The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To bad they couldn't get Chris down for a new interview, and like always the time lineup goes un-mentioned, loved Mick and John on the balcony though. Seeing that Rhiannon performance (was it the rosebud thing? not sure) again makes me wanna have it on dvd, that is one powerful performance of that song. and i liked the line "I was just looking for some spring air. I was looking to breath again" (stevie about Dreams, the constant poet even in interviews)
Nicely flowing documentary overall.

Last edited by marc402; 11-01-2009 at 10:55 PM..
Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was a nice documentary. Cool to see Lindsey in a classic pose int he studio and hear him say that GOYW was inspired by the riff of Streetfighting Man. never knew that.

Also a very open minded Stevie about the coke and Klonokopin.

Not much ' new' information, but some cool footage.

Also cool to see them briefly on that tourist-boat. It was a Dutch harbour-tourboat from Rotterdam (Spido), wonder if there is more footage from that Dutch trip available somewhere....
Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc402 View Post
and like always the time lineup goes un-mentioned
Both BTM and Time didn't get a mention. No mention of Rick and Billy. Which is kind of annoying really. I love BTM and as much as I don't like 'Time', it's still a part of Fleetwood Mac history and should have at least been mentioned as an unsuccessful point in their career. Lets not forget BTM was a #1 in the UK, so I was suprised to see this go unmentioned. LOVE the "Bella Donna" mention though and the clips from Stevie's HBO special. Lack of mention of "Mirage" too - only that it was shaddowed by Bella Donna. LOVED Stevie describing Lindsey on the bathroom floor recording Tusk and how the rest of the band were just like "......oh ok..whatever..." LOL
Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post

Also cool to see them briefly on that tourist-boat. It was a Dutch harbour-tourboat from Rotterdam (Spido), wonder if there is more footage from that Dutch trip available somewhere....
"Them" as in FM on the tourist boat? I would like to have seen that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
LOVED Stevie describing Lindsey on the bathroom floor recording Tusk and how the rest of the band were just like "......oh ok..whatever..." LOL
ROFLOL! Now, that I would like to hear!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
ROFLOL! Now, that I would like to hear!
It was classic. She did this whole impression of Lindsey with his face down on the bathroom tiles going "oooh...ohh..oohh..." into the mic and the band and engineers were just sitting in the lounge area going "....ok?..."
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post

I loved that too! I collect pictures from their stay in Holland in april '77 and that footage was so cool (and they looked soooo drunk!)

Stevie impersonating Lindsey on the bathroom floor was one of the highlights for me, her faces and the noises she was making, it was HILARIOUS!

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It was classic. She did this whole impression of Lindsey with his face down on the bathroom tiles going "oooh...ohh..oohh..." into the mic and the band and engineers were just sitting in the lounge area going "....ok?..."
I'm uploading that first thing when I get home from college... I nearly fell off the sofa.

I really enjoyed it, there were some funny moments like that, and when John and Mick were complaining about the cold in England, then John turns around and says, "I really hope they don't use that..."

They had an interview with Chris dated 2004 ... does anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anyone post it here or on youtube, please???
I wanna see it

Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

TV ratings: The X Factor hits high note
guardian.co.uk
BBC1's Fleetwood Mac documentary, Don't Stop, won its slot with 2.4 million viewers and a 17% share over an hour from 10.20pm. ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...tor-tv-ratings
Old 11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Really enjoyed the documentary

The only thing is Stevie still seems prety pissed off with Lindsey....I thought they were getting on this tour ? lol.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOVED Stevie describing Lindsey on the bathroom floor recording Tusk and how the rest of the band were just like "......oh ok..whatever..." LOL
Now that sounds like one for the annals. Very funny to think about.

Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
TV ratings: The X Factor hits high note
guardian.co.uk
BBC1's Fleetwood Mac documentary, Don't Stop, won its slot with 2.4 million viewers and a 17% share over an hour from 10.20pm. ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...tor-tv-ratings
Good news. I wonder if it sold some last minute concert tickets.

Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was so totally smiling when she almost shouted "shackin'up!!". It underlined the reason why I chose that screenname, I thought she was over that for years now, but it still plays a role- that was completely clear!

It was a good doc. It really flowed. Lindsey playing the rhiannon riff and stevie humming her pianodemo for it was pretty cool....

And the Lindey-on-the-tile-floor-impersonation was hilarious, although she also said: "but then he took those recordings and sped them up, slowed them down, played it though a certain amp" that sounded very respectful and proud.

Last edited by shackin'up; 11-02-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I was so totally smiling when she almost shouted "shackin'up!!". It underlined the reason why I chose that screenname, I thought she was over that for years now, but it still plays a role- that was completely clear!

It was a good doc. It really flowed. Lindsey playing the rhiannon riff and stevie humming her pianodemo for it was pretty cool....

And the Lindey-on-the-tile-floor-impersonation was hilarious, although she also said: "but then he took those recordings and sped them up, slowed them down, played it though a certain amp" that sounded very respectful and proud.
I loved Lindsey and John showing off the Rhiannon riff too. I forgot about Stevie impersonating Lindsey during the Tusk recordings, I don't know how because it was very funny! And Stevie moaned that they were just waiting around all the time for Lindsey to give them something to do According to the Carol Ann Harris book they filled their time up in other ways, and I'm pretty certain that was true given how wild they were back then. Stevie seems to have forgotten that.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I'm uploading that first thing when I get home from college... I nearly fell off the sofa.

I really enjoyed it, there were some funny moments like that, and when John and Mick were complaining about the cold in England, then John turns around and says, "I really hope they don't use that..."

They had an interview with Chris dated 2004 ... does anyone know anything about this?
It was from the videos that were on her web site when ITM was released

Gail