User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleHoney View Post
Read this article and just had one takeaway.....dammit Stevie!

I am a Stevie Nicks fan. I am a Fleetwood Mac fan. I am 39 and have been for as long as I can remember because my mamma was. There are pictures of me in a Wild Heart Tour t-shirt at 8 years old, proudly carrying around my kiddie tambourine. My very first concert was the Rock A Little tour and while I dont remember it very well outside of it just being very, very loud but I have been in awe ever since.

I have been a Stevie apologist. I have been a down in the grit Stevie defender. I have been a proud "chiffon head". And today, honestly, I am in shock.

I agree that there are two sides to this story and I REALLY want Stevie to step forward and honestly say what she needs to. What in the Hell brought you to THIS? For good or ill, y'all have been down this road since y'all were practically kids and you threw down an ultimatum FOR WHAT? Him pitching a fit because of Rhiannon? What was this "outburst"?

As much as it pains me to say, I am just disappointed. I just dont know...
Off topic, but..
I can hear your accent through your post and I love it. Where are you from?
Old 10-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't completely blame Stevie even though it is her fault that Lindsey is gone I have been a fan since the 1970s and her behavior is a not huge shock to me .As someone else pointed out she has always been a brat.It is the remainder of the band that really appall me .They are a greedy, tacky and ungrateful bunch of folks. I will still listen to the music that I have but I will not buy their redundant and lame new compilation nor will I ever see them in concert again .Not that their silly karaoke show is much of a temptation anyway.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I don't completely blame Stevie even though it is her fault that Lindsey is gone I have been a fan since the 1970s and her behavior is a not huge shock to me .As someone else pointed out she has always been a brat.It is the remainder of the band that really appall me .They are a greedy, tacky and ungrateful bunch of folks. I will still listen to the music that I have but I will not buy their redundant and lame new compilation nor will I ever see them in concert again .Not that their silly karaoke show is much of a temptation anyway.
Edit....I misread your post.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-10-2018 at 08:25 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Pardon my long post, but your post really struck a chord with me. I know I like to think of FM as a family or as fairly tight friends, but SteveMacD is probably right- they are not close like I like to imagine. This incarnation has made, over the course of 40+years, 5 albums (FM, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, and Tango). And we all know Tusk and Tango were not recorded by the band the way the other albums were. And when they toured, they likely spent very little time together except when they were on stage, and they makes sense, even though, again, I would have liked the idea that before the show, they might hang out and go sight seeing together, or have dinner, or whatever. Clearly they didn't, except when Billy Burnette and Rick Vito were in the band. Billy wrote in his book about how the entire band would jam after a show, including Stevie. Still, that was the exception rather than the rule. Once the band hit it big, any true closeness they had by traveling to gigs in a van or sharing hotel rooms vanished when they started taking jets and staying in individual penthouse suites. So Christine and Mick are close, Stevie and Mick are close, and John and Mick are probably kind-of close. Christine and Lindsey liked each other and had mutual respect, but they weren't close. Mick and Lindsey liked each other and had mutual respect, but they weren't close. And as I mentioned, during the past 40+years, they all probably went several years without communicating. We all know from mid-1987 to mid-1996, there was very little communication between them. Stevie recorded Twisted with Lindsey, and Mick and John worked on an album with Lindsey, but that was it. From 1997-2014, Christine probably talked to no one but Mick. I doubt Lindsey and John hung out, or Stevie and John, or Christine and John, or Christine and Stevie, or Christine and Lindsey. Mick seems to be the glue, if you will.

maybe not family but more like comrades in arms. like a squadron that's been through the war together (hello, hello sad angel.. have you come to fight the war?) they've been in the trenches, they've been through **** together, they've seen each other at their worst... inevitable traveling around so many years. so yeah, there's a bond there. you see things, you don't have to like the person or the action but you have a code that says what happens in the band isn't discussed outside the band.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
aaaannndddd....... waiting for the inevitable "but how do we know that's what happened? He could be making it all up. Of course he's going to say it's Stevie" blah bah blah blah blah.

