User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Curious on the Crow/Rock rumor...no worries, no holding.

Ha...I read your Harp recap and then the first line of your sig..."don't listen to her"...
Don't listen to her... live anyway. lol

Twitter me
Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by snicksfan85 View Post
Rumor has it, they're together. (Crow and Rock) Don't hold me to that. It's just what I heard...
That's not a rumor- they dated in '01-02'ish. They went to the TISL record release dinner together.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
That's not a rumor- they dated in '01-02'ish. They went to the TISL record release dinner together.
I know that. But they haven't been together that whole time. The rumor is that they are back together...

Twitter me
Old 06-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Glad you all had a great time!! Sounds like you all had one, that's for sure!

Interesting how the first 15 rows could go up. If I had known that- my mom and I might have potentially gone and just stood by Stevie the whole night! Oh well!!! Live and learn!

Future reference- Sommett Center allows first 15 rows!
they told us it was the band's private security allowing and encouraging it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's pretty interesting that Sheryl was there. And Stevie acknowledged Michelle Branch in the dedication.

Michele
stevie actually dedicated landslide to sheryl crow AND Michelle Branch, calling Sheryl "my dear friend"

Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad I was able to go. It really was a good one. And the best set list I've seen.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

awck stevie's voice is really scratched out on silversprings.
maybe they should cut this from set before her throat gets any worse.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
stevie actually dedicated landslide to sheryl crow AND Michelle Branch, calling Sheryl "my dear friend"
Oh! Thank you. Michele
Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took my mom to the show for Mother's Day. I purchased front row seats, but that was a totally waste. All that money for nothing.
This is the first time they actually let people who weren't on the front row up at the stage. Otherwise, I wouldn't have paid front row prices, but I'm glad for you guys who got to get closer though.

Oh Well (lol), we got there in time to stand a little right of Stevie on Lindsey's side just behind a very short older lady. Therefore, we were technically front row....lol. So, we were able to see, and I was able to talk back and forth with Lindsey, since the top of her head was even with the stage (I'm tall). My mom had never seen them live, so she was extremely excited.

The show was really great! Lindsey was friendly as always. Talked to the crowd, let us play his guitar, etc. I love the fact that he seems to remember people. He seemed to remember me and some others close to me......he said some things to us.....such as "Hey, baby," etc. which I thought was cute. Stevie looked beautiful. She had many costume changes as you can see from the pictures people have posted. I thought that was great. She still seems to be recovering from her illness a few weeks back. As others have mentioned, she was holding her throat on "Silver Springs" at the end. She still sounded amazing to me. Lindsey sounded great and had his usual endless energy.

I really like the fast, original "Go Insane" version this tour. "Storms" was really beautiful. I was glad to be able to hear that live. I didn't know how this greatest hits tour might go, but I'm really glad I went. I got to hear songs I love that they probably would never play again on other tours. It was well worth it.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 06-22-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
This is the first time they actually let people who weren't on the front row up at the stage.
I don't mean to be rude, but I thought it was common knowledge that they've been doing that since the SYW tour began in 2003. I hope you didn't pay ridiculous scalper prices for those seats, but it sounds like you and your mom still had fun.

Last edited by Livia; 06-22-2009 at 01:29 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I thought it was common knowledge that they've been doing that since the SYW tour began in 2003. I hope you didn't pay ridiculous scalper prices for those seats, but it sounds like you and your mom still had fun.
I meant that was the first time at the Sommet Center that they have allowed people to come down front unless you were on the front. I don't remember them allowing it for the Nashville show on the SYW tour either. I purchased front row for that as well, and I got there earlier that time. Therefore, maybe, I didn't notice. I have read on here that they had allowed people to come down front for other shows this tour, but I figured it was a venue to venue decision. I didn't think from my experiences at the Sommet Center before, that would be the case. Anyway, it worked out.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, did anyone happen to record the Nashville show? I would love, love, love to have a copy. If you did record it, and you would be willing to post the mp3s on here, I would love you forever....mean it.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
I meant that was the first time at the Sommet Center that they have allowed people to come down front unless you were on the front. I don't remember them allowing it for the Nashville show on the SYW tour either. I purchased front row for that as well, and I got there earlier that time. Therefore, maybe, I didn't notice. I have read on here that they had allowed people to come down front for other shows this tour, but I figured it was a venue to venue decision. I didn't think from my experiences at the Sommet Center before, that would be the case. Anyway, it worked out.
the venue guys said the band's private security would be recruiting the first 15 rows to the front. I had row 3 and asked if I could go ahead up before that started, and he said Yes, they will tell you if the answer is otherwise. Other than checking our tix, that was all they did.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She struggled with vocals all night from what I could see on the Youtube videos...especially Silver Springs (and it wasn't just the ending, the WHOLE song)..I wonder if she's sick again, or the schedule has just been too grueling for her??
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac at Sommet Center 6/19/09 By The Spin, Nashville Scene

