User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Those media outlets all just got the information from that original piece of press with Rolling Stone.
And Lindsey probably will say something eventually, when he does some actual interviews. But he basically never issues press statements and I doubt that at a political fundraiser he's going to go into the specific details about what the band did or did not twist the truth on.
So you agree that at this point we don't know for sure. The media reports one thing, but you say they all have it wrong. Perhaps they do have it wrong but we won't know until Lindsey speaks. Perhaps they have it right and Lindsey did bring on this break-up. We don't know at this point. Let's agree that we don't know what transpired and cease all this one-sided venom aimed at the band.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
This is such a poor argument. What would you say if Stevie said “I hate Lindsey and resent that stupid son of a bitch and his irritating family. How dare he try to correct my grammar fifteen years ago!? I got him back - YOU’RE FIRED BUCKINGHAM!”
This is probably factually what happened, give or take a few words...Sad but true
Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
This is probably factually what happened, give or take a few words...Sad but true
As I was typing it I was thinking the same thing. Probably a few f-bombs. I almost think her intense hatred for him started with that stupid Thrown Down Bob Dylan incident. Was it nearly 10 years later that she still was bringing it up?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
So you agree that at this point we don't know for sure. The media reports one thing, but you say they all have it wrong. Perhaps they do have it wrong but we won't know until Lindsey speaks. Perhaps they have it right and Lindsey did bring on this break-up. We don't know at this point. Let's agree that we don't know what transpired and cease all this one-sided venom aimed at the band.
And there's the reliable people that have zero reason to lie (I'm not talking about those with 'sources', I'm talking about someone like Rick Turner and band musicians) who literally said that the story about the tour delay is not accurate.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And there's the reliable people that have zero reason to lie (I'm not talking about those with 'sources', I'm talking about someone like Rick Turner and band musicians) who literally said that the story about the tour delay is not accurate.
sounds like Mick decided to join the board as Sugar Mouse. surprised it wasn't Wooden Balls.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
As I was typing it I was thinking the same thing. Probably a few f-bombs. I almost think her intense hatred for him started with that stupid Thrown Down Bob Dylan incident. Was it nearly 10 years later that she still was bringing it up?
Definitely a few f-bombs

To be fair, I think after 'the talk' in 2011 and the love fest tour of 2013, S and L were generally on good terms. Fast forward to 2016 and I personally think jealousy of BuckVie and her typical crazy grief ridden behaviour from TP's passing meant Stevie masterminded Lindsey's dismissal
Old 05-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
sounds like Mick decided to join the board as Sugar Mouse. surprised it wasn't Wooden Balls.
Oops! Now you've truly ventured...Behind The Mask

Old 05-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where is the quote from Tumer and others?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. I'm just someone who wants to be fair and accurate and refrain from the one-sided angry junk all over this forum masquerading as fan comments.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. I'm just someone who wants to be fair and accurate and refrain from the one-sided angry junk all over this forum masquerading as fan comments.
we see ya Mick. find your own quotes. plus i gave you a link to the quote from Rick in my first reply to you when you asked for all the info. apparently you didn't bother to read it. bye Mick!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Definitely a few f-bombs

To be fair, I think after 'the talk' in 2011 and the love fest tour of 2013, S and L were generally on good terms. Fast forward to 2016 and I personally think jealousy of BuckVie and her typical crazy grief ridden behaviour from TP's passing meant Stevie masterminded Lindsey's dismissal
And the OWTS tour. I think they needed a break from each other after the 2013 tour (in general I think they regularly need breaks from each other lol) but when Christine came back they got back on the road pretty quickly and so that combined with the tensions over him wanting an album/her not wanting an album made that tour a rougher one for them and instead of just getting over it, the Buckingham McVie album just poured fuel on the fire. And then add her grief over Tom. And then add him trying to 'mix' his solo tour in with Fleetwood Mac which probably infuriated her since likes to tell herself that she keeps her solo career separate and never lets it affect FM and ta da.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And really who thinks hanging a few balls from a toilet around them like a belt is a cool idea........GROSS
Old 05-21-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the OWTS tour. I think they needed a break from each other after the 2013 tour (in general I think they regularly need breaks from each other lol) but when Christine came back they got back on the road pretty quickly and so that combined with the tensions over him wanting an album/her not wanting an album made that tour a rougher one for them and instead of just getting over it, the Buckingham McVie album just poured fuel on the fire. And then add her grief over Tom. And then add him trying to 'mix' his solo tour in with Fleetwood Mac which probably infuriated her since likes to tell herself that she keeps her solo career separate and never lets it affect FM and ta da.
Yes you are right....she would have also said 'how dare you be able to tour both solo and FM together ...I was never allowed'......then more F bombs and possibly C U next Tuesday's....although in your case Lindsey, we won't see you again in FM
Old 05-21-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes you are right....she would have also said 'how dare you be able to tour both solo and FM together ...I was never allowed'......then more F bombs and possibly C U next Tuesday's....although in your case Lindsey, we won't see you again in FM
Whatever blowup happened sounds like it had to be a lot more interesting than whatever stage show has been going on for years nor listening to Neal Finn sing Rattlesnake Shake. Maybe they could tour a play and just play themselves and reenact what happened behind the scenes over the years.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where is the quote from Tumer and others?
It was actually a full conversation (through comments on FB) done with him, the whole thing was posted here as its own thread early on after the news about Lindsey broke. Does anyone know if that thread was deleted?