Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Cocaine is a helluva drug

fried brains all around.

in 2003 Say Goodbye was written in 1987 or so. in 2013 Say Goodbye was written in 2003.

LB never heard of a song of his titled Twist of Fate, there's just Right Place To Fade... even though Twist of Fate came out under that name at one point.

Big Love was "written in......????? 1987? i think."

the list goes on... what he really doesn't remember and what he just pretends he doesn't remember is a bit hard to sort out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yet, he totally remembers doing IDWTK live and how much fun it was.

Michele
Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
That's the problem. It seems the 2013 live version of Sisters of the Moon is inspired more by the studio version than by their older live performances. Now I don't know if Lindsey intentionally says this to pretend like he doesn't know it is considered one of Stevie's most iconic stage performances, but for God's sake will someone who has an upcoming meet and greet with Mick tell him to watch the Mirage Concert video. There is a reason why the fans were calling for this song: it should really rock and have some life to it.
Did anyone really expect this version to be the same??? I understand that this one one of her most iconic performances, but let's be real.. she can't do it the way she used to!! I figured it would be a bit more upbeat, but nothing like the Mirage tour
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I said I expected the performance would or should be the same. But if they can't remember how they used to rock the song, that's pretty sad. And Stevie is bringing it as much as she can with the vocals(!!), which really impressed me at Madison Square Garden; it's the arrangement that's lacking.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 AM
joe

first off, am glad they've brought it back. but, i was expecting a little something more. i didn't expect the speaking in tongues or wailing guitar solos but, i mean, this used to be such a show stopper. they needed to pay homage to that. the extended intro. stevie creeping in with the head veil. the extended guitar solos and ending. too much time off for this song. way overdue.

that msg performance was killer. stevie still can rock out. she was letting loose at that show. so, it's not her vocals that are limiting her, it's her own self. she needs to treat every show like it's nyc. at least she didn't break out the tamborine #not necessary.

Last edited by joe; 05-15-2013 at 12:15 AM..