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nash...ac_at_somm.php

If someone had told us when we were 15 that we'd: a) be going to see Fleetwood Mac--a band who was adult contemporary and soft even when they rocked--voluntarily; and b) be pretty excited about it--we'd have probably laughed. We'd love nothing more than to report that band--with all members hovering between the ages of 59 and 63--blew us away, sounded phenomenal and rocked with a burning passion that flew in the face of their age. But the show sounded old, tired and phoned-in. We were bummed.

Fleetwood Mac are one of those bands that for many of our generation elicit memories of excruciatingly long car rides to which they were the soundtrack. However, the undeniable quality of the songwriting on the band's three seminal records Fleetwood Mac, Rumors and Tusk inevitably led us to grow up and appreciate how great they are. The Sommet Center show made us feel like we were 15 again, bored and squirming in our seats.

We knew we were in trouble from the start, when not a single person around us stood for the opening song, "Monday Morning." Given the demographic of the audience--just think Belle Meade Country Club--we were expecting a tame crowd with a proclivity towards sitting. But we at least expected that all would rise for the opening song.

Next up was "The Chain." **** yeah! Or so we thought. Midway through the Rumors anthem we found ourselves bored. This became the case with many of the hits--which the band's set was chock full of, this being a "greatest hits" tour and all. From "Dreams" to "Rhiannon," "Gold Dust Woman" to "Tusk," nearly every one one of the band's indelible classics in what Stevie Nicks called their "myriad of treasure trove songs" underwhelmed, lacking the potency of their original recordings. "Tusk" was going fine until the whole USC marching band section was piped in by either a sequencer or a synthesizer, making it seem instantly cheesy. Where are Heypenny when you need 'em?

The biggest problem was Stevie Nicks. Her voice sounded fatigued, pitchy and at some points just plain bad. Most of the songs were dropped down a key or two and she would still take many of the lower harmonies, which contributed to the songs' losing a lot of their power. Couple this with her uncomfortable "mystic" fabric twirling and you have a performance that bordered on goat-like parody throughout the duration of the show. She seems like a real nice lady and all, it's just that people are paying upwards of $150 a ticket for this show and, frankly, deserved better for that price.

Lindsay Buckingham, on the other hand, was mostly great. His voice, by and large, has held up, and he had more than his share of blistering guitar solos. His talents were not enough to save the show however, and he too has a presence that borders on parody, fawning over himself and playing up the whole star-crossed lovers schtick in a way that makes him come off as weirdly self-absorbed. Even for a rock star.

Unfortunately Christine McVie, having retired from touring, was absent from the proceedings and the version of "Say You Love Me" they played made us long for her presence. Her ex-husband, bassist John McVie held down a solid groove--no complaints about him--while Mick Fleetwood was mostly awesome, both as a hammy performer and as player. His greatest transgression was a drum solo during the encore that sounded frighteningly similar to Iron Butterfly's "Inagaddadivida."

The night wasn't without at least a few moments, as songs like "Second Hand News," "Go Your Own Way" and especially "Landslide" still retained some of their power. But the show never really got to the point of kicking ass. Waiting for those few and far between moments kept us there for the entire two-and-a-half hours, but, unsatisfied at show's end, we headed over to the Features show at Mercy Lounge for something that rocks!