Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Backatcha AbbiJoy
I get to see them next Satuday when Fleetwood Mac headlines at the New Orleans JazzFest....I have been going each year and dreaming they would come one year...the last time I saw them in an outdoor venue was at a stadium at City Park in 1977...I heard that the massive Acura Stage area can cram in about 50,000 or more...it was certainly packed for Billy Joel and the buzz is that it may be even worse next Saturday for FM since the weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and 73 degrees...perfect day for a concert
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ...

All I can say is this is so typical of this board. I dont even have to read the actual post...all I have to do is read the name of the person making the post and I can predict with about 98% accuracy if the post is negative and derogatory to Stevie or if it is how Lindsey is the genius and is the only life in the show. It is pretty sad actually....FM wouldnt be FM without them both and Mick and John. Leave your negative attitude at the door or just dont post here anymore.

With that said, I think I am just going to stay in lurker mode forever. Most of you people are just too pissy and mean spirited for me. Cya....
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but her versions of “Rhiannon” and “Sara” were so croaky and lifeless that she couldn’t have placed in the top 5 in a Stevie Nicks sound-alike contest.

Aw, poor Stevie.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
All I can say is this is so typical of this board. I dont even have to read the actual post...all I have to do is read the name of the person making the post and I can predict with about 98% accuracy if the post is negative and derogatory to Stevie or if it is how Lindsey is the genius and is the only life in the show. It is pretty sad actually....FM wouldnt be FM without them both and Mick and John. Leave your negative attitude at the door or just dont post here anymore.

With that said, I think I am just going to stay in lurker mode forever. Most of you people are just too pissy and mean spirited for me. Cya....
...But there really is no point of having a discussion board if people aren't allowed to have dissenting points of view. Also, if you've posted only 404 times in 13 years, I think that means you're already pretty much a lurker anyway.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love

Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
...But there really is no point of having a discussion board if people aren't allowed to have dissenting points of view. Also, if you've posted only 404 times in 13 years, I think that means you're already pretty much a lurker anyway.
You just made me think of dissention... lol and dodo/lurker by Genesis
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Listen, dude, I just gave a comment about an officially released review. Don't accuse me of talking negative and derogatory to Stevie. The reviewer did. I just said that it is a review with observations that someone can make. It's not the first time that Lindsey is portrayed as the master of ceremony during FM liveshows, and that his energy saves their legacy in concert.

I bought tickets for two Amsterdam shows. Because I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy

Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great video of Lindsey and Mick playing Gypsy

I shouldn't have ever said Stevie is the main attraction at any FM show.. That was idiotic. Just for the record, Ledgies. I got a little passionate and protective of Stevie baby when I read that review.im over it
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman

Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes... if by "oomph," you mean playing along to a pre-recorded backing track and giving the same canned speeches night after night. I think I'd much prefer a live experience that was, in fact, LIVE. Not some kind of hybrid version of "live." You get what you pay for.
Hey, you've got a point here. I hate those prerecorded tracks and speeches as much as you do, honestly. As much as I hate the fact that they play with a shadowdrummer. But, apart from that, it is not the oomph that I mean. He brings something else, and you know what I mean.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart I Love Your Post!!

Quote:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Personally, I respect them ALL but still am and always will be a STEVIE FAN for so many reasons. After all, she and only she was the one who caught my attention when I first saw the Rhiannon, Rosebud documentary, performance in 1975. After that one performance, I went out and bought the Buckingham Nicks album and that was the beginning of my fandom which has lasted up until the present! Maybe she was overly emotional at this concert because her ex husband Mr Kim Anderson was there, who knows? At least he cared enough to be there and that says a lot about Stevie's ability to create lasting relationships with all or most of her friends and family members! Sure it would be great if her voice was like it was all those years ago, I won't deny that, because that was the voice I loved and have loved all these years but time changes everything and everyone eventually. If I want to hear her voice the way it was all I have to do is play those recordings again, eg: "Forest Of The Black Roses", "Violet And Blue", "Blue Lamp", "Sleeping Angel", "Rock A Little", "Cathouse Blues", "Crystal", "Planets Of The Universe", "Doing The Best I Can",(I bet if she had the chance she could do a killer version of this right now just to let the naysayers know she still has a voice even if it's not the voice she is famous for), etc...! These words seem very appropriate right now, "The People, They Love Her But Still Their The Most Cru...el"
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
[/B]

You took the words right out of my mouth! Personally, I respect them ALL but still am and always will be a STEVIE FAN for so many reasons. After all, she and only she was the one who caught my attention when I first saw the Rhiannon, Rosebud documentary, performance in 1975. After that one performance, I went out and bought the Buckingham Nicks album and that was the beginning of my fandom which has lasted up until the present! Maybe she was overly emotional at this concert because her ex husband Mr Kim Anderson was there, who knows? At least he cared enough to be there and that says a lot about Stevie's ability to create lasting relationships with all or most of her friends and family members! Sure it would be great if her voice was like it was all those years ago, I won't deny that, because that was the voice I loved and have loved all these years but time changes everything and everyone eventually. If I want to hear her voice the way it was all I have to do is play those recordings again, eg: "Forest Of The Black Roses", "Violet And Blue", "Blue Lamp", "Sleeping Angel", "Rock A Little", "Cathouse Blues", "Crystal", "Planets Of The Universe", "Doing The Best I Can",(I bet if she had the chance she could do a killer version of this right now just to let the naysayers know she still has a voice even if it's not the voice she is famous for), etc...! These words seem very appropriate right now, "The People, They Love Her But Still Their The Most Cru...el"
I was at the show and she didn't seem emotional at all. Where did that come from? I don't think the review said that either. She seemed to be in perfectly good spirits as far as I could tell.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All I can say is this is so typical of this board. I dont even have to read the actual post...all I have to do is read the name of the person making the post and I can predict with about 98% accuracy if the post is negative and derogatory to Stevie or if it is how Lindsey is the genius and is the only life in the show. .
the following 2 posts immediately dispute your 98% accuracy right there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
I saw 4 shows on the SYW TOUR...and I agree that I like Lyndsey's Voice on this Tour much better...I think he is doing some great vocals this tour...
Quote:
To Lindsey's credit, he sounds 100% better than he did ten years ago on the SYW tour. I was listening to SYW tour audio the other day, and Lindsey was off-key, growling, bellowing, etc. He must be doing something right!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I was at the show and she didn't seem emotional at all. Where did that come from? I don't think the review said that either. She seemed to be in perfectly good spirits as far as I could tell.
I only said "MAYBE"!! Okay, you were there but you don't know how she was feeling so you really can't comment about her emotions unless she confided in you. Just saying!