The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sheryl Crow is joining Fleetwood Mac!!!

Sheryl Crow to Join Fleetwood Mac
Posted Mar 13th 2008 11:55PM by Steve Baltin
Filed under: News, Exclusive

Move over Stevie: Sheryl Crow is planning to join Fleetwood Mac.
"We definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," Crow tells Spinner. As to when fans might hear those collaborations, she says, "I think that's going to be next year."

And what songs would she ideally like to perform onstage with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham? "I'd love to do 'The Chain' and 'Second Hand News,'" she says. "There's so many great songs that I absolutely love, and just to get to sing harmonies on them is going to be a thrill."

For Crow, who is just beginning to tour in support of her recently released 'Detours' album, the opportunity to join the legendary group (and fill the shoes of Christine McVie, who retired from touring in 1998), is a chance to work with her close friend Nicks. Perhaps more important, it will help keep the band alive, as Nicks had previously gone on record as saying she was unwilling to carry on Fleetwood Mac without McVie, who had been one of the constants of the often-evolving group since she joined in the early '70s.

According to Crow, Nicks has been a major influence in her life as an artist. "I love people that are not jaded or de-sensitized and that are still really into what they're doing and into growing as an artist, and that's her," Crow says. "She'd walk out and stand at the microphone, and I swear I was looking at a 20-year-old, because she just exudes this kind of sensual love for music."

Sheryl Crow's AOL Sessions performance, during which she broke the Fleetwood Mac news, will premiere April 11.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/13/sh...fleetwood-mac/
Old 03-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Registered

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow. I wonder if this is what Mick had to do to get Stevie to go on tour again. Better still, has anyone told Lindsey?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! this is just what the band needs. thus skyrocketing Fleetwood mac Back into the spotlight!
Just when you thought the rotating door had stopped

Hopefully it leads to .. my own personal dream of ..
THE ULTIMATE LIVE VERSION OF CRYSTAL!:
D

Last edited by Phoenix; 03-14-2008 at 01:12 AM..
Old 03-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Registered

Sheryl Crow says she'll soon be singing with Fleetwood Mac, a move sure to give new life to the classic rock band, which hasn't toured in several years.

"I don't want to make any official announcements, but I will say that we definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," Crow told the AOL music Web site Spinner.com in a story posted Thursday.

The 46-year-old singer didn't give a date, but said it could happen next year.

She's already thinking about what she'd like to perform. "I'd love to do `The Chain,' I'd love to do `Second Hand News,'" Crow said.

Crow said she looked forward to working with friend Stevie Nicks.

"I think the person I learned the most hands-on from is Stevie Nicks because she allowed me not only to co-write with her but also to produce her, and she's a true artist," she said.

Crow would give the band and Nicks a boost. According to Spinner.com, Nicks had said she wouldn't continue with Fleetwood Mac without keyboardist Christine McVie, who retired from touring in 1998. McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 shortly after marrying the band's bass guitarist, John McVie.

Fleetwood Mac last toured in 2004.

Crow is currently touring after the release of her latest album, "Detours."

Phone and e-mail messages left with representatives for Fleetwood Mac and Crow were not immediately returned.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...e211933D52.DTL
Old 03-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Wow. I wonder if this is what Mick had to do to get Stevie to go on tour again. Better still, has anyone told Lindsey?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Deja Vu or do I recall this same rumour just before the SYW tour...
Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, it was a rumor at the time of SYW, but none of the principles ever discussed it like this. This seems like something a lot more concrete than 2003.

Chili mentioned it a few days ago and now this . . .

I'm sure this is exactly what Mick was talking about earlier as being very exciting news about FM. Even during the UTS tour, Lindsey mentioned that they might double bill with someone. And now, I wonder if it was Stevie's plan all along as well. When she said she didn't like touring without Christine, she knew that Christine would never tour again, so was she only saying that to lay the groundwork for Sheryl and make Lindsey accept the idea that he had to agree that Sheryl would join the band, if he wanted to tour at all?

You know, I was hoping that some members of the band would gang up on the others, but this is not exactly what I had planned. I wanted the 3 guys to go to England and . . . I'm not happy with the shift of balance and leveraging power Sheryl's presence will cause in band interactions.

Still, in one sense this is good news because it increases the chance that we definitely WILL see FM next year. I do dread having to merge Crow's songs into the FM setlist. Let her come on first, sing her stuff and then return to the stage with FM and sing ONLY FM songs.

I always laughed at that old interview where Stevie said that John and Mick loved Sheryl and added that Lindsey really liked her a lot too. It just seemed amusing to me that she did make the distinction between Lindsey liking her and the others LOVING her.

Boy, this idea has me both excited happy and excited distressed at the same time.

What are the odds that we can get some new music if Sheryl is in the mix? Sheryl is not at the stage where she wants to sit around and play 30 year old songs for two hours, so maybe her presence there will force a new album or at least 3 new songs (one from each songwriter). In that sense, Lindsey will have won a little too.

Wow, if this happens, Sheryl's inclusion would bring a shift of balance that I really feel disadvantages my team in the end, but better this than no FM at all.

So much to ponder.

Michele
Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Word is spreading...

Google News Alert for: christine mcvie

Sheryl Crow says she'll be joining Fleetwood Mac
San Francisco Chronicle - CA, USA
According to Spinner.com, Nicks had said she wouldn't continue with Fleetwood Mac without keyboardist Christine McVie, who retired from touring in 1998
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Google News Alert for: stevie nicks

Sheryl Crow 'to join Fleetwood Mac'
The Press Association -
Crow said she looked forward to working with close friend Stevie Nicks. "I think the person I learned the most hands-on from is Stevie Nicks because she ...
See all stories on this topic
Old 03-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first reaction was to glance at my calendar to make sure it's not April Fools' Day yet.

I definitely think that Sheryl's inclusion has much to do with Stevie wanting another female around.

I like Sheryl. My first hesitation about her joining is the backlog of songs & its effect on shows. Stevie & Lindsey have added their solo songs into the Mac set; I suspect that Sheryl will want to add at least one of hers in as well. And as a result, great old Mac songs will never see the light of a concert setting.
My other hesitation is that the press/reviewers are usually kinder to Sheryl than to the Mac, & I expect they'll broadcast that Sheryl is the savior of a dinosaur band, breathing new life into old careers. If the press will be fair & treat Sheryl as merely one more talent in a band that has had a great number of talents going back to 1967, then I'll be happy.

On the bright side, we know from TISL that Sheryl has encouraged Stevie to revisit some of her old unreleased stuff, so maybe there's hope for some of our favorites. And if they do work together on new stuff, I'm hopeful yet again; I love "You're Not the One".

- Jake
Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

****, this is fabulous!!!~
Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I HATE Sheryl Crow and I think this is a very bad idea

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-14-2008, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Shouldn't this be in the Rumours forum?
Or only Stevie fans allowed to know?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Shouldn't this be in the Rumours forum?
Or only Stevie fans allowed to know?
Good point.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is intriging! Could be exciting....I really like Sheryl alot, and do love what she's done with Stevie...But I REALLY don't want to see FM become her backing band...But I'm there...I sort of hope they put out a new cd following the old format of a couple of songs each before they tour, but I doubt that will happen...but fears aside, I'm there...