The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default So If Christine, Stevie and Lindsey were to bring in one existing solo song..

from their existing solo libraries for a new album. Which songs would you choose?

For Stevie, "AnnaLee" - that song sounds more Fleetwood Mac than much of Say You Will and would rock as an FM song!!

For Christine, I'm thinking "Friend" would be a fantastic one for her.

And Lindsey, I have always wondered what a full on Fleetwood Mac arrangement of "Trouble" would sound like!

Thoughts?

FMM2
Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMM2 View Post
from their existing solo libraries for a new album. Which songs would you choose?

For Stevie, "AnnaLee" - that song sounds more Fleetwood Mac than much of Say You Will and would rock as an FM song!!

And Lindsey, I have always wondered what a full on Fleetwood Mac arrangement of "Trouble" would sound like!

Thoughts?

FMM2
Those are great choices.

It would be nice for Christine to perform her one big solo hit, Got A Hold On Me.

It would be really nice for Stevie to drop Stand Back, and replace it with some other upbeat song like In Your Dreams or Imperial Hotel. Implausible, I know.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMM2 View Post

Thoughts?

FMM2
Stevie: Planets Of The Universe. Would love to hear the Mac play this since it's been featured on the Rumours re-releases.
Christine: Agreed with Friend, would've fit in perfectly with the Mac catalogue.
Lindsey: Switch out Stevie's party anthem for Lindsey's and gimme Holiday Road. lol Now THAT would be interesting, have Mick do the grunts or barks or whatever towards the end. lol
Old 01-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very good choices on all three.

I thought Friend sounded like a FM song the moment I heard it, if you added a quirky guitar part fill somewhere, and with Mic and John. Would've done well on the charts...probably still could since most don't know it.

Stevie I'd really like to hear Planets, but not if they over produce it like they did with Smile At You.

LB is a little tougher because so many of his songs don't really fit the "band" feel. That's the point I guess.
Couple choices, a more modern sounding "Soul Drifter", "Surrender the Rain", "Down on Rodeo" (but that's practically already been done as a MAC song), Love Runs Deeper.

There are others I'd selfishly like to hear, but I think those fit the "band" type of sound.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the intro on "Friend" is a bit of a rip-off of YMLF.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very much. She was channeling her inner LB, and reusing a few bars here and there.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Very much. She was channeling her inner LB, and reusing a few bars here and there.
I have a friend that is not a FMac fan. He always asks me, "Has Lindsey written, 'Big Love' again yet?"
Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've always thought Stop Dragging my heart around would be a good replacement of Stand Back. I understand that Stevie wants a rocker to do since most of her FWM songs are slow or mid tempo. Edge of 17 wouldn't fit with the band.
For Christine I wish she would do some pre 75 songs: Why, Spare me a little, get like you used to.
I can't comment on Lindsey don't know his solo music at all. I don't think I've even heard a song. I should really check out you tube
Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It would be nice for Christine to perform her one big solo hit, Got A Hold On Me.

It would be really nice for Stevie to drop Stand Back, and replace it with some other upbeat song like In Your Dreams or Imperial Hotel. Implausible, I know.
i'm going with your understanding of this thread: what solo songs they can perform with FM.

re what solo songs that are already out as solo to put on a new FM album - why do that? don't you want to get new songs?? plus LB already brought tons of his solo songs to previous FM albums - TITN and SYW come to mind. so it's been done, and some people loved it, others hated it.

it's interesting to read suggestions that seem to point out how little people here know of LB's solo catalog. (Trouble? shoot me now. ) personally, i like it much better when people say "i don't know" instead, like gssmith did.

so going with that, since i don't know enough of SN's or CM's solo catalog i'll stay away from suggesting EO17.

for LB, if FM is performing a solo song from each songwriter, That's The Way Love Goes should be the one.

although as LB said, Mick would love to have the opportunity to drum live on Gift of Screws, but that song may be too left field for the Mac set. TTWLG has just the right balance of popiness, rockiness and punkishness to still fit into the Mac set and rejuvenate it. (of course, my very first choice would be In Our Own Time, but that one may be too "edgy".)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont see why not .Stevie has Standback..I would like to see Lindsey put Trouble in the set list.Christine can put her solo tunes in setlist and there will be no time for any covers.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I dont see why not .Stevie has Standback..I would like to see Lindsey put Trouble in the set list.Christine can put her solo tunes in setlist and there will be no time for any covers.
see the post above.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
They actually rehearsed, "Trouble" during Mirage rehearsals.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
although as LB said, Mick would love to have the opportunity to drum live on Gift of Screws, but that song may be too left field for the Mac set.
I'd love to see GOS, not necessarily with FM. But if they put it in I couldn't complain too much. It's so short that I don't think it would disrupt an FM show or be as incongruent as Come was. It's over before you know it.

I don't know if playing it requires something differently than his other songs do, but I've never seen Lindsey look quite like he does during that song. It almost reminds me of trying to hold a power drill and you have to concentrate with all your might, as it vibrates through you, because the force is such that if you loosen up it could knock you flat on your face.

As for Christine, for the crowd I'd choose Gotta Hold On Me and I'd love that for myself too, but I'd also love a selection from Meantime. But I actually think it would be a good thing to bring Gotta Hold back to everyone's memory. It's been forgotten and I'd love to feel that, "hey I remember that" ripple.

But I'm not actually in favor of them doing solo songs. They have enough unheard Mac songs. Stevie can keep her Stand Back and there are other things I want from Christine and Lindsey.

Michele
Old 01-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see the post above.
Hahaha sorry . I notice that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They actually rehearsed, "Trouble" during Mirage rehearsals.
That I did not know.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be nice if all of them do a medley of hits from their solo career.Just a verse of a song .Time would be limited for that as long they sing most of their hits and some new tunes in the mix.

It would be fulfilling for a show as I seen other artists do song medleys.