User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Louisville Nov 5th

So, was anyone there other than me?

The karaoke tracks were mixed much lower(on most songs) than the last show I saw. In My World, Hold Me, and Little Lies were obvious tracks, but the only blatantly obvious ones. Also, Lindsey was playing more solo licks than last time, helping to cover the tracks.

That said, the sound was BAD. It was loud AF! I mean, holy jesus, I'm a deaf sound man myself, and it was killing me (I forgot to bring ear plugs). But people around me were saying the same thing, that the sound was terrible tonight (because they said the Palace had great acoustics, and it was one of the best venues to hear a band). The volume was what you'd expect at a heavy metal show. Not exaggerating at all.

Funny note, at least in the area where I was sitting, I was a CHILD. Everyone in my section was at LEAST 60 plus! I was like, holy crap, I'm into a geezer band! I mean, I knew that, but I'd never been surrounded by 70yo's at a concert! Lmfao!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

The karaoke tracks were mixed much lower(on most songs) than the last show I saw. In My World, Hold Me, and Little Lies were obvious tracks, but the only blatantly obvious ones. Also, Lindsey was playing more solo licks than last time, helping to cover the tracks.

That said, the sound was BAD. It was loud AF! I mean, holy jesus, I'm a deaf sound man myself, and it was killing me (I forgot to bring ear plugs). But people around me were saying the same thing, that the sound was terrible tonight (because they said the Palace had great acoustics, and it was one of the best venues to hear a band). The volume was what you'd expect at a heavy metal show. Not exaggerating at all.

Funny note, at least in the area where I was sitting, I was a CHILD. Everyone in my section was at LEAST 60 plus! I was like, holy crap, I'm into a geezer band! I mean, I knew that, but I'd never been surrounded by 70yo's at a concert! Lmfao!
Ha ha. I always assumed you were in your late 50's but maybe you are a younger fan?
Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Ha ha. I always assumed you were in your late 50's but maybe you are a younger fan?
Late 40s. I curmudgeoned early. Stevie made me do it!
Old 11-06-2017, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Your post is so funny especially for the irony. You mention how old everybody was and then complain the sound was too loud. I just thought that was ironic. Usually that is what old people say at concerts and wear ear plugs.
For Saturday night's concert I am putting fresh tennis balls on my walker.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:52 AM

I love it loud!! How was the show, otherwise?
Old 11-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was so BRIGHT. Treble was more the problem than sheer volume. The guitar solos were piercingly bright.

Yeah, your age jokes are funny. I'm just telling you that everyone around me was saying that the sound sucked (not just volume) in a place known for superb acoustics...

Setlist was the same as always, minus the permanently dropped Game Of Pretend. The old couple sitting next to me, when it was over, the husband wouldn't get up and leave, insisting to his wife, "she still may come out and do Songbird!" I assured him that that wasn't going to happen, so he finally got up and let us out of our row.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:53 PM

They dropped GOP??? So it's 7 songs of the new album.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They dropped GOP??? So it's 7 songs of the new album.
They did game of pretend in both WV and Cleveland, wonder why not in Louisville? The start was not late so that cannot be an excuse. And sound was so spectacular in both Clay center and Rocksino, I just assumed those are great venues for sound and thats why... but if Louisville venue is known for good sound than that seems haphazard. Wonder what was the problem?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Ledgie

I read on Twitter that Christine wasn't well last night so maybe that's why GOP was dropped?
Old 11-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know. They clearly knew early, that they weren't going to do it, because Lindsey was very clear about we have one more encore song.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I don't know. They clearly knew early, that they weren't going to do it, because Lindsey was very clear about we have one more encore song.
I love that song. Sorry to hear it was dropped.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliefw View Post
I read on Twitter that Christine wasn't well last night so maybe that's why GOP was dropped?

I just saw the same, that Chris, Jimmy and Neale I think it is are ill.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, of the backing band members, Jimmy got by far the most applause. The crowd really cheered loudly when Lindsey announced him. No contest.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
By the way, of the backing band members, Jimmy got by far the most applause. The crowd really cheered loudly when Lindsey announced him. No contest.
He's fantastic!!
Old 11-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Maybe they didn't do Game of Pretend because the old geezers up in the rafters said it was too dang loud