened. He knows what was told to him by Irving but he clearly states in the article (and from his instagram) that he hasn't had any contact with the band. This is horrible but means even he is inferring exactly what happened based on what a 3rd party (granted an involved 3rd party) is telling him.

I am sad this happened but I can also understand it happening and be excited for the opportunities this presents ALL the performers involved. I'm happily going to see this incarnation of the band Fleetwood Mac and I will happily see Lindsey and get to hear 40+ songs between the two set lists!

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks

Last edited by thepoetinmyhear; 10-10-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And there we have it, & "from the horses mouth", as everyone had demanded. The expected and suspected confirmation, at long last.

Raise your hand if you are stunned, STUNNED at this, I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's even worse than what I speculated, because I at least thought there was a real fight.... not "he smirked at me."

I am beyond disgusted with Stevie.

I am never seeing Fleetwood Mac again.
Nance, good decision, and you know you'll not be missing a thing. Such good, real, new, exciting QUALITY music out there in the world! Piles of it waiting to be discovered and cherished! Have fun digging for treasure.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Have I ever told you that I love you?
Yes, in the Indiana pool when I came to visit. You were wearing a black dress, weird gloves on your hands and funny boots to make you look tall. But, I knew you weren't tall even though you wore those boots.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear View Post

1. Stevie DID issue the ultimatum. How she presented it is not entirely known as we are wading through a bit of telephone for what got back to Lindsey via Irving Azoff. She may have said "Everyone - I'm 68 years old and we're still fighting the same fights. I just don't think I can do this anymore with him. I have to leave the band." Then everyone convinces her to stay saying they will fire him (maybe Mick's decision and he called everyone to get them to agree to it). OR it may have been "He's the worst person ever. Fire him now or I walk." We do not know which way it was issued - all we know is that it did come down to a him or me but there is a world of difference between even those two "him or me" statements.
this is not how it went down. Her manager doesn't call LB up and say, "the band has decided to keep stevie by firing you" he calls and says Stevie has a list of things that piss her off and "Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again" and then that she gave the band an ultimatum him or me.

Telling your manager and having your manager tell Lindsey that you never want to set foot on a stage with him again is not oh golly I'm going to leave and the band begging her to stay. That's her saying he goes or I go. It's not ambiguous at all, though people want it to be.

Read the article again:

A couple of days later, Buckingham says, “I called Irving and said, ‘This feels funny. Is Stevie leaving the band, or am I getting kicked out?’ ” Azoff told the guitarist he was “getting ousted” and that Nicks gave the rest of the band “an ultimatum: Either you go or she’s gonna go.”

She gave them an ultimatum. You get rid of him, or you lose me.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
This article does him no favors. Those of you who can't see it can't see the forest through the trees.
So how does this article make Stevie look good?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
So how does this article make Stevie look good?
I never said it did. That article is no bueno for anyone.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-10-2018 at 10:19 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this is not how it went down. Her manager doesn't call LB up and say, "the band has decided to keep stevie by firing you" he calls and says Stevie has a list of things that piss her off and "Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again" and then that she gave the band an ultimatum him or me.

Telling your manager and having your manager tell Lindsey that you never want to set foot on a stage with him again is not oh golly I'm going to leave and the band begging her to stay. That's her saying he goes or I go. It's not ambiguous at all, though people want it to be.

Read the article again:

A couple of days later, Buckingham says, “I called Irving and said, ‘This feels funny. Is Stevie leaving the band, or am I getting kicked out?’ ” Azoff told the guitarist he was “getting ousted” and that Nicks gave the rest of the band “an ultimatum: Either you go or she’s gonna go.”

She gave them an ultimatum. You get rid of him, or you lose me.
I actually presented two different possibilities to show that there is a world of difference in ultimatums. Respectfully I don’t believe either of us were there and it is possible it went multiple ways. I presented those two as extremes. The truth is probably in the middle and the ultimatum came after many calls with many people and their representatives. That is just my opinion and I present it only as such, not fact.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks
Old 10-10-2018, 10:19 PM

"“I don’t think there was ever anything that was just cause to be fired. We have all done things that were not constructive. All of us have worn on each other’s psyches at times. That’s the history of the group.”

Sounds a lot more honest than what the band put out.

I'm so disgusted with this woman. $he is the one $mirking now.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whoever was doing that thread with the timeline as the band tried to paint it vs what we were learning needs to go back and add this info in

the LB RS article says he was watching the Grammys on 28 Jan when Azoff called him. Musicares was on 26 Jan. So if you try and mesh this with the stories told by Mick and Stevie and everyone in the tv and especially the RS recorded interview, they say that they had to "think carefully" before making a decision, and Mick had to get everyone onboard, and they had to convince John it was the right decision and Chris didn't know till she got back from England. (would be useful to know when that was) Coz that's just 2 measly days from Musicares night to LB getting the phone call. So Stevie pulled that trigger IMMEDIATELY, and within two days Mick had convinced John to go along. And was Chris then ever even consulted and asked for a vote, or had Mick as we suspected rigged it so 3 of the 4 had already voted to oust him, so her opinion didn't matter?

TWO. DAYS. and then they hid behind Azoff, with no guts to call him directly. Mick is a steaming turd pile.

Mike Campbell's birthday is 1 Feb, which was just 4 days after they called Lindsey. No wonder Mick wouldn't answer Lindsey's texts over the next few weeks.. He'd already been replaced and no one had the balls to tell him. And it didn't take long to contact Finn.

That's awfully dam fast. From Musicares to firing Lindsey 2 days, in which consensus was reach among the 4???? And within 6 days of Musicares Mike is offered a spot in the band. Stevie had that seed ready to plant with Mick didn't she.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear View Post
I actually presented two different possibilities to show that there is a world of difference in ultimatums. Respectfully I don’t believe either of us were there and it is possible it went multiple ways. I presented those two as extremes. The truth is probably in the middle and the ultimatum came after many calls with many people and their representatives. That is just my opinion and I present it only as such, not fact.
You can opine all you want, but Azoff's words are pretty unambiguous,

"Stevie gave the band an ultimatum, you go or she goes". Where in that do you figure she just said "I can't do this anymore" and the BAND were the ones who said, don't go, we'll fire him instead, like it ws their idea to oust him. SHE put that Demand on the table.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Stevie "I'm not the boss in the band"...... total lie.
Would you stand on stage behind your boss and make faces and mock them while they were giving a speech?