User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Nice! We'll be in B1, in the first 6 rows for the two nights.

I like that the west coast shows are before ours, so we'll know what the set lists will look like. Gotta think all the bands are going to stick to their "greatest hits" for both shows. Assuming the Mac does 12-15 songs, what will they be?

The no-brainers:
Rhiannon
Say You Love Me
Go Your Own Way
Dreams
Don't Stop
You Make Loving Fun
The Chain

The almost shoo-ins:
Landslide
Little Lies
Gypsy
Gold Dust Woman

My guesses for the rest:
Second Hand News
I'm So Afraid
Tusk
Big Love
Never Going Back Again
Hey, great seats! I'm only going to the FM concert.

I'm hoping there are more than 15 songs. Maybe 18?

I'm hoping for Hold Me and maybe drop Landslide, although I know it's favorite. Maybe they will leave out Big Love. I'd prefer Everywhere.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Hey, great seats! I'm only going to the FM concert.

I'm hoping there are more than 15 songs. Maybe 18?

I'm hoping for Hold Me and maybe drop Landslide, although I know it's favorite. Maybe they will leave out Big Love. I'd prefer Everywhere.
I figure about 18 songs for the FM set. I think you have to look no further than the 2015 shows (and the one off show at Dodger Stadium last year) for the set. Take the standard 2015 set and chop 5 songs off (Bleed to Love Her, Big Love, Think About Me, Gypsy, Songbird) and I'd say that is an approximate set. Probably an outside chance something like Say You Love Me gets swapped with Hold Me. I wouldn't expect anything too obscure nor would I expect any BuckVie songs - and if there are, then add back in Stand Back.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I figure about 18 songs for the FM set. I think you have to look no further than the 2015 shows (and the one off show at Dodger Stadium last year) for the set. Take the standard 2015 set and chop 5 songs off (Bleed to Love Her, Big Love, Think About Me, Gypsy, Songbird) and I'd say that is an approximate set. Probably an outside chance something like Say You Love Me gets swapped with Hold Me. I wouldn't expect anything too obscure nor would I expect any BuckVie songs - and if there are, then add back in Stand Back.
Yeah, I also don't expect big surprises. I don't think they're adding BuckVie songs. Maybe on next year's tour.

But I'm really hoping they add Hold Me.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Billboard article / interview

surprised nobody posted this yet... came out earlier today, seems to be a compilation from various interviews Christine and Lindsey gave while promoting their BuckVie album / tour and were asked about the Classic shows -

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...source=twitter

Fleetwood Mac Talk Returning to the Stage for Classic East Gig After Two-Year Hiatus
7/12/2017 by Gary Graff

Danny Clinch
Fleetwood Mac

After going their own ways for nearly two years, the members of Fleetwood Mac are looking forward to being back together for a pair of shows this month, as part bi-coastal festival The Classic.

The Mac will be back together on Sunday (June 16) for Classic West in Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium, with Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire also on the bill. The Eagles, with Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers, will headline the first night on Saturday. Classic East takes place July 29 through 30 at Citi Field in New York. It'll be Fleetwood Mac's first public appearances since November of 2015 and will be proof of drummer Mick Fleetwood's pronouncement earlier this year that the group is "alive and well" despite the recent period of down time.

"We're just going to go in and close our eyes and have fun -- that's all I can say about it," guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who's currently touring with Mac mate Christine McVie to promote their new duo album, tells Billboard. "It's sort of a spectacle. You can't really worry about the aesthetics or anything. You just have to have fun with it, and hopefully that's what we'll do. We're just going to brush up on our set, and we're certainly not reinventing anything for those shows."

McVie adds that, "It'll be more of the same, I expect. Certainly we'll start with the 'The Chain.' I think we've got muscle memory after being on the road for a year and a half the last time. It will probably be basically the same set; I don't know if we might decide to make an extreme move and do something different."

Fleetwood Mac toured with the Eagles during the '70s, playing stadium dates together, and Mac's Stevie Nicks had a widely acknowledged relationship with the Eagles' Don Henley. "We used to sort of alternate between one and two in the charts back in the '70s," McVie remembers. "We'd check out Billboard and see who was number one this week, so we were fairly competitive back in the day. But I still have such fond memories of 'Hotel California.' It takes me way back to that time."

Like other fans, she and Buckingham are curious to see how the Eagles fly without the late Glenn Frey, whose death in January of 2016 initially seemed to bring an end to the group, which will play the shows with Frey's son Deacon and Vince Gill in his stead.

"I was quite surprised, actually, but I'm proud of them for doing it. I think they've got a good replacement for Glenn," McVie says. Buckingham adds that, "It was just a sad thing, Glenn's passing, so I don't know what you do in that kind of situation. I don't really have any preconceptions. They're smart guys; I'm sure it all works on some level, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out. But, you know, it's just such a loss in the sense of Don and Glenn for all those years -- and other people kind of floating in and out of the band, but that always being the center. So anything [else] you do is going to seem a little foreign, at least initially."

Buckingham and McVie will also be playing their own shows around two Classic shows dates, while Nicks has four U.S. solo shows booked for August and September, and Fleetwood will be publishing a limited edition book about Fleetwood Mac's early days this fall with Britain's Genesis Publications. There are plans for the Mac to tour in 2018, though Buckingham is also finishing up a new solo album for the new year.

"That's typical for us; There's a lot of moving parts, so you've got to wait for everyone to be ready," he says. And there's also a possibility that he and McVie will play more of their duo shows, which blend material from the album with an assortment of Fleetwood Mac favorites.

"We certainly could end up doing another leg," Buckingham says. "There was some talk about going to Europe. Again, in the same way the albums started off as sort of a lark, we don't have any agenda for any scenario here. I'm just thinking the shows are going to be fun no matter what we do, and we'll see where it goes. We're just enjoying each other's company and enjoying revisiting our dynamic. I just think it's such a surprisingly positive thing, this whole project coming together and the way that it did, and how it turned out. So I'm just happy with whatever happens."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 07-13-2017 at 07:30 PM..
Old 07-17-2017, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Classic West Set List:
  1. The Chain
  2. You Make Loving Fun
  3. Dreams
  4. Second Hand News
  5. Rhiannon
  6. Everywhere
  7. Bleed to Love Her
  8. Tusk
  9. Sara
  10. Say You Love Me
  11. Big Love
  12. Landslide (dedicated to Glenn Frey and his son Deacon)
  13. Never Going Back Again
  14. Think About Me (done closer to the original with the ooh-ooh-ooh's at the end)
  15. Gypsy
  16. Little Lies
  17. Gold Dust Woman
  18. I’m So Afraid
  19. Go Your Own Way
  20. Don’t Stop

Fleetwood Mac closes out The Classic West
Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 AM
Ledgie

Some relative surprises there. Bleed to Love Her, Sara, and Think About Me aren't totally obvious choices. Would have been cool if they did Hold Me and Wish You Were Here given their presence on the Buckingham McVie tour, especially since the Mirage album is so underrepresented. Surprised at no Silver Springs and Songbird encore.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
Some relative surprises there. Bleed to Love Her, Sara, and Think About Me aren't totally obvious choices. Would have been cool if they did Hold Me and Wish You Were Here given their presence on the Buckingham McVie tour, especially since the Mirage album is so underrepresented. Surprised at no Silver Springs and Songbird encore.
Surprised they did Sara and no Silver Springs. Songbird is vocally demanding, so I guess Christine is saving it for the BuckVie tour. Besides, you can't end a show with Songbird and fireworks!

I was also waiting for Hold Me but I guess they don't want to take the surprise element out of the BuckVie tour.

I'm reading everywhere The Eagles show was better than FM show. Besides, The Eagles played for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-17-2017 at 08:33 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really no surprise at all with that setlist. It's the same set they were playing at the end of the On With the Show tour without World Turning, Silver Springs, and Songbird.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Really no surprise at all with that setlist. It's the same set they were playing at the end of the On With the Show tour without World Turning, Silver Springs, and Songbird.
Yup, all as expected, same set they played at every festival and the like since Australia 2015. Same as last summer's benefit they played too. They always end festival gigs w don't stop and skip slower lesser widely known songs they like to use to close down their regular tour shows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yup, all as expected, same set they played at every festival and the like since Australia 2015. Same as last summer's benefit they played too. They always end festival gigs w don't stop and skip slower lesser widely known songs they like to use to close down their regular tour shows.
I always think it's better to close a show with a bang rather than a slow song. Don't Stop is the perfect ending to a FM show.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Songbird is vocally demanding, so I guess Christine is saving it for the BuckVie tour.
They've been ending the BuckVie shows with "Game of Pretend," not "Songbird." But maybe that song is equally demanding to sing, so you may be right that the purpose of skipping "Songbird" is to preserve the vocal cords for the emotional show-ending ballad in the BuckVie shows.

I'll bet both Chris and Lindsey are looking forward to getting back to their tour.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
They've been ending the BuckVie shows with "Game of Pretend," not "Songbird." But maybe that song is equally demanding to sing, so you may be right that the purpose of skipping "Songbird" is to preserve the vocal cords for the emotional show-ending ballad in the BuckVie shows.

I'll bet both Chris and Lindsey are looking forward to getting back to their tour.
That's true but Songbird does not go over as well in a giant Stadium compared to a small theater or arena
Old 07-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Yeah, what I was trying to say is that she was saving her voice for "Game of Pretend"

Quote:
BuckVie tour can't get here fast enough.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I always think it's better to close a show with a bang rather than a slow song. Don't Stop is the perfect ending to a FM show.
agree!

FM / LB / BM idea of a slow song closer really bugged me for the longest time. now i'm just resigned to it - but i'm glad they are aware that other than them nobody else thinks slow song is a good closer and don't try to employ that philosophy when they play festivals!

Old 07-18-2017, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure of the boundaries as far as posting items from social media accounts (in this case a fully public account) but I saw this on Twitter: a concert thank you to John/Julie from their designer. Included is a FB link with three little concert videos, a thank you to the realtor who introduced her to the McVies, and the mention of a 2018 tour that includes NZ.

@SCDesignGroup: An amazing night and performance. Thank you John McVie and Julie McVie . Such lovely clients and Marcie Hartley... http://fb.me/wRB09tJi

From FB (text, I've not saved her videos):
An amazing night and performance. Thank you John McVie and Julie McVie . Such lovely clients and Marcie Hartley you are the best for introducing me to them. 2018 the band will be in New Zealand. I'll be at that concert with my Kiwi son and daughter in law . See you there !