Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stage Question

Those of you that have been to multiple shows should be able to answer this - does the stage height vary at the shows? I'm thinking not, since they probably have their own they put up each time (unless it's a built-in concrete one).

Thanks!

Jamie
Old 06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Those of you that have been to multiple shows should be able to answer this - does the stage height vary at the shows? I'm thinking not, since they probably have their own they put up each time (unless it's a built-in concrete one).

Thanks!

Jamie
No, it does vary at each show. They may have different fixtures they attach depending on the layout, but stage heights can change. I've seen some where you could lift and rest your arms on it and some where it was higher at neck height.

Michele
Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, it does vary at each show. They may have different fixtures they attach depending on the layout, but stage heights can change. I've seen some where you could lift and rest your arms on it and some where it was higher at neck height.

Michele
They've varied at different shows for THIS tour?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They've varied at different shows for THIS tour?
Yes. I've only seen 4 shows this tour, but the stage height was not the same at all of the 4 shows. As I said, sometimes it is lower and sometimes it has been really high where it is at my neck.

Michele
Old 06-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will attend three shows at two venues this fall, so I will check it out. General Admission all the way (except for Antwerp), so I'll find my way to the stage.

I think stage height has to domwith the height of the venue. I mean lights, P.A.-systems, lightingplan etc. must have a certain design and have to fit. So the only thing you can do to make it fit ismvary with stageheights...
Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been no further from the stage than second row for our 4 shows so far, and I have not noticed a difference in height. They always seem about 5', because my chin basically rests on the stage (I'm 5'5 without my boots on.) Will confirm Wednesday!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. I've only seen 4 shows this tour, but the stage height was not the same at all of the 4 shows. As I said, sometimes it is lower and sometimes it has been really high where it is at my neck.

Michele
Interesting. Thanks.
I've been to one show so far, and the stage was about 5' (kinda high, I think). The next show I go to is July 5th, and I was curious if there'd be a difference since most of these shows have been in indoor amps.

Jamie
Old 06-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The stage at Madison Square Garden and in Albany were both 5 feet. Sucks if you are short because it is difficult to see over the prompters lining the edge of the stage. (if you're up front)
Old 06-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks.
I've been to one show so far, and the stage was about 5' (kinda high, I think). The next show I go to is July 5th, and I was curious if there'd be a difference since most of these shows have been in indoor amps.

Jamie
stage yesterday was apparently much lower than usual (Mansfield). that's why some drunk chick was able to almost steal one of Lindsey's guitars he left sitting on the edge after GYOW.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
stage yesterday was apparently much lower than usual (Mansfield). that's why some drunk chick was able to almost steal one of Lindsey's guitars he left sitting on the edge after GYOW.
Really? Jeez.

I bet you'd have kicked her a$$ if she had tho.

Jamie
Old 06-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I wonder if she would have run off with it or if she was going to give it back after holding it. Well, she was drunk. She probably didn't think things out.

Michele
Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks.

Jamie
I guess, some facilities give them more flexibility to set up than others do. At the Hollywood Bowl, everything seemed to be stationary and unchangeable, so not only was the stage different (although they didn't really let us approach it, anyway) but it was even harder for them to use their usual video set up there. I guess when you use those arenas where they play basketball, hockey and everything else, set up is very flexible and you can just bring in whatever equipment you like.

Michele
Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
The stage at Madison Square Garden and in Albany were both 5 feet. Sucks if you are short because it is difficult to see over the prompters lining the edge of the stage. (if you're up front)
Wow, that does suck. I'm only 4'11"! I guess I don't feel so jealous of the people way up close then. Granted I also attended in a wheelchair so... :P But definitely helps settle my lingering jealous. When Lindsey bent down at one point I looked over at my friend and pouted "They got to TOUCH HIM! Not faaaair!"

I'll have to look through my pictures again though. I don't know if the stage was that high in Detroit (but then I always judge people as being much closer to my own height than they really are!). I was directly on the side so all my pictures ended up included many of the concert attendees up in the front. Yikes. Just looked at some of my prints. There's a few super short girls in the front with their heads craned way way back. Well, no more jealousy for me I guess. Except for the people who got to touch Lindsey...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if she would have run off with it or if she was going to give it back after holding it. Well, she was drunk. She probably didn't think things out.

Michele
Well she did keep saying it wasnt really the guitar she wanted... Lol