User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Actually - 99% of corporate shows with General session, keynote speakers and known talent are recorded. They usually use clips from the week in the closing video.... The content is property of the corporate client and video ops turn over everything at the end or at post con.... Most of the time when it's not recorded, it's because of strict order by the speaker or talent..... Again, that very rarely happens.
It could happen with FM since they even wanted to restrict the US Festivals use of their performance. Of course, that was many moons ago when their career was at a different place.

But I meant that it's not being recorded for official FM dvd purposes at a corporate gig.

Michele
Old 11-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi all! I am a lifelong Fleetwood Mac fan, but had never been to this site before. It looks like you have a great community!

I came here looking for information on John McVie's health status, and to see if anyone had insights as to whether or not the Las Vegas New Years shows would still be proceeding. I found this thread, so I thought I would share some information about the "private" show on NYE.

The NYE event is at the MGM Garden Arena, and it is indeed private. However, it is not a "corporate event"; it is MGM's annual invite only New Years Eve party for their VIPs and high rollers. I have attached a copy of the invite.

The details for the event (referred to as the "fact sheet") is not out yet, but here is the likely set up:

- no one in the stands.
- tables set up on the floor
- pass around hors d'oeuvres to start
- full sit down dinner
- random band during hors d'oeuvres and dinner
- Fleetwood Mac after dinner til end of party post midnight
- not really sure how many people. I would guess around 500.

I will update again if I get my hands on the official fact sheet and update.

Thanks all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fm.JPG (92.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvegas View Post
Hi all! I am a lifelong Fleetwood Mac fan, but had never been to this site before. It looks like you have a great community!

I came here looking for information on John McVie's health status, and to see if anyone had insights as to whether or not the Las Vegas New Years shows would still be proceeding. I found this thread, so I thought I would share some information about the "private" show on NYE.

The NYE event is at the MGM Garden Arena, and it is indeed private. However, it is not a "corporate event"; it is MGM's annual invite only New Years Eve party for their VIPs and high rollers. I have attached a copy of the invite.

The details for the event (referred to as the "fact sheet") is not out yet, but here is the likely set up:

- no one in the stands.
- tables set up on the floor
- pass around hors d'oeuvres to start
- full sit down dinner
- random band during hors d'oeuvres and dinner
- Fleetwood Mac after dinner til end of party post midnight
- not really sure how many people. I would guess around 500.

I will update again if I get my hands on the official fact sheet and update.
Hell, we'd be lucky just to find out who's actually in the band at this point...

Fleetwood Mac has never made life easy for its fans.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I came here looking for information on John McVie's health status
Welcome to The Ledge!!! You will LOVE it here. We hold a wealth of information about Fleetwood Mac that will forever enhance your life.

No one in the know has shared any private information about John McVie as of today.

Thank you for showing us your invitation and for informing us of the NYE party and for what it celebrates. You are very lucky to be invited.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
jdvegas, wow, I'm so giddy to hear about the private show, and that you get to go to attend. Thanks for sharing the details. Now can I get awful & annoying and ask if there's any way, any chance of finding out if someone doesn't want to go and getting their ticket ???
I'm flying down from Canada just for the Dec 30 show and oh, how amazing it would be to attend this private show.
Yeah, yeah, dream on, silly dreamer...
Old 11-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good to know what it's for. Thanks.

Michele
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by garg28 View Post
jdvegas, wow, I'm so giddy to hear about the private show, and that you get to go to attend. Thanks for sharing the details. Now can I get awful & annoying and ask if there's any way, any chance of finding out if someone doesn't want to go and getting their ticket ???
I'm flying down from Canada just for the Dec 30 show and oh, how amazing it would be to attend this private show.

Maybe jdvegas can do a raffle for us Ledgies.....I'm hoping to find a way in to the NYE show too.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Maybe jdvegas can do a raffle for us Ledgies.....I'm hoping to find a way in to the NYE show too.
Now we're talking, Mike
By the way, you mentioned earlier that you were in Sec 17 for the Dec 30 show....just curious if we're neighbors...I'm in Row E...how about you?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now we're talking, Mike
By the way, you mentioned earlier that you were in Sec 17 for the Dec 30 show....just curious if we're neighbors...I'm in Row E...how about you?
Row V, so look up and wave hello.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
good luck guys! hope at least one of you gets in and can tell us later about the show. (if the whole vegas mac run does happen, of course)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a ticket that can be transferred. The invited guest has to personally attend. So the only way is if you can get someone with an invite to take you as their date...
Old 11-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a ticket that can be transferred. The invited guest has to personally attend. So the only way is if you can get someone with an invite to take you as their date...
is the invite you showed us very recent or from a while ago (thanks for sharing!)? are you planning on going?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is the invite you showed us very recent or from a while ago (thanks for sharing!)? are you planning on going?
It is brand new... and I am not sure if I will be able to go yet
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is brand new... and I am not sure if I will be able to go yet
hope you are able to make it!

interesting, i'm trying not to jump to conclusions but can't help it: if this is new, i would think that FM should still be in for it.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hope you are able to make it!

interesting, i'm trying not to jump to conclusions but can't help it: if this is new, i would think that FM should still be in for it.

Tough to know. They are still promoting the show on the 30th and tickets are still on sale.