The "he smirked at me!" is so pathetic it's hilarious. It's like when you're five f'ing years old and you whine to your mommy "he's looking at me!" WTF.

So, the ultimatum was real, the lies about rehearsals were real, the being surprised was real, and him having a rant at Musicares was real.

Stevie "I'm not the boss in the band"...... total lie.
yes. and some of us had this info since the beginning of February, leaked from the camp of one of the other 4, not LBs. so it's not just one side out of 5. it's the truth. his version is EXACTLY what we've been hearing from the other band members' camp, down to the phrases and wording used. except i always assumed it was Mick who called him. turns out there's a reason Mick carries around those wooden balls: he has no balls of his own. and apparently Azoff even didn't feel the need to tell LB that he's the one ousted and left him with the expression that Stevie left the band.

what a bunch of sad spineless lying cowards. remember how Mick told Wendy Welch that it was Christine's fault that Bob was not inducted? does anyone here still believe that?? Mick is a coward.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. and some of us had this info since the beginning of February, leaked from the camp of one of the other 4, not LBs. so it's not just one side out of 5. it's the truth. his version is EXACTLY what we've been hearing from the other band members' camp, down to the phrases and wording used. except i always assumed it was Mick who called him. turns out there's a reason Mick carries around those wooden balls: he has no balls of his own. and apparently Azoff even didn't feel the need to tell LB that he's the one ousted and left him with the expression that Stevie left the band.

what a bunch of sad spineless lying cowards. remember how Mick told Wendy Welch that it was Christine's fault that Bob was not inducted? does anyone here still believe that?? Mick is a coward.
I've known that Mick is a pussy, forever.

Curiosity killed the cat... So if it wasn't Christine, then WHO kept Bob out of the HOF?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

So, those of you in the “know” what else was on the list of complaints besides the Rhiannon intro and smirking? Or did Rolling Stone get it wrong?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Admission of guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Reporter: That's a nice black dress you're wearing.
$tevie: I'm not the boss!!! hahahaha I want to be happy!! Where's my pills?

If Stevie puts out a new album solo or with Fleetwood Mac/Heartbreakers/Crowded House it should be called "Non Sequitir."
(Just tell her it's Latin for "nine sequins" or something.)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This article does him no favors. Those of you who can't see it can't see the forest through the trees.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
This article does him no favors. Those of you who can't see it can't see the forest through the trees.
I laughed my head off at this fact too, knowing they’d say this about Stevie loyalists.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is he difficult? Yes. Is Stevie? Yes. Did Lindsey try to get Stevie fired????? NO!!! F Stevie and the broom she rode in on.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I laughed my head off at this fact too, knowing they’d say this about Stevie loyalists.
I'll say it AGAIN. I am not a Lindsey loyalist. I liked ALL of the band until the tambourine witch started saying these idiotic things in the press and then refused to record with the band. She can't get her stories straight about anything and it's GOD DAMN annoying. Paraphrasing "oh I won't record because music doesn't sell" "i got inspired and recorded In Your dreams" "I had to tell the members of FM that we can only tour every three years" "Lindsey didn't want to tour for a year and we can't just sit here, working is what we do." STFU
Old 10-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Absolutely....cmon Mick how hard is it to write a few sentences back to your band colleague at least out of respect for all he has done to support you these past 40years, its not like you have to see or speak with him directly...its not a big ask (even if legally you felt you shouldnt or your Mgmt advised you not to)

no joke.
not even 'you know i love you, man. but you know i love money more. and stevie is money. we'll talk when the dust has settled. maybe.'

peace.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I mean Christine had a whistle. 2014/2015

stevie was too busy talking about herself
how does she know what they were even doing

oh no Lindsey BREATHED ... fire him

Quote:

go back to your Stevie!board.
where you can bang on about how the sun shines outta her @ss.

if she wanted any respect, she would have come out months ago and said, 'you know what, i was not happy. i had lindsey removed from the band. i am a miserable bitch. but at least i am happy now.'

she says nothing because she has nothing but lies to say.
how can you defend that.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-10-2018 at 09:51 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
He knew that he would ruin the experience of many including his own fans. I just keep asking myself why?