Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Vegas

Any other Ledgies going to the Vegas show Sunday night? It would be cool to say hi.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got home. Loved the show. Not sure where to start. I really haven't kept up with too many of the reviews of the other shows, and I could never top Michele's, but hopefully I can hit the high points. First of all, I would have to say that Stevie seems the happiest she's been on a Fleetwood Mac tour since The Dance, very present and engaged. For me, her first two songs were her weakest. With Dreams, the problem seemed to be that she was buried in the mix; it almost sounded like Lindsey was singing the chorus solo. Rhiannon didn't quite click either, but after that she was golden. Which leads me to a question.....are those two songs just hard for her to sing (and thus probably not good ones to open with), or does she just need a couple numbers to get warmed up?

Sad Angel was great, and everyone seemed to enjoy it, which is nice for a new song. I thought Without You was great too, and I think Stevie's speech was similar to other nights, although when she said FM really just needed a brilliant guitar player, Lindsey chimed in that "luckily they realized they also needed a brilliant lead singer." I'm not sure if that has been part of the script, but Stevie seemed surprised by it and said that it was very sweet of him to say that.

I barely heard a word of the Big Love speech because of a bunch of idiots behind me who wouldn't shut the f**k up to save their lives. The song was well received, but I would say the technically-never-a-hit I'm So Afraid blows it away in terms of being a showstopper.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to her goddaughter Amy and to someone who is like a second brother (and he will know what that means), whose name is Cory. After Stevie left the stage, and Lindsey was getting ready to do NGBA, the crowd erupted into Happy Birthday. Stevie came back out to thank us and said something about calling it an un-birthday.....I couldn't hear her exact words over the crowd noise, but it was a really nice spontaneous moment, and everyone gave her a standing ovation. Why didn't I get the memo about singing after Landslide? You Ledgies are supposed to keep me informed!

I'm generally not a huge fan of Not That Funny, but I liked it a lot tonight, and EOTW is so great live, even though it doesn't stand out for me on Mirage. I really enjoyed both Sara and Gypsy, and even though we think of them as not translating well to the stage, they both got big reactions from the audience too.

When Mick was introducing the band and got to Stevie, he said he had promised not to say anything but since all of us had already sung to her, he also wished her a happy birthday and said she would kill him later.

Lindsey mentioned at least twice what a good crowd we were, and while I'm sure he says that every night, he may very well have meant it. The crowd ate up every moment of the show tonight, and that's not always the case in this town.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, so if I think of anything else I will post more in the morning.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Mike. I wonder how everyone knew just when to sing Happy Birthday at the same time. Maybe they organized on Facebook.

Oh, that's really fun to read that Lindsey said that FM needed a brilliant lead singer too and she seemed pleased.

Stevie does seem happy this tour. I hope it lasts and I hope that she doesn't say a couple of years ago that she hated it.

So glad you had a great time. I know what you mean about Vegas crowds. Sometimes they're not there because they are enthusiastic fans, but just because they happen to be in town and the locals have seen so many acts in every week that they've seen it all. So, when you bring the house down in Vegas, you know you're on top of your game.

Thanks for the report.

Michele
Old 05-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Getty has images.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/get...ocId=169546033
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more things I wanted to mention:

Michele, you made that really funny comment about Stevie saying SOTM hadn't been done since 1981 and that she was getting closer, and we would get her to say 1982 eventually. Well last night after SOTM, she just said thank you with no mention at all of when the song was last done. I guess she's tired of trying to guess right. By the way, after reading some mixed reviews of the song, I thought it totally worked, and there's no reason she shouldn't sing it more often.

During the Landslide intro, Stevie said she had written it in 1973 and had no idea it was going to become such a hallmark song for her and FM. This made me laugh because wasn't it just last year's solo tour when she was saying that after she wrote it, she knew it would be an important song?

There were a few twirls at the end of Gypsy, but not during the middle of Stand Back. Was last night an anomoly, or did that change after she hurt her knee?

Also, I haven't been watching YouTube videos, so I don't know if this is typical, but the GDW wail was really great. I hope video of it turns up because it's already such a clouded memory, but it was like it had two parts; she did the normal thing, then paused and added more. After seeing it so many times, this song really seemed to have new life.

OK, I think I'm done now.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon by Glory P

Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Also, I haven't been watching YouTube videos, so I don't know if this is typical, but the GDW wail was really great. I hope video of it turns up because it's already such a clouded memory, but it was like it had two parts; she did the normal thing, then paused and added more. After seeing it so many times, this song really seemed to have new life.
And I was thinking she did a great drawn out "dragoooon" during GDW as well. She usually does try to spin a little as they show a close up of Neale playing on the big screen during Stand Back. Her injury must be still on the mend.

Michele
Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I haven't been watching YouTube videos
Only one has been posted all day. Frustrating waiting for everyone to get home from their Vegas vacations.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy by sdintn

Band bows and Stevie's closing remarks by sdintn

Big Love by acnmason

Last edited by vivfox; 05-27-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Going Back Again by Darryl Gariglio

Landslide by ed7hanke

Stevie tells audience she is not celebrating her 65th birthday
by ed7hanke

Last edited by vivfox; 05-27-2013 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: added 2 videos
Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sister's of the Moon by ed7hanke

Silver Springs by sdintn

Don't Stop by Felipe Gonzalez

Last edited by vivfox; 05-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: added 2 videos
Old 05-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sister's of the Moon by ed7hanke

WOW!!!! another great performance.. Cant wait to hear SISTERRRRRRSSSS Live in December..

Thanks for posting
Old 05-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick introduces the birthday girl by nickjames841

Sad Angel by nickjames841

Stand Back by nickjames841

Old 05-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way by nickjames841

Silver Springs by MoniterLizard

Never Going Back Again by MoniterLizard

Last edited by vivfox; 05-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: added 2 videos
Old 05-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Las Vegas Weekly, by Josh Bell May 28, 2013

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2...c-sticks-hits/

A classic evening: Fleetwood Mac sticks to the hits

With only a handful of exceptions, Fleetwood Mac’s show at the MGM Grand Garden Arena this past Sunday was all about the classics. Over the course of two and a half hours, the band drew almost exclusively from the five albums made by its classic lineup (Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, plus the absent Christine McVie), to the obvious delight of the packed crowd. That meant plenty of hits, of course, from “The Chain” and “Dreams” early in the set, through “Landslide” and “Go Your Own Way,” culminating in “Don’t Stop,” the only Christine McVie-penned song the band played.

McVie’s absence (she retired from the band in 1998) was felt not only in the set list’s lack of her songs, but also in the band’s vocal harmonies, which were augmented by two back-up singers. While Buckingham sounded a little rough at first, he quickly warmed up, but Nicks’ voice sounded strained and uneven the entire night. It was especially evident as she tried to belt out sustained notes on songs like “Sisters of the Moon,” and when she filled in for McVie’s parts on “Don’t Stop.”

Musically, the band was in top form, and Buckingham’s intricate guitar-playing was a particular highlight. The set list made room for a few deep cuts alongside the expected popular songs, and even the new “Sad Angel” (from the band’s recent EP) fit well with the classics. The show ended with both Nicks and Fleetwood giving what sounded like awards-show acceptance speeches, and as self-indulgent as that was, they had earned